Florges from 'Forbidden Light!'

Verdict GX.

TCPI translators got lazy.
Looks like they used Google translate.

Cmon TCPI!

If anything, I'd say it's more likely because of the English word "Judgment"'s link to Arceus. It's not intended as a reference to Arceus, so I don't see an issue with a word synonymous with "Judgment" being used instead.
I agree with what you say. I think 'judgement GX' would work best with an Arceus GX

@Water Pokémon Master I disagree that it is for religious implications and more to keep "judgment" for Arceus TCG cards. If it was for religious reasons, Arceus (DP 50) wouldn't have Judgment and Arceus (XY Promo 83) wouldn't have Judgement Blast. I mean, in the anime, sure, maybe they were trying to avoid that. However, in the TCG it doesn't seem to be the same case.

I'm more surprised by the fact Zygarde's GX move isn't its signature move, Core Enforcer. I mean, it makes more sense than ever calling it Judgement GX or Verdict GX... plus there wouldn't be any issue of overlap or concern about religious implications. :p

just realized a silly combo with this guy, if you played it in expanded with dual brains magnezone, you could theoretically every turn use lusamine to get bonnie and a stadium, and then play them both.

and then night march comes and punches you in the face.

so whats the deal with the translation change? i know the world is getting offended by any expression of negativity, but 'judgement' is a pretty neutral word. we can only say nice things now? super weird!
This is mainly because Judgment is Arceus' signature move in the Pokemon games. Zygarde can't learn it.

Wow. This looks like it will be a powerful card. A 200hp basic? And with a double colorless you will be able possibly swing for 130 on your second turn or 150 with the GX and hide from the attacks of most other major pokemon. Throw in a Diance and you can swing for 150 and 170 or 180 and 200 with a choice band. I guess pokemon Ranger might make it back into some decks as a tech for this, but still it looks like a solid card.

Breaking News: A little girl and a giant multi-colored... thing have taken over the world. Their demands are unknown, but the giant thing seems to be referred to as "Squishy".

still underwhelmed by zygarde-gx meh, but arceus sounds horrendous if anything needs justice its arceus' voice actor

The Zygarde/Bonnie combo seems alright, but out of the 3, the thing I'm most excited for is Diancie Prism Star. During the 3-4 months that it will be legal along with Strong Energy in the Standard format, Diancie could be a total game changer for decks such as Buzzwole decks and Lucario decks that rely on Strong Energy to hit certain numbers. It makes Regirock completely obsolete.

PTCi making attack names be like:
Natures Judgement:hmm, it has nature in the name, that reduces it's reference with religion, so yes it's okay
Ice Beam: You had one job, and you failed
Requiem:hmm also doesn't reference religion that much, so it's good
Judgement:Oh no no no no no! it references religion so much! let's change the name!
Dead End:this attack doesn't denote the end of life at all, in a child-friendly game, so child-friendly in fact we made Pokemon faint instead of die when they lose,so let's keep it that way

Smh to the people complaining about Judgment being renamed to Verdict.

This is because Judgment is Arceus' signature attack in the games, which Zygarde doesn't get. The Pokemon TCG keeps its attack names consistent with the games for the most part in English (except for Confusion/Psy Bolt for some reason). I do admit, they give some Pokemon in the card game attacks they normally can't get in the games, like Dragon Storm Quagsire and Hydro Pump, but that's not my point.

Arceus' Judgment is さばきのつぶて (Judgment Strike) while Verdict's Japanese name is ジャッジメント. TPCi had to make the change to make it more consistent with the video games and how Zygarde can't learn Judgment in the games at all.

We know, what we are talking about is why is Zygarde's GX attack is so lazily named.. basically it's a single 7 letter word called Verdict... most GX attacks have like 2 words like Blue Surge, Grand Echo, Lunar Fall, basically Sylveon and Zygarde are the only GX with a single word GX attack..(Team Rocket's Mimikyu GX also has a single word GX attack but since it's a japan only promo card)

We know, what we are talking about is why is Zygarde's GX attack is so lazily named.. basically it's a single 7 letter word called Verdict... most GX attacks have like 2 words like Blue Surge, Grand Echo, Lunar Fall, basically Sylveon and Zygarde are the only GX with a single word GX attack..(Team Rocket's Mimikyu GX also has a single word GX attack but since it's a japan only promo card)

I don't buy your reasoning. The Japanese attack's also only 1 word and a lot of complaints are around the fact it "changed". And there's plenty of other one-word GX attacks, such as Vikavolt's Gigatron GX, Zoroark's Trickster GX and Gardevoir's Twilight GX.

And realistically, "Judgment GX" is a boring attack name as well.

Back