Five Zygarde Formes, Including Zygarde Perfect Forme, Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
With this in mind, the fact that Zygarde is literally the Pokemon embodiment of Ragnarok makes it the most metal pokemon ever."

This. I kinda said it in the last post, but only thought of the right term after coincidentally watching the avengers movie... It feels weird they made Zygarde the order pokémon when it pretty much looks like the representation of freakin' Ragnarok...

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Couldn't one say the same thing about the Ice type being a second Water type in that manner?

I'll defend the position that each type is and always was intended to represent something unique and distinct. Otherwise, why even bother including them?
If they were combined a lot at initially, that doesn't mean that it's because they're practically indistinguishable, as Grass/Poison and Water/Ice are at least as numerous from the beginning. The fact that there were "exceptions" that were pure types of a type from these combinations also doesn't fit that (Ground has Sandslash and Marowak, jsut as Grass had Tangela, while neither Rock or Ice had any pure types originally), neither do the same types being used for making different combinations (Rock&Water, Grass&Psychic etc...).

So they were thinking straight IMO. (and let's not bring fossils into this, as they're a whole separate philosophical issue worth discussing and we're already far off-the topic..)

A good example might be comparing the two generic 3-stage Rock types that are basically counterparts: the Geodude-line and the Roggenrola-line.
The first has an extra Ground type, while the other one is pure Rock.
One of the differences between them is that Geodude is much more muddy/dirty, while Roggenrola is a clean dry mineral-based-creature with sharp edges.
The first thing I think about when I consider Zygarde's typing is the Earth-attributed Golden Center Dragon from Chinese astrology, who is the perfectly neutral being. The Center Dragon is the fifth element. It represents the changes of seasons and the neutrality of earth as the other elements confront and balance each other. If you consider that to be a possible origin, it kind of makes sense.

If not, you could say that Zygod, aka Zygarde's Perfect forme, who we assume is based on Hel, is like the germanic counterpart to Hades. I read a manga novel once that told a story about a handful of the Greek Gods and how they are the powers that be, and yet are affected emotionally and spiritually by a series of metaphysical cold-equations, the true "powers that be". In a conversation between Apollo and Hades, it's discussed how the world was divided up into three equal parts between the three brothers, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. While it's normally a belief that Hades is merely the ruler of the underworld, Hades in this universe is omniscient about all living things on the planet, and their times of death. While Zeus rules the sky and Poseidon rules the sea, Hades is the true ruler of Earth for his connection to all of its inhabitants, a kind of parallel to Zygarde's ability to monitor the ecosystem. His appearance also consistently goes through slight changes (the horns/antlers on his head constantly shift size, shape and position), which is taken to be an artistic representation about the constant changes the lithosphere goes through between tectonic plates shifting, plants overgrowing each other, sediment compacting into new layers as new eras begin and end, etc.

Zygarde, as a Ground type, represents a common genetic trait shared throughout the world; the cellular structure of a carbon-based life form. As for it being a Dragon type on top of that...to me, Dragon is the element of lore and mysticism. The distinguished Dragons in the Pokemon world possess a kind of mystical power that defies more natural, tangible elements and their typical type matchups (having a fairly square number of weaknesses, resistances, and SE matchups).

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
I really don't know why people is getting mad about Zygarde's Ground type.

And I like the dog form, even the perfect form, but I'm sure I'll like them more when I will see their game models, their movements and all. Even some mega evolution official artworks look a little bit goofy, but the models and their animations are awesome as always.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Dog form is super cute, but I'm weary of yet another legendary Pokémon with multiple forms, even though we all knew it was going to happen. I'll just have to keep an eye out to see what else we get with Pokémon Z.

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
Zygarde Core and Cell were confirmed to have no moves and not even be considered pokemon.

Ash Greninja is not mega greninja, but once every hundred years a greninja that bonds with their trainer may begin to look like them.

And Zygarde Perfect will be known as Zygarde Complete.

I'm kinda really disappointed about that since the last thing we need is another cosplay pikachu with a ridiculous backstory, and a cute blob that looks extremely cool to actually become nonexistent and unusable in any way or fashion.

Source: Serebii

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Only ZyCell has no moves, they didn't say anything about ZyCore's battle aptitude. So, one is probably a key item and the other may actually take up space in your party. With (at least some) access to Zygarde's movepool.

And about Ash's Greninja, it wasn't specified that the other Pokemon from hundreds of years ago was a Greninja. I think it's a reference to other media where ninjas wear a common article of clothing that signifies the country they hail from, or the lord they work for. Typically on their forehead, for protection. A forehead protector, if you will.

inb4 Delphox is the jinchuriki.

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
cool, let's hope they annouunce the next game(s) soon. I bet that before the big event of the next game zycell can be found in every route.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja’s appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash’s attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

*Cough... AZ's Floette... *Cough...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I definitely see a Zygarde Cell Scavenger Hunt in Z or XY/YZ or whatever they do for the 3rd game. I wonder if they'll glitter like mega stones since you apparently can't battle them or anything.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja’s appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash’s attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

I just caught onto that too... Flowers... Maybe this is what the cryptic hint was on to...

Zygarde

Z-Dawg

This may actually end up being legit!

Man, I hope we get Zygarde core early game to do the scavenger hunt thing. By the way, isn't it weird how they mention that you have to obtain Zygarde cells all over the region but don't say on which game this is? Like, they don't even say that it is on a new game. I could be ravaging my Y version trying to gather cells right now.

And the artwork of Zygarde complete unfortunately doesn't make me like it any more than the Coro Coro scans :/ Guess I'll stop at 50%.

Green778

I just caught onto that too... Flowers... Maybe this is what the cryptic hint was on to...

Hmm... It's a possibility. With Zygarde being the protector of the ecosystem => flowers = peace = no pollution = beauty. These are all connected.

Green778

This may actually end up being legit!

Man, I hope we get Zygarde core early game to do the scavenger hunt thing. By the way, isn't it weird how they mention that you have to obtain Zygarde cells all over the region but don't say on which game this is? Like, they don't even say that it is on a new game. I could be ravaging my Y version trying to gather cells right now.

And the artwork of Zygarde complete unfortunately doesn't make me like it any more than the Coro Coro scans :/ Guess I'll stop at 50%.

Yes, the "Cell-Hunt" is pretty obvious. Probably in the Z'version we'll first see Zygarde the saviour giant cliche. Saving the ecosystem with the price of being turn into pieces. And like BW2 you have to get all the pieces (post=game) together and make one Zygarde for yourself! It's a do-it-yourself pokemon! xD

Plus, meh... the forms aren't that "wow". The dog is just silly (no hard feelings, just personal opinion). I would definitely have it as a different pokemon rather than a "form". Seriously "NO more forms!" Yikes... I see the chances of Z having the next 60 pokemon (which were cut from XY) fading second by second.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

That makes a whole lot of sense; it makes me wonder how they'll get the Ash Greninja forme change to occur in the anime.

Green778

That makes a whole lot of sense; it makes me wonder how they'll get the Ash Greninja forme change to occur in the anime.

I'm pretty sure it will be like: Team Rocket does something and Ash's Greninja stops them. Or since he'll appear in the Arc IV of Mega Evolution. Ash's Greninja will evolve to save the day (again). What's more interesting it IF this mechanic will be included in the games... We'll just have to patiently wait and see...

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
Why does 10% have no eyes?

Are they trying to give 10 year olds nightmares! Seriously, what happened to it's pupils?

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
Yes, the "Cell-Hunt" is pretty obvious. Probably in the Z'version we'll first see Zygarde the saviour giant cliche. Saving the ecosystem with the price of being turn into pieces. And like BW2 you have to get all the pieces (post=game) together and make one Zygarde for yourself! It's a do-it-yourself pokemon! xD

Plus, meh... the forms aren't that "wow". The dog is just silly (no hard feelings, just personal opinion). I would definitely have it as a different pokemon rather than a "form". Seriously "NO more forms!" Yikes... I see the chances of Z having the next 60 pokemon (which were cut from XY) fading second by second.

Not offended :p
I really wish we could hunt for Zygarde pieces since the beginning instead of post game. This is the perfect opportunity to give people access to early Legendary Pokémon without it being OP.

Can we please finally get a Zygarde Card Forme now?

Here you go!

Why does 10% have no eyes?

Are they trying to give 10 year olds nightmares! Seriously, what happened to it's pupils?

It has the same kind of 'eyes' as regular Zygarde, empty hexagons. I think that's to symbolize it doesn't have a conscience of its own, being instead controlled by Zygarde Core.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit.
It's almost as if Ash didn't have Pikachu for 15+ years.