'Flashfire' Theme Decks Revealed [2/23]

They look pretty "meh", seeing as we know Meowstic cannot have an Ability that is like format breaking and it would be nice if Heliolisk was like a reprint of Eelektrik NV, but I doubt it. At least they are both level ballable. Maybe they could be good enough to be apart of Stage 1's, you never know.

I have to admit that sadly the artwork does look a bit dull..
Hopefully there are some good cards in the deck and a nice coin. ^.^

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
They look pretty "meh", seeing as we know Meowstic cannot have an Ability that is like format breaking and it would be nice if Heliolisk was like a reprint of Eelektrik NV, but I doubt it. At least they are both level ballable. Maybe they could be good enough to be apart of Stage 1's, you never know.

Also, note that they only have 90 HP. In any other game, this would mean "they're glass cannons" or something else that justifies having low HP. In the Pokemon TCG however, such Pokemon have about the same attacks as their 110+ HP brothers, and often even weaker.

Of course, not saying there aren't exceptions (Aromatisse and Slurpuff for instance).

I think Sylveon and Noivern should've been the theme decks and these two should've been in the kit.

Pretty dissapoint. I don't expect anything to great to come out of these.

Keep in mind that until we see the release of Wild Blaze in Japan that these cards could simply be place holders or something. Granted I doubt that as well but it is something to think about.

If I counted right they have 33 unreleased Gen 6 pokemon (this does not count mega evolutions or the two unrevealed legendaries and Diance). At most they can divide it between two sets before they have one representative of every new gen 6 Pokemon. Think that means we'll see a bunch of 'alternates'? By this I mean a Fighting Diggersby, a Psychic Delphox, maybe even older ones like a Dragon Reshiram?

With all due respect, I highly doubt that the "mascots" for each theme deck would be swapped out after the decks have been revealed.

I am disappointed in the choices, though. I was expecting at least one fire type, although one of these could still be half Fire I guess. I'm also pretty sure that another 1/3 of the Kalos Pokemon will be released with this set, and then the final 1/3 in the 3rd XY set. Sidebar: I really hope they make the fossil Pokemon mechanic more user friendly in the XY sets. You know, such as placing the fossil on your bench like you used to be able to do. :rolleyes: Or simply, search your deck for the restored Pokemon.

I'm in agreement with thinking Pokemon will be released 1/3rd last set, 1/3rd this set, and the final 1/3rd the next set.

Helioptile and Espurr, along with their evolutions are neat decks. I wonder if Zygarde will appear in this set, or the fossils. I see those as the last "big deal" Pokemon of Gen VI.

Maybe it could be like Dark Explorers: Heliolisk deck to be Electric/Fire(a combination not seen since the HGSS Typhlosion Deck) and the Meowstick to be Psychic/Fire(the last of that combination was Emerging Powers' Scolipede Deck). With those combinations it should be a good change from the huge amount of Electric/Water, Grass/Psychic and Fire/Water decks we saw all along BW Series. :p

In the deck or set I don't care I need clawitzer but it won't happen being a fire based set :(

I have hope for these two. One thing that X and Y has done is given us some playable stage 1s with some fantastic abilities and attacks. I wonder what Meowstic's "influence" attack does.

I love Meowstic Female's design. Needless to say, I'm actually looking forward to buying the theme deck for the art. Just wish the top where the flames are was subdued a bit. It sticks out like a sore thumb and just looks... Lame.

BTW!
I don't know if this is the right Topic for this, but where do you guys keep the coins that come along with let's say, Theme Decks or Blister Packs etc..
Because if I just lay 'em in the open like that, they get really dusty..

Back