First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

flariados

Aspiring Trainer
  • Lapras - searches Melony. that's it. very bland after that. you just let your opponent take a free prize card. 2-3
  • Gengar - I wish that Gastly UNB wasn't rotated. 3-4 Geodudes
Lapras: Searches for Melony
Opponent: Plays Marnie

It's a shame that the Lapras doesn't have the search effect as an ability like Mermaid Call Lapras.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
  • Lapras - searches Melony. that's it. very bland after that. you just let your opponent take a free prize card. 2-3
  • Gengar - I wish that Gastly UNB wasn't rotated. 3-4 Geodudes
Actually, Lapras might be better than you realize! If Melony is going to become meta like Welder (though perhaps not quite as powerful), Lapras could be a really great early game Pokémon. Use White Call on the first turn, search your deck for two Melony, then scoop up net! Worse case scenario Lapras gets knocked out and you have a W Energy already in the discard pile to be accelerated by Melony without having to play any other cards to get that Energy discarded in the first place. Besides, Welder decks use Cramorant V for early game consistency (as well as sniping I suppose) all the time, and Lapras is only worth one prize if knocked out and you have the ability to use scoop up net on it, as I previously mentioned, even if it has less HP and as such is far easier to knock out.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Lapras: Searches for Melony
Opponent: Plays Marnie

It's a shame that the Lapras doesn't have the search effect as an ability like Mermaid Call Lapras.
Yes, the risk of Marnie is great, but the fact remains that Marnie is still a risk in any instance where you are holding onto a key card you can’t use yet. I don’t deny that you have a point, but if we stopped using consistency cards because of Marnie, we might as well stop play the Pokémon TCG entirely.
Still, Marnie IS a serious problem for this card, even if that problem is a mutual one shared by basically every consistency card in the format, some to a greater extent than others.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
If Lapras’s first attack was an ability it might’ve been decent. Too bad it sucks

Gengar is literally a worse version of Sableye V (an already mediocre card) in every way. Stage 2, 3 energy attack (note that we’re losing Triple Acceleration Energy on rotation) when Sableye’s is only 2. Sableye does it better with less investment. Bad card

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Man, the artwork on that Gengar is fantastic. That’s one of my favorite holos in recent memory. It feels... Classic, in a way. Probably because like @The Fish pointed out, it’s the old Dark Gengar artist, which is a classic card in itself.

But, uh! I mean, forget the fact that the art is fantastic, it’s a Kanto Pokémon-a popular one at that!! So it’s automatically bad. We can never print anything Gen 1 anymore. And don’t forget, Charizard bad. Popular Pokémon in general, bad. There, am I winning Pokebeach now??

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
There, am I winning Pokebeach now??

Probably, I mean, you checked all the boxes: being edgy about Kanto, and ignoring why companies do certains things based on market demand and target audience. Sounds about right to me. Next time just make sure to be more hysterical and whiny about it to really drive the point home. Also, rinse & reapeat every chance you get, no matter what.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Nobody's gonna talk about Gengar licking a staircase? lol

Ya know, I asked that to a friend just now when I showed them the picture, their response was "because I spilled Coke down the stairs" XD

Joking aside, that Gengar card's not too bad.

RHowford

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Probably, I mean, you checked all the boxes: being edgy about Kanto, and ignoring why companies do certains things based on market demand and target audience. Sounds about right to me. Next time just make sure to be more hysterical and whiny about it to really drive the point home. Also, rinse & reapeat every chance you get, no matter what.
So we should all blindly accept 100 charizards per set, got it.

mrpnut03

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Agreed. We're STILL getting random kanto mons constant taking up set space every set. Do we really f**king need the 26th gengar card as opposed to, I dunno....Ledian? Magnezone? Kyurem? Roserade? Primarina? Typjlosion? Sceptile?
I’d love a Sceptile

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, Lapras might be better than you realize! If Melony is going to become meta like Welder (though perhaps not quite as powerful), Lapras could be a really great early game Pokémon. Use White Call on the first turn, search your deck for two Melony, then scoop up net! Worst-case scenario Lapras gets knocked out and you have a W Energy already in the discard pile to be accelerated by Melony without having to play any other cards to get that Energy discarded in the first place. Besides, Welder decks use Cramorant V for early game consistency (as well as sniping I suppose) all the time, and Lapras is only worth one prize if knocked out and you have the ability to use scoop up net on it, as I previously mentioned, even if it has less HP and as such is far easier to knock out.
if you want an early game setter, use Krickitune. Set it up in the active, thin some cards in your hand, use the ability, retreat, and attack or brick a turn. We still have Pokegear 3.0, which used for searching supporters. welder decks are using this before, why not on a deck that plays Melony? But I agree on your part at least

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Gengar could be a pretty decent rouge deck, get out your first gengar with rare candy and then string the rest of them by searching out rare candy and triple acceleration, welder, etc. with maybe a 3-3-2 obstagoon line and some nets, it could work. You don't NEED to get out your obstagoon early, you just need to get some early pings in with zigzagoon and nets and an attack with gengar and the rest of your gengars will be doing decent damage. You will only really need obstagoon when dealing with your opponent's second or third threat.

All in all, I will be trying to make Gengar work.

This is outstanding. Rule box nonsense will mess with you obvs, but if you ever want to have some fun without any, lmk and I'd love to play!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Zarude - finally, some little decency over here. Good single-prize atkr in some Grass Decks or decks playing Cherrim. Since Cherrim works non-Rule Box Pokemon, why not give it a try? 5 Geodudes. Well 4? I think I'll stick to 5. It does the flat dmg done by Volcanion and Cresselia. Don't expect this as a pre-release promo, because that place goes to Cinderace with Crisis Power ability, which for now we haven't see it yet.
  • Heatproof Gloves - only Victini and Centiskorch are the decent Fire Decks post-rotation and can cope up with the loss of Welder. This card is useless against non-R decks. 3 Geodudes
Finally, we get cards that are not too bland

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Gengar could be a pretty decent rouge deck, get out your first gengar with rare candy and then string the rest of them by searching out rare candy and triple acceleration, welder, etc. with maybe a 3-3-2 obstagoon line and some nets, it could work. You don't NEED to get out your obstagoon early, you just need to get some early pings in with zigzagoon and nets and an attack with gengar and the rest of your gengars will be doing decent damage. You will only really need obstagoon when dealing with your opponent's second or third threat.

All in all, I will be trying to make Gengar work.
Good luck for that because that deck sounds impossible and impractical to turn 1 it.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Zarude would be more broken if instead of putting the Grass Pokèmon in your hand it puts them on the bench

The Fish

0.o
  • Zarude - finally, some little decency over here. Good single-prize atkr in some Grass Decks or decks playing Cherrim. Since Cherrim works non-Rule Box Pokemon, why not give it a try? 5 Geodudes. Well 4? I think I'll stick to 5. It does the flat dmg done by Volcanion and Cresselia. Don't expect this as a pre-release promo, because that place goes to Cinderace with Crisis Power ability, which for now we haven't see it yet.
  • Heatproof Gloves - only Victini and Centiskorch are the decent Fire Decks post-rotation and can cope up with the loss of Welder. This card is useless against non-R decks. 3 Geodudes
Finally, we get cards that are not too bland
Crisis Power Cinderace? :eek:o_O what secrets do you speak of?