Five to Ten Things You Want Out of Pokémon Sun & Moon

1. The biggest change I want to see is more stat-boosting items for NFE Pokemon. Maybe something along the lines of an Eviolite for attacks (though it'd probably have to be a smaller increase than 50%, to avoid brokenness). Or some other added benefit to cancelling a Pokemon's evolution and using it beyond its typical evolve level.

2. I'd like for trainer customization to return with even more appearance options.

3. I want some alternate way to boost EVs because the Super Training soccer minigame has become dreadfully boring to me. Maybe Type-specific minigames, if anything at all.

4. No more IVs. I know this would cause an uproar, but I've always thought it'd make things less... frustrating.

5. Mega Solrock / Lunatone. It just has to happen at this point.

6. If the games don't take place in Kalos, at least have Kalos accessible in the post-game.

7. A platypus Pokemon. Why don't we have one yet?

For the first one, how about a speed counterpart to Eviolite? That way Pokémon that loose speed upon evolution, will still be viable.

I agree that ST is kind of boring after a while. I think the minigame should change depending on stat, not types.

I agree with mega Solrock/Lunaton. Weren't they seen in the war too?

I also want an Echidna Pokémon.

Though I still love this franchise, its fandom and all Pokemon creatures, I'm getting really burned out by the gameplay. Some of my wants are quite close to ones already posted om this thread and others are actually kinda radical, because I can't stand how stale main series games have become.
1. Make the game both non-linear and plot heavy. I don't care how hard that would be, GF, just do it.

2. Keep all legendaries out of the main plot. Give them their own backstories, myths and everything, but make them hidden and very hard to find. Also, stop making the main character be "the chosen hero". Even if the plot revolves around saving the world at some point, I want to feel that that hapenned because of my actions and choices, not because I was fated to.

3. Make the 2 versions actually different. FE Fates has made it right, learn from them. Specifically, make the 2 games be set on the same region and having the same characters, but each one's story starts on a different place with a different main character.

4. Since I want the two versions to be different, I also want them to be targeted at different audiences. Make one of them the usual aimed at kids game, and make the other for the older, hardcore fans. GF needs to start acknowledging we exist. They're making a big fuss about the 20th anniversary thing but don't give anything to those of us who've been there since the beginning.

5. Make the villains actually frightening. Make it so they can actually kill my Pokemon in battle. Of course, that would only happen on the version targeted for older audiences.

6. Make the AI good. It is possible. I want my opponent's to actually switch out of moves. I want an algoritm watching my every step and making sure to adapt to my battle style and try its best to make me miserable.

7. Bird Grass starter, turtle Fire starter and pseudo Dragon Water starter that gains Dragon typing upon Mega evolving. The bird one would complete the trio of Torchic and Piplup, the turtle would do the same for Turtwig and Squirtle and the Dragonish Water mon would complete a trio with Charmander and Treecko.

Sorry if I sound so bitter. It is because Pokemon is simply just a great part of my life and I'm tired of investing so much on this franchise and getting back so little (or rather so much of the same)

Might as well add my own speculation and wishes for Sun and Moon:

1. More customization, please. Don't just tease us with X & Y and then take us back to the past with single male and female lead. Sure, many Pokemon players are kids, but there are lots of us adults here who want to individualize our player identities.

2. A Dark Gym! A Dark Gym. A Dark Gym. Did I mention, a Dark Gym? LOL. Come on, Game Freak, it's long overdue. I can give you lots of ideas. I'm a Dark fan and always play a Dark persona.

3. More complex storyline and major post game stuff. X & Y was way too short and not much post game. I loved it, but wanted longer play time.

4. More new Pokemon. I'm not one that is so against wild and crazy Pokemon ideas. I don't mind the snowcones, dangling keys or chandeliers. If they're done right and creatively, I love them as much as any of the others. Oh, and yes, I would love to see a dolphin Pokmon. Pure Water.

5. More custom Poke balls. I'd love to see some of those Poke balls back at the Poke ball shop at Lumiose.

I know I have more, but can't think of them right now. I am so, so thrilled to be getting a new main game! Thank you Nintendo and Game Freak!

5. More custom Poke balls. I'd love to see some of those Poke balls back at the Poke ball shop at Lumiose.

May I add to this the request to be able to switch a pokemon's pokeball? I'd like to be able to make each pokeball appropriate to the pokemon it houses.

In my dreams...!

1. Make Sun and Moon noticeably different OR give us the option in-game to make choices that affect the final outcome of the story/plot

Either one of these would be amazing. If they wanted to work on getting customers excited enough to buy both copies of the game, then make them different enough to warrant two purchases. I've never bought both copies of a generation but I would if the alternative offered me something that the other version didn't.
Similarly a flexible story-line would be really fun. Allow players to make choices or follow paths that change the game's outcome. For example, following a path of good or evil, strength or knowledge etc. That would make re-playing the game a lot more interesting and enjoyable.

2. A new twist to the plot

For me, the worst part of playing a new Pokemon game is the sinking feeling of knowing you're going to be travelling through a story you've travelled through many times before. Team Flare, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, Team Aqua/Magma... I don't care if they've got different names and different costumes, they're all essentially the same villains. Evil head honcho recruits gang of power-hungry lackeys who want to steal/hurt Pokemon and/or take over the universe. Something different, please, for my sanity if not for anything else.

3. Evolutions for older generation Pokemon
Farfetch'd and Chatot especially. Please. Thanks. :D

4. More customisation, especially for the male character
I always play as a girl in my first play-through but sometimes when I restart my game I like to pick the boy character so I can experience something a little different. I loved the customisation feature in Gen 6 but I was really disappointed by the lack of clothing choices the male character was given. It didn't seem fair at all. He needs more love!

5. A longer, more rewarding post-game adventure
This is generally when I get bored. I've completed the main story and any extra mini sequences that follow, I've wondered around aimlessly catching Pokemon I'd missed and half-heartedly battle in whatever complex is available in that generation and then... I'm done. The ability to travel to a previous region, or a new mini-region, would be really cool. I adore playing the Pokemon games but for someone who isn't really into competitive battling or endless trading, I always feel like my interest dwindles too fast. I'd even consider downloading new "chapters" to play from the e-store if they were priced reasonably/enjoyable and rewarding to play.

I also agree with a lot of what others here have said - more love for ice types especially!

Oh, there's a ton I want from Sun and Moon/Generation 7.

1: Give us a good story, and characters with actual personality. X and Y were massive disappointments in the story and character department. Most characters had one trait(I'm looking at you Tierno...), and had no impact on anything at all. They were just filler, except Lysandre, who had some character, but he still felt kinda empty. Much like the story. Basically, give us a story that's like Black and White again. It doesn't have to be as good, but make the adventure feel more lively.

2: Give us better villainous team. This sort of relates to the first thing I want out of the new generation. I don't even want to explain XY's screwed-up child of Team Rocket and Team Galactic with all the life taken out of it. Just give us something with IMPACT TO THE STORY, please. :D

3: Actual evolutions to older Pokemon. Sure, Mega Evolutions can be kept around, I don't care. Just give us actual evolutions to some older Pokemon. I fear Megas would take away any potential from older Pokemon who need it, due to most megas making good or popular Pokemon better, or even Broken.(Kangaskhan, Fanservices X and Y, and Ol' Ray.)

4: Get rid of that Generation 6 EXP share. The old kind was a mix of balance, and helpfulness. I'd like it back.

5: A greater challenge would be nice. I'd even settle for Challenge mode settings like BW2.

6: Pokemon who follow you would be nice. It doesn't have to happen for the games to be amazing, but It'd be nice.

7: Less fanservice. X and Y was so obvious with the fanservice...Can we have less, please? It would contribute to it feeling like a new game. :D

8:An expansive postgame. Platinum and BW2 style. Make the reward for beating the game feel like something well-deserved. Not just one useless sidequest(AHEM XY LOOKER).

9, and possibly the most important: a region that feels alive.
Ah, the old days of 2011. Black and White had so much to see, so much to do, and it just felt alive. It felt immersive. I want to see Game Freak give it their all in this one. Make the region have little secrets here and there. Remember Black and White's route 1? the flowing petals and whatnot? Or the sandstorm in the Desert Resort? What about the crowds and lines in Castelia City? How about those people you can talk to to add something to the area's music? I'd like some more of that. Make the adventure feel like an adventure, like the days of Sinnoh and Unova.

Basically, where X and Y was(In my opinion), a huge leap back from Gen V, I want Sun and Moon to be a huge leap forward.

Last edited:
1) Character customisation
2) Contests
3) Enhancements to the contests
4) Secret bases
5) A larger national dex (unless it's a dual-region game to allow for expanding Zygarde's lore)
6) A proper return to cross generational evolutions and pre-evolutions, less megas, more actual pokes
7) A female villainous team leader
8) A dark type gym
9) Less predictable gym/elite 4 types - mix it up a bit
10) Dynamic seasons and time-based encounters

As I was playing Y the other day, I finally took on the Looker Missions (yeah, years after the release... :p; finished them on X soon after I beat the E4), I realized that I wanted a return of that "Grand Old Man". It was sad when he left, so it would make me happy if he DID return!

May I add to this the request to be able to switch a pokemon's pokeball? I'd like to be able to make each pokeball appropriate to the pokemon it houses.
Yeah but you could switch a legendary out of a Master Ball and get a free Master Ball

Anyways
1) Character Customization
2)Pokemon that follow you (We already have the sprites from psmd)
3)Harder difficulty
4)Naming your rivals :3
5)Most people want a mean rival like in rby but maybe one mean rival and one nice rival? Just saying...

Going to cause un uproar with this first one, but I don't care!

1. Don't go back to black and white 1's story style. Going to be honest, I HATED BW1's story, mostly because you run into them nearly every single freakin' town. After the first few times, I was like "Alright, Ghetsis, I know you're evil, you don't have to show up and cram it down my throat now, just let me play the silly game. I'm not here to listen to you say the same thing I've been hearing out of you since Accumula Town, just go away!", and Ghetsis wanting World Domination was no surprise at all, and fell flat with me. His betraying of N was probably the highlight of the story, and it was only that to me because he'd finally shut up. In my honest, and very controversial opinion, BW1 had an awful story and I don't see why people revere to it. Team Plasma was way too obvious while trying to be subtle. It's like someone trying to tell you about the surprise party they're planning for their parents by yelling in your ear with their parents in the same room. The only reason it's NOT the worst story is because of Hugh and his stupid Cat!

/end rant

That's not to say I don't want an interesting story, though. I want something unique and deep, but anything but BW1. Make the evil team subtle. Have them pretend to be your friend. Give the player a chance to form emotional bonds to the main villain. Have the players feel remorse for stopping their plans, but also satisfaction. Make them help you get further on your journey to crush you where you stand later. Involve the Gym Leaders and elite 4 in some way, like Adventures. Make them more than just roadblocks. Make the characters in this game matter.

I also wouldn't mind an N. N is the only part of BW1's story that was well-thought out.

2. Make the games more difficult, or at least one of them. The last challenging battle I've had was Elesa, and the only extremely difficult battles I've had were Whitney and her Miltank and Cynthia [no surprise there.]. If not, include an option that goes beyond "Higher levels and decent items." Give us the option to turn up the AI.

3. Give the Elite 4 Weather-themed teams. This one seems fairly self-explanatory.

Those are my big 3. I'll add more if I think of them.

1) Please keep Pokemon Amie. I will be very sad if that is removed.
2) Bring back the in game clock maybe? Like what was available in Diamond and Pearl. This was helpful.
3) Have customization available again again.
4) Dark type Gym Leader
5) Evolutions of older Pokemon that aren't megas.
6)A Cockatoo pokemon. :D/ or just something parrot like other than Chatot.
7)Mega Mightyena and Mega Flygon would be nice.
8) Bring back seasons

I can't think of much else though.

These are mine, in reverse order of importance:
  1. More diverse story between the two versions so they appear less cash-grabby.
  2. Either reduce the sentience of Pokémon or admit they're primarily digital. How can you possibly say Pokémon are your friends if you keep them locked up all day in a ball, or worse--in a PC? If they are just digital and don't have true autonomy or feelings, though, it'd make the whole situation a lot less awkward.
  3. More realistic world. This appears to be the case given the screenshots we have already. I just hated the weird amount of road infrastructure in the past two games. Why are there so many cars in Lumiose but only footpaths in or out?
  4. Better story, or less of a story. The Delta Episode of ORAS was so long and dull. I don't really care that much about story, though, so I'd rather have it diminished instead of bettered.
  5. More stat increases for older Pokemon (like the extra 10 base stat points some were given in Gen 6). Maybe some stat decreases for more powerful Pokemon.
  6. More statistically average Pokemon; fewer behemoth overpowered Pokemon. Stop the power creep.
  7. More unique typings. Normal/Ghost would be neat-o.
  8. Fewer Mega evolutions in favor of normal evolutions for older Pokémon. I'd rather they removed megas altogether, but that's not happening. I'd also settle for a mega evolution of an NFE Pokemon, or for a normal evolution for a Pokemon like Mawile that already has a mega. My main problem with megas is that they prevent weak Pokemon from ever getting a normal evolution, so if something like this were to happen, it'd at least open up the possibility for Pokemon like Sableye, Absol, Sharpedo (first three I could think of; not saying they all need an evolution) to get a normal evolution.
  9. At least 100 new Pokemon, not counting Mega Evolutions.
  10. Removal of IVs. They're super annoying. Digimon Cyber Sleuth had the right idea.

1. A big reigion
2. less mega evolution and more regular evolutions
3. more character customization options for male players
4. A huge after game
5. A good balance of legendarise (Don't make them ridiculously easy to find like oras did)
6. A new engine
7. New 3DS exclusive features (for those of us with n3ds systems (^: )

Am I the only one that thought of the potential of the Mega-Lati@s Soar technique? If we could fly like an airplane and even land (maybe even a new type of Sky Battle), that would be amazing. And the hard-to-get-to places can be made to be out of reach, like in a thick forest, or underground. Which brings a new idea to the table, in Gen 5 they had a bit of Underground stuff, they could definitely build on that idea. And speaking of building, Secret Bases Gyms with more room or more personalizable, but I like the idea of building things, it doesn't matter what. Well, I was just going to make a quick comment, but the ideas just kept coming...Oh no, Pokemon Amie and minigames and ....

1. The chance to visit older regions, Johto/Kanto style, perhaps with a story which spans across both regions.
2. A set of 70-100 new Pokemon, again like Gold and Silver, quality over quantity.
3. Perhaps a VERY BIG reward for completing the Pokedex, I can't even imagine what this might be, perhaps it could even be a hidden Pokemon? But just something to make finishing the Pokedex more exciting.
4. Less legendaries. As much as I love seeing a whole range of new creatures, I don't think we know enough about Xerneas, Zygarde etc to warrant a boat-load more legendary Pokemon... Because of Magearna etc this obviously isn't going to happen... but I would've loved just two more Legends - one for Sun, one for Moon, explored in real depth.
5. More interesting evolution methods, such as the one with Inkay, I just think these subtle little ideas add a whole new layer to the game. Doesn't have to be anything major, but maybe things like a Pokemon that only evolves if it knocks out all 5 horde Pokemon in one go etc.

Am I the only one that thought of the potential of the Mega-Lati@s Soar technique?

I totally forgot about Soar. I hope this comes back in some way. It was so nice to not have to carry around something with Fly. Hopefully if they bring it back they'll reduce how long that stupid cutscene is. It's so annoying to see it every time I want to soar.

7. New 3DS exclusive features (for those of us with n3ds systems (^: )

I have a new 3DS, so I think it'd be nice to have something exclusive to it, but it'd have to be something kinda small so people without the systems don't get mad. Maybe they could introduce a fast-forward feature for battles. The increased processing power could hopefully handle it, and it'd make long battles go faster. Basically, I want a faster experience in Pokemon. Skipping cutscenes, fast-forwarding battles--I want it all!

Let me count the wants:

-Return of customization, adding cosplay features such as hats with ears, scarfs that resemble certain Pokemon like Sylveon, etc. Maybe have mythicals/random event Pokemon unlock new outfits or pieces of clothing. Maybe add jewelry too, for both genders.

-Return of PWT or a new Battle Frontier. If neither, I at least want to see some non Kalos/Hoenn characters make cameos so I can see them in full 3D glory.

-Mega Flygon and Milotic of course, but maybe have some Kalos Pokemon have Megas, like the starters and Meowstic.

-While on the subject of Megas, maybe add less. OR/AS went slightly overboard with the new Megas imo.

-Please keep Pokemon-Amie. That is the most adorable thing ever in any Pokemon game. And maybe have a wider range of sounds and vocalizations for the Pokemon.

-Make it more difficult. Seriously. Kalos was horribly easy. Not to mention OR/AS taking all hints of challenge out of the original R/S.

-Keeping Wonder Trade, but banning certain common mons from being traded (like Bunnelby, Zigzagoon, Magikarp, etc.)

-Fixing the GTS somehow so it's less broken (maybe only have legendaries be requested for another legendary, idk.)

Last edited:
That's not to say I don't want an interesting story, though. I want something unique and deep, but anything but BW1. Make the evil team subtle. Have them pretend to be your friend. Give the player a chance to form emotional bonds to the main villain. Have the players feel remorse for stopping their plans, but also satisfaction. Make them help you get further on your journey to crush you where you stand later. Involve the Gym Leaders and elite 4 in some way, like Adventures. Make them more than just roadblocks. Make the characters in this game matter.

That's a great idea - your rival is also the villain. That would be a very refreshing and interesting plot if it was done right!

I don't think I've ever got attached to any of the characters in my Pokemon games. I don't know whether that's normal but they're just never fleshed out enough (or realistically enough) for me to buy the story. I'd love to get emotionally invested in Sun and Moon and then have the rug pulled out from underneath me at the end. I like an intense story!

Back