Five to Ten Things You Want Out of Pokémon Sun & Moon

I don't think I've ever got attached to any of the characters in my Pokemon games. I don't know whether that's normal but they're just never fleshed out enough (or realistically enough) for me to buy the story. I'd love to get emotionally invested in Sun and Moon and then have the rug pulled out from underneath me at the end. I like an intense story!

I agree with this. I'm always quite surprised when people talk about their favourite gym leader/champion/elite four member, or even when they manage to remember more than a couple. To me the lot of them hardly qualifies as characters.

Pokemon could do really better in that category, maybe the solution would be a few side games that focus more on a dramatic/in depth story and characters while still keeping the same mechanics?

I know its utopian, but I wouldn't mind seeing a game set during a time of warfare, or medieval times or playing a secret agent or something.

As long as I have been playing Pokemon (started with gen 4), I have always really liked the stories of the Pokemon games, and the inherent potential that came with them. While they captivated me as a child, now that I've gotten older, I have seen the stories as a bit less than what I would now expect from the games. My first, and biggest hope, is that they greatly expand the story of Sun and Moon, making the plot more complex and detailed than those that have come before it. I want deeper characters, richer background info. for the region, the legendaries, the characters, and their motivations. If I could give an one example of what I mean, it would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky. I absolutely LOVE that game, with all of its richness of story. The characters and the interactions between them are full of emotion and worth giving you attention to, such as Grovyle, Celebi, Dusknoir, Lapras, Dialga, the guild members, even the main character! (Compared to the protagonist of the core Pokemon games, the PMD protagonist is light-years better... because they have a personality and a history!) The main enemy (Dialga) is convincing in his role, bringing the stakes higher, as well as the tension. You have reason to care for the story, is my main point. I want the plot and characters of Sun and Moon to be just as fleshed-out and convincing as the story of PMD, and hopefully GF pulls through.

Another thing I hope GF includes in Sun and Moon is the return of the character customization!! I also really loved this function, giving me the ability to distinguish my trainer/character from the many other players out there, making him his own person. When they took that out from ORAS, I was a bit disappointed, but it was quickly snuffed out with the opportunity to play the one Pokemon generation I had not been able to go through yet. Case in point, I want this to be brought back, and if it is, then they should make the amount of clothing and accessories more expansive.

I have been saying this for a looooong while, and I will continue until it finally happens... but please, make a Dark-type gym!!!!! Dark-type is one of my top three favorite Pokemon types, and for some reason, it has not gotten the privilege of getting its own gym and gym leader yet (seriously, is there a valid reason for this? if there is, can someone tell me, it would be much appreciated.) On the topic of gyms, I want them to really shake up things, like utilize certain environment or battle-based themes instead of simple type-based gyms.

Couple of things I personally want in the games are:
-More than one save files
-Make the game play more difficult
-Dark gym leader
- Poison legend
-Let us continue with the character customization
-Roaming pokemon like back in Heart gold/ Soul silver
- Maybe a new rarity of pokemon beside shiny

What I don't want is:
-Depending on HM moves (seriously am getting tired of carrying around an HM slave)

Free Roam: You can't give us something as epic as that and take it away from us next gen. If not this, change Fly into this.
Lead Pokémon follows you: Again, they gave us this awesome idea, and took it away from us...
Unique Gym Themes: B2/W2 had things right where each Gym had its own unique spin on the standard Gym theme.
Delta Episode-esque post-game story: Don't really need to explain this one.
DexNav: It's fun trying to get rare things with it.
PWT: Amazing concept.
Pokestar: I like getting free items, especially when they're broken as all hell early-game.

1. Pokemon following you.
2. A lot of Post-game.
3. More difficult
4. Chandelure Mega
5. A cool Evil Team.

1 decent story in game like black and white
2 good pokemon selection
3 good starters so I will use mine:/
4 dark type gym leader
5 lots of secrets
6 good events in game like celebi
7 good trainer designs
8 Looker!
9 tram to another region
10 skates
This is my first post in months and I will not abandon this forum again.

1. The Battle Frontier.
2. La Zone de Combat, aka Die Kampfzone.
3. A post game area in which I can participate in challenging competitive battles using creative rulesets.
4. The return of the Battle Frontier, as was so cruelly teased by saying it was "under construction" in ORAS. Masuda said the Battle Frontier would not return to ORAS because in the age of smartphones people don't have time to spend on training and challenging the Frontier, and get bored easily. He basically said the audience was too niche because now people have tiny attention spans; and only those with longer attention spans would enjoy it. (reference) [Side note: I think this says a lot about where the series is headed, and is counter to a lot of the wonderful ideas proposed in this thread. RIP, thanks again to modernity for ruining the things I love].
5. Training an apprentice to multi battle with in the Battle Frontier; and battling with and against people you "mixed records" with.
6. The return of hilarious pre-set all-caps phrases before and after trainer battles, of course only in the context of battles in the Battle Frontier.
7. The super cool badges and trainer card from the Battle Frontier.
8. The Battle Frontier being a hub of activity like in Emerald; with lots of amazing move tutors and even things for non-battlers like massages, Sudowoodo Artisan's Cave, etc.
9. Did I mention the Battle Frontier?
10. I JUST REALLY REALLY LOVED THE BATTLE FRONTIER OKAY

1. Retain Pokemon-Amie and Wonder Trade from the 6th generation games.
2. Get the ability to ride on Pokemon like a horse - not just fly on them.
3. Have a Dark-type Gym Leader. Finally.
4. Have Pokemon follow you - and make it optional if you want.
5. More character customization. Dress up your Pokemon too!

1.) An answer as to why ghost girls have shown up for no reason in ORAS/XY
2.) An answer to the strange Souvenir
3.) Another Dream World, BW's DW was an interesting concept that I think was gotten rid of too early.
4.) This new region to be joined with Kalos, why? Because Nintendo left a lot of things half finished in XY, it would be simply too disappointing and sloppy for Nintendo/GF to ignore these things.
5.) A better post game than XY, do I need to go here?
6.) Have contests like ORAS, because contests are cool and if you play with real people demand actual skill.

This is my top 5 list for what I would like to see in Sun and Moon:

1. Character customization.

Now this made the game feel more personalized. I understand why it wasn't in ORAS because that was a remake and had a set character. However in Pokemon X and Y the character customization was a great feature that was added. It made me stick around in Lumiose City to do stuff so I could get into that darn boutique to buy expensive clothes.

2. A continuation of the story from XY + ORAS.
Now I have my reasons. However the plots that intertwined XY and ORAS haven't been finished and seems incomplete. Sun and Moon could have the grand finale of this story and we see Lysandre, AZ, and Zinnia all coming back to the finale of the XY story. It makes sense and is likely this will happen.

3. Return to Kalos.
Yes this needs to happen. You can't finish a generation when you only have 1 game where you go to that region. Come on. This is why everyone thought Z was next. Kalos hasn't had its full time to shine quite yet and since Sun and Moon is expected to be like Gold and Silver this makes sense why they would do this.

4. A good post game.
By this I mean something besides that dumb Battle Maison. The Delta episode took a step in the right direction but didn't really fulfill the post game meaning. Post games are like going to another region, the battle frontier, etc. Please Gamefreak BRING THE BATTLE FRONTIER BACK.

5. Difficulty settings and the old exp. share back.
Yes. We need difficulty settings as a compromise for the new players for an easier mode and the veterans can get more of a challenge. This means players of all ages and experience levels would be able to enjoy the game at their own difficulty and pace. Another thing that could be in the mode is that the newer players or easy mode users get the exp. share like they did from Alexa in XY. However harder mode users or veterans can have the held item exp. share back. Yes this may be hard for Pokemon to produce but this game has been in development for 6 YEARS. They shoulda had time to do something like this from 2010-2016.

Oh! I just thought of some stuff that really would be beneficial to all! And this is considering the more challenge hungry and competitive meta players as well as the kids hooked up to their smartphones that GF aims for today (since they get GF the most money over there).

Difficulty Options
So, in Black 2 and White 2 we saw Key Link give us all access to Easy and Challenge modes. I feel GameFreak should reincorporate this concept, but rather than make it an unlock post-game, make it from the beginning. Maybe they could even be re-named as Casual, Pro, and Master.
Casual would have the AI easier on the player, levels lower, and give the EXP Share earlier on. Pro could be the difficulty we saw in the DS generations and giving the players the EXP Share somewhere towards the middle to late in the story. Master difficulty could increase AI skill, increase levels, possibly even give story trainers viable sets for their pokemon, which could include items on all or just their signature. The EXP Share in this save could be unlocked post-story, making the game a true challenge once more.

Mini Games and Post Game Content
Ugh, who the heck even likes these stupid mini games and post game things? Yeah, I know how you guys think. All 2 of you hating the stuff like Contests and Battle Frontiers. I'm sure most of us can agree that these were fun additions to add to the games, little things you could do in between gym battles or party breeding. I happen to believe more of these should be added in. Just, hopefully more like some kind of Battle Sim with special additional features (such as Inverse, No Abilities, Sky, etc) and something interactive (perhaps a quick time event Pokemon Musical or Gen IV Contest?) As for Post Game, the obvious answer would be a Battle Frontier or PWT. I strongly disagree with this answer, though. Now, before you prepare your pitchforks and torches, I'm talking about optional mini arcs (like longer Delta Episodes, perhaps each revolving around a Legendary or important character) and a location to act as a spiritual successor to the Frontier. Imagine a story that reveals some of Cynthia's history or leads you to find Magearna, or perhaps a Frontier with a building full of Gym-like puzzles or interesting challenge themes.

More Viable Pokemon
I feel that MANY pokemon deserve some buffs and debuffs. I want to see more pokemon go from NU to at least BL2 or UU, make it so there's more variety again and less copy and pasting of the same team with occasionally one or two pokemon changes. Now, I don't mean make every pokemon super strong, I'm just saying make more of them have better stats and a bit more diversity with the movepools. Perhaps even change some abilities.

Trainer Customization... ENHANCED!
Many many many many MANY RPGs nowadays have character customization to some extent other than names, and Pokemon X and Y took advantage of that. As expected, this very much pleased many fans and allowed them to go into the world as themselves rather than a stranger with their name. This could be improved upon in Sun and Moon where they could add more alternate textures to the clothing models and make more options (so one shirt model could be used to make 12 different kinds of shirts), or perhaps even add colorable textures by filling the colorable area with white then allowing players to select the color for that area when purchasing. This would also work very well with more options for the clothing, such as sandals, sleeveless shirts, hoodies, straw hats, and more.

Anyway, this is all I could currently think of so... Yeah. : P

Flygon should get a mega evolution because Garchomp did and it didn't seem fair for Flygon.
Also Milotic, Crobat, Chandelure, and Zoroark.

Pokemon should be able to follow you like in Heartgold and Soulsilver. That would be really cool to see again in Sun and Moon

Back