First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 5, 2021.

1. kingK4RP Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
    kingK4RP

Well well well, looks like a solid 1-prize combo. I’m thinking about pairing these two with Galarian Moltres V, there seems to be good synergy there. EXP Share also makes it better. Before rotation, this is definitely going with Morgan at some point...

JaxuTCG likes this.

2. Sombres Aspiring Trainer
    Sombres

Sceptile from Great Encounters would like a word

The Fish likes this.
  3. srsrox Aspiring Trainer
    srsrox

Works well with greninja tag team. Should be fun.

4. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

Translation is missing that Koffing poisons the opponent's Active Pokemon.
    Not sure if this would affect Rhyperior's card rating (probably doesn't)

But nobody cares because nobody would play this Koffing anyways lol

5. ryuninja Aspiring Trainer
    ryuninja

Y'all are sleeping on Slowking. Get multiple of them on bench and the average value of each is 30 heal per turn. Imagine that in Lucmetal.

6. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Rather just play indeedee v tbh

7. Sombres Aspiring Trainer
    Sombres

Yeah, there's this entire year left worth of stuff at least. 2022 might be more focused on Sinnoh, but we'll probably still get Galarian forms there.

Diego Lima and AshCo like this.
  8. MagnaDrake Aspiring Trainer
    MagnaDrake

Then suddenly you have a terribly unlucky day and your Lucmetal is inside knockout range. I'd rather not take the chance.

We should eventually get a V for all of them at this rate. Worst case scenario is we're gonna have one left out, like A. Dugtrio was.

9. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

Yeah I love the off beat picks like Kricketune, as we'll as how it's actually playable. One thing I will mention (I think someone pointed this out a while ago), is that I don't really see Obstagoon getting a VMAX at all, let alone a V card. In the games Piers doesn't Gigantamax his Obstagoon and that's kind of his whole thing, so it would make sense for Obstagoon to never get a VMAX card. Also keep in mind Obstagoon has already had a Booster pack artwork to himself (Champion's path), and that was for a card that was just a holo rare. All his cards so far have been pretty damn playable, more playable than some Vs. I could be completely wrong and they could release a special Obstagoon V for a family box or something, so this is purely speculative.

10. JustInBasil Grass-Type Gym Leader
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

11. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

Liepard is kinda a dark type version of Shaymin EX with its attack

12. MultX Aspiring Trainer
    MultX

Maybe could work as a searchable tool removal in standard Eternatus builds

13. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

It's been a while since we've had a holo Tauros. EX Crystal Guardians was the last one I think. Hats off to nagimiso for that beast of a card

14. Platinum Espresso Falinks Fanatic
    Platinum Espresso

Are there any other outrage-type attacks with 20 damage per counter on a pokemon that bulky for a basic 1-prizer? It seems pretty strong, especially with Houndoom acceleration to apply damage counters, a power boost, and energy all in one go, as well as cape, DCE, and PCE working in it's favour. Could be an interesting rogue deck, at least, possibly replacing spiritomb entirely post rotation, or even pre rotation with it's power ceiling being more than high enough to OHKO VMaxes caped.

15. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

This kinda making me hyped that either Sandaconda VMAX, Metagross VMAX, or Volcanion V has an attack similar to M Gardevoir-EX STS or Cofagrigus LOT.

16. Platinum Espresso Falinks Fanatic
    Platinum Espresso

For comparison, Spiritomb UBB's damage cap is 160 without cape, 310 with, and the benefit of a free damage counter every turn. Tauros's cap is 240 without cape, 340 with, plus Single Stike Energy and Powerful Colourless Energy bringing it higher, and each Houndoom can immediately add effectively 60 damage directly a turn, no Jynx or other supports necessary. It could be a real threat! Oh, and I nearly forgot about Abomasnow!!

17. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Liepard V - when I first saw this card, I thought that this searches Items... it wasn't. At least it discarded tools that your opponent needs to win the game, or discarding your tools that may misattached or you don't need on that specific situation. The atk is fine. 4
    • Tauros - It seems fine. Doesn't hit for weakness though. It don't matter for a SS like Tauros. 3-4

18. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

Not everything is designed to be playable in competitive play. I recommend reading the MtG article "When Cards Go Bad". It explains from a developer perspective why not everything can be good or even fundamentally has to be good.

19. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

Just jumping in to say that most of the contents of this article are untrue, or at least heavily twisted. The main motivation for printing 90% chaff each set is money. Around 2-3 years ago Pokemon was doing leagues better than Magic in making more cards somewhat playable.

Diego Lima likes this.
  20. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

Do you have proof that they're untrue?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 7 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?