Five Zygarde Formes, Including Zygarde Perfect Forme, Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

Mitja

veteran smartass
The basic form is a cell-like organism.. all bigger organisms are made of many cells. What more do people need? It's not that confusing of a concept, or is it?

I mean, this is the most legit reason for a pokemon with very drastically different forms that I can think of. Cells combining into curious designs with different ones at different stages, it's like the obvious thing to do. The mythological references are the part that no one expects people to notice without and digging and they are simply what make the specific choices of "creatures" less random, but the concept itself? I just assumed everyone would get thst, considering that they even flat out call the blobs Cell and Core Zygarde...

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Wait...so Greninja transforms when "the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit," and yet Pikachu doesn't-?

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Maybe Pikachus, as a species, can't spawn stupid-looking masks tho show their loyalty to a trainer. Relax, folks. Greninja is just more stylin'.

Huderon of Canossa

Deranged Tinkerer
The basic form is a cell-like organism.. all bigger organisms are made of many cells. What more do people need? It's not that confusing of a concept, or is it?

You know, you got me there. I focused too much on the last three forms I didn't even stop to consider the two blobs before them! That makes a lot of sense.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Greninja always seems to get the most love out of the fully evolved Kalos starters. It appeared in Smash Bros. and now this. It's almost like TPCi want us to forget about poor Chesnaught and Delphox (although Chesnaught is getting a special card in the new TCG set).

Greninja has the sleeker, cooler design and a lot of people are drawn to his design. In the games; he's fast and hits hard, while both Delphox and Chesnaught are slow, but big-swingers. That kind of battling style fits the Super Smash Bros. to an almost T to be honest.

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja has the sleeker, cooler design and a lot of people are drawn to his design. I

I am a water pokemon user . But I don't like the design of Greninja at all . One big thing that make me feel Greninja is disgusting is .... the tongue scarf . I can't accept tongue scarf . The design of Greninja never grow on me . I can't accept it . :eek::confused:

soccertornado

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone see Ash,s sceptile look closely between Ash and Greninja i sall it in a youtube video so i think he,s getting mega Sceptile

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Anyone see Ash,s sceptile look closely between Ash and Greninja i sall it in a youtube video so i think he,s getting mega Sceptile

Maybe, but we see no sort of Mega Ring or any sort of Mega Evolution key item for Ash. It makes sense though, considering: A) Ash has no Grass-type and B) He already has a Sceptile.

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I'm crossing my fingers that Complete Zygarde gets a new Ability to get his STAB moves around Xerneas and Yveltal's immunities to each of his STAB moves.

In my opinion, 10% Zygarde looks like a mix between Beast Boy, Upgrade, and Doge all in one bundle.

Other than that, I love what I'm seeing from this month's CoroCoro.

Mitja

veteran smartass
I'm crossing my fingers that Complete Zygarde gets a new Ability to get his STAB moves around Xerneas and Yveltal's immunities to each of his STAB moves.

In my opinion, 10% Zygarde looks like a mix between Beast Boy, Upgrade, and Doge all in one bundle.

Other than that, I love what I'm seeing from this month's CoroCoro.

It's current sig moves are all Ground, which hits Xerneas neutral and one of them having the specific effect of hitting airborne Pokemon.. seems like they've already thought about this in XY.

Although....I just realized something. Zygardes main type is Dragon (with Ground being secondary to fit the underground-surface-sky contrast of the trio), yet its sig move is Ground. Yveltal is Dark, yet Oblivion Wing is Flying. And while Xerneas' sig move at least is it's main type, Fairy, it alos happens to be a boosting move rather than a damaging one.

It would be really cool if all three of them got new forms (instead of just Zygarde), and each a new signature move of their primary type along with it.

TheWicky

It's current sig moves are all Ground, which hits Xerneas neutral and one of them having the specific effect of hitting airborne Pokemon.. seems like they've already thought about this in XY.

Although....I just realized something. Zygardes main type is Dragon (with Ground being secondary to fit the underground-surface-sky contrast of the trio), yet its sig move is Ground. Yveltal is Dark, yet Oblivion Wing is Flying. And while Xerneas' sig move at least is it's main type, Fairy, it alos happens to be a boosting move rather than a damaging one.

It would be really cool if all three of them got new forms (instead of just Zygarde), and each a new signature move of their primary type along with it.
I think Making Oblivion Wing a Flying-type move was primarily a balance choice, for a few reasons
1. for the crazy kids that want to take on Xerneas without running into its resistance to Dark-type moves right off the bat
2. Yveltal's Dark Aura(this also applies to Xerneas, who, being a single-type, would have to have a sig move of that type. They didn't want to make it a damaging move to keep him from getting a free +1 boost to the attack damage thanks to Fairy Aura.)

It also keeps that stratosphere relation that Yveltal has to make it a Flying move instead of a Dark move. Plus, the Tao trio's sig moves were all based on their secondary types for similar purposes, so it isn't really that strange of an occurrence.

About Zygarde's signature moves, I'm curious how we get access to Thousand Waves/Arrows. Would they only be available with Perfect Zygarde/ZyGod? or does ZyDog get one and the other is for ZyGod? I get the feeling it'll be like Kyurem, where Land's Wrath gets replaced by one or the other when you're in the right form.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Well Xerneas doesn't have a secondary type so that kind of breaks the pattern. I think Mega Xerneas should be Fairy/Grass though.

About Zygarde's signature moves, I'm curious how we get access to Thousand Waves/Arrows. Would they only be available with Perfect Zygarde/ZyGod? or does ZyDog get one and the other is for ZyGod? I get the feeling it'll be like Kyurem, where Land's Wrath gets replaced by one or the other when you're in the right form.

Well Thousand Waves/Arrows does seem to follow what they did with Kyurem. But as far as how it would work, that's hard to say. I doubt that the moves are allocated to different forms, I doubt they'd want you to switch to a weaker form to use a particular move. And the name Zygarde Complete seems to imply that it's the ultimate Zygarde form and therefore a second Complete form wouldn't make much sense. So more than likely there's going to be some way to put one of those moves on Zygarde Complete.

TheWicky

Well Thousand Waves/Arrows does seem to follow what they did with Kyurem. But as far as how it would work, that's hard to say. I doubt that the moves are allocated to different forms, I doubt they'd want you to switch to a weaker form to use a particular move. And the name Zygarde Complete seems to imply that it's the ultimate Zygarde form and therefore a second Complete form wouldn't make much sense. So more than likely there's going to be some way to put one of those moves on Zygarde Complete.
They never said ZyDog was "weaker", that's only a perception based on it's presently known status as a "less complete" Zygarde. We know that's it's supposed to be speedy, but they haven't explicitly said/shown anything about its stats. I have faith that they have plans for it beyond being a visual device to explain how Zygarde works (and I know this has been the generation that's all visuals with very niche aspects, if any at all, to further differentiate a specie's various forms), so it makes sense to me that it's entirely possible it could retain one of Zygarde's sigs.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
They never said ZyDog was "weaker", that's only a perception based on it's presently known status as a "less complete" Zygarde. We know that's it's supposed to be speedy, but they haven't explicitly said/shown anything about its stats. I have faith that they have plans for it beyond being a visual device to explain how Zygarde works (and I know this has been the generation that's all visuals with very niche aspects, if any at all, to further differentiate a specie's various forms), so it makes sense to me that it's entirely possible it could retain one of Zygarde's sigs.

Well we do know that the more complete the form, the more Cells it has (that's what the percentages mean), so that does imply that the higher percentage forms will be stronger. And even if we didn't know that, it's just common sense that a more complete form would be stronger.

TheWicky

Well we do know that the more complete the form, the more Cells it has (that's what the percentages mean), so that does imply that the higher percentage forms will be stronger. And even if we didn't know that, it's just common sense that a more complete form would be stronger.
Yeah, but the BST probably isn't going to be that drastically different as we go up in Zygarde's formes. They've indicated that ZyGod will have a power boost similar to a Mega, so if ZyGod gets +100 BST, ZyDog might have a -100 BST compared to Zygarde. ZyDog might just be a hyper-specialized Pokemon with a moderate BST, like Breloom, that'll have its own tools to be competitively viable. And one of those tools may be one of the Thousands techniques.

It's within the realm of possibility, is all I'm saying.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Yeah, but the BST probably isn't going to be that drastically different as we go up in Zygarde's formes. They've indicated that ZyGod will have a power boost similar to a Mega, so if ZyGod gets +100 BST, ZyDog might have a -100 BST compared to Zygarde. ZyDog might just be a hyper-specialized Pokemon with a moderate BST, like Breloom, that'll have its own tools to be competitively viable. And one of those tools may be one of the Thousands techniques.

It's within the realm of possibility, is all I'm saying.

I can see Zygarde-Dog being competitively viable on its own; being something fast and hitting relatively hard, but in turn having shallow defenses making it a glass cannon so to speak.

Zygarde-Dog will probably have moderate-to-high Attack and Special Attack with good Speed. But have low HP and Defense stats.

What comes to mind for me is Mega Beedrill for ZyDog, except not being a Mega; so you'd be free to attach any item you'd like to ZyDog.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If you look at Zygarde noe doesn't he look like Cell from Dragon Ball Z? I don't see much of a difference with the similarities except Zygarde can't suck life like Cell can. Other than that these formes are sure weird. What are the gen 7 games called? Anyone know yet? Thanks XD.:)

yammark

Aspiring Trainer
Other than that these formes are sure weird. What are the gen 7 games called? Anyone know yet? Thanks XD.:)

Zygarde will be the main mascot for Pokemon Z in 2016 (which is XY sequel and it is gen 6) . As the name of Gen 7 , i have no idea . All I can say is ... There is no gen 7 until 2017 .

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Ok so there is not a Pokemon X2 or Y2? What happened to those games? Why only Pokemon Z and how did they discover the other 4 forms?:)