First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

That full art Celebi is amazing.

Wish they would go full throttle and do a standard set of full arts. From common to hyper rare, *everything* is a full art.

Oh my goodness I'm going to have to get my hands on that Celebi (the alt. art). It's so beautiful!

Let’s see... there are eight VMAX’s, 15 V’s, and 26 Full Art V’s (which I’m guessing includes VMAX’s.). We have Dracozolt VMAX (which is likely going to get dropped), Blaziken VMAX, and Galarian Slowking VMAX revealed so far in the last Japanese Pokémon TCG set. We know that we’ll be getting both Calyrex riders as VMAX’s, as well as Tornadus VMAX, based off of card reveals. And we have been told that we have a Sandaconda VMAX and Metagross VMAX on the way.
That gives me several questions. First, if each V gets a standard Full Art and each VMAX gets a Rainbow Rare Full Art, that leaves room for only three Alt Arts... three out of the five revealed. And that is without considering the possibility of Alt. Art Calyrex V(MAX)‘s. Second, are we really only going to get a single Gigantamax form? If Celebi gets a VMAX then the answer is yes, but we don’t know for certain if Celebi IS going to get a VMAX. That also leaves the question of the remaining Gigantamax forms. We are still twelve short of the complete set... and out of that twelve five more have been confirmed. I thought we were going to go through Gigantamax Pokémon at a rate of four a set and complete the collection by the end of the year, in time to move on... but with VMAX Climax on the horizon, who knows what the fate of VMAX’s could be?

Kecleon: Not a bad start to the 6th Sword and Shield set, though I do sincerely hope we get an Abra and a Kadabra card soon, now that Uri Geller has officially lifted the ban.

And not just any Kadabra, but one with a super good ability that will become meta to celebrate its comeback : )

Kecleon actually may have a practical use as tech in Rapid Strike Builds of Welder. Welder + Rapid Strike energy is a turn one attack and becoming fire type means that it beats Deci so it helps tech against that deck.

There are 5 Full Art V’s, 5 Alt Art Vs/VMAXs, and 2 Rainbow Rare VMAXs, excluding all Dracozolt V’s, in Matchless Fighter alone, which, if those are all included in the Full Art V category in the Chilling Reign description, means that the Matchless Fighter Full Art Vs will take up over half the total number of promised Full Art Vs. But if those AREN’T included, then why so many extra Full Art Vs, and where do the Rainbow Rares and Alt Arts fit in?

Kecleon actually may have a practical use as tech in Rapid Strike Builds of Welder. Welder + Rapid Strike energy is a turn one attack and becoming fire type means that it beats Deci so it helps tech against that deck.
That’s one idea. Melony could also help for W Energy acceleration in later game. Jirachi Amazing Rare would be the best form of acceleration overalll. Metal Saucer could help for Metal. There are so many possibilities.

As much as I agree with the notion of giving V/Max cards to mons that need love, I am absolutely stoked that we're getting a Metagross V line. I love me some metal crabs.

More than any other mon, the Galar mons are the ones that deserve their V-Max. Now that Sandaconda and Gengar are guaranteed to get their V-Max, what we are missing is

Machamp, Kingler, Garbodor and Melmetal are missing both their V and a V-Max version

Hatterene and Duraludon are the only Galar mon missing their V-Max - unless you count Appletun, but the V-Max is visually the same as Flapple sooo...

Still, I'm real happy that we're missing very little formes. I foresee it's possible we get all of them in time for Legends: Arceus and the DPP remakes to drop, opening room for the Dynamaxes or gimmick in said games.

• Lapras - searches Melony. that's it. very bland after that. you just let your opponent take a free prize card. 2-3
  • Gengar - I wish that Gastly UNB wasn't rotated. 3-4 Geodudes

Boooo, means Zeraora won't get a VMAX :(

I'd definitely guess at this point that Metagross VMAX will be Rapid Strike.

Love that Gengar. Pokemon Company are knocking it out of the park at the moment, some of the art deisgns are simply amazing, so many good cards. I just so wish the products were easier to get hold of for collectors.

Aya Kusube illustrated Dark Gengar way back in the Neo Destiny set. Now she's back with another Gengar!

Gengar could be a pretty decent rouge deck, get out your first gengar with rare candy and then string the rest of them by searching out rare candy and triple acceleration, welder, etc. with maybe a 3-3-2 obstagoon line and some nets, it could work. You don't NEED to get out your obstagoon early, you just need to get some early pings in with zigzagoon and nets and an attack with gengar and the rest of your gengars will be doing decent damage. You will only really need obstagoon when dealing with your opponent's second or third threat.

All in all, I will be trying to make Gengar work.

Hmmm...I think nowadays, 150 HP should be the minimum for Stage 2's, considering how hard they are to use, unless maybe they have an absolutely insane attack or ability. But that Gengar is still somewhat interesting.

Hmmm...I think nowadays, 150 HP should be the minimum for Stage 2's, considering how hard they are to use, unless maybe they have an absolutely insane attack or ability. But that Gengar is still somewhat interesting.
Gengars Tend to have less HP than most stage 2s, Gengar from SSH base had 110, gengar and mimikyu had 240.

Back