First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Nos

Aspiring Trainer
Finally!!! A chase Liepard card! After all the special treatment TPCi was giving Bisharp (did anyone seriously ask for a shiny Bisharp in Steam Siege???) we got a *good* Gen V Pokémon for once.

The Fish

0.o
Besides, There is literally better choices for Dark type or even 2-stage evolution lines in Gen 5 to be Vs. Like I said, Bisharp has NEVER gotten any good card. Actually he's literally more worthy of getting a V considering not only are his cards always crap, but said cards never deserve to be. Dude literally has 125 attack. Like....that's wonderful. That's genuinely better than most Vs have. Liepard has 88 attack. So instead of getting a Darkness Bisharp V that could do a lot of damage, we get a liepard that does 110 damage and has a genuinely useless ability.
How can I not have an issue with that?
The comments have established that the ability is playable in Eternatus. I understand you prefer Bisharp to Liepard, I do too. But the games are separate to the cards. Yes Bisharp is OP in the games. But Liepard isn't. So giving the cat the spotlight for once is good. Liepard can outperform Bisharp in the cards for once. A Liepard fan in the crowd will finally be happy. Bisharp will have his time as an ultra rare. Wait it out if you can. I also want an alt art Kecleon VMAX. That isn't happening anytime soon, despite Kecleon being as good a candidate as Bisharp. You can't have everything immediately, or the drive to get what you don't have will vanish.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
You three; get in my Team Rocket collection!

Ok, this comment maybe made sense when it was in a thread about Koffings and Weezings...

Last edited:

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Liepard V is such a roller coaster of a card, it's hilarious. My initial reaction was why Liepard V if we have Tool Scrapper, but then I realized a searchable Tool Scrapper has its use cases. If it wasn't a V Pokemon I would have been more excited, but I guess they don't want any Scoop-up Net shenanigans happening.

This Tauros is a Single Strike card. Ramp it up twice with SSE and Houndoom and it hits for 140, if I got the math right. One-shots the anti-V Decidueye. Neat.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Seeing comments talking about the potential or lack thereof for new cards: Ah, yeah. I can see that.

Seeing the other comments lately:
tenor.gif

Falling Skies

The Traveler
The ignore button improves your quality of life tremendously. Block the troll and move on rather than feeding him.

As for these cards, they're both neat. Liepard's cool but outside of Eternatus there really isn't decks that want to give up a bench space for it yet, and come rotation there isn't that many great tools. Tauros seems like it has potential, either just paired with stuff like Houndoom and Abomasnow or Donphan VIV to put damage counters on it. It's nice when a single-prizer actually has some effort put into it, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. The new Cemetery helps it out, as well.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
The ignore button improves your quality of life tremendously. Block the troll and move on rather than feeding him.

As for these cards, they're both neat. Liepard's cool but outside of Eternatus there really isn't decks that want to give up a bench space for it yet, and come rotation there isn't that many great tools. Tauros seems like it has potential, either just paired with stuff like Houndoom and Abomasnow or Donphan VIV to put damage counters on it. It's nice when a single-prizer actually has some effort put into it, and I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. The new Cemetery helps it out, as well.

Does it actually work as to extinguish him from existence as far as I'm concerned? Is it like on Facebook? Will it be like he doesn't exist? I thought it would only like, not show notifications from new comments on threads if it was him making the comment or something to that effect.

EDIT: omg, he's gone, reduced to atoms! Thank you. My goodness, what are you other people still doing engaging with this person? I would've done this sooner if I knew it was this simple to just erase all that toxicity in a couple of clicks! Back to talking about cards and engaging in productive and amazing conversations with amazing community members!

Last edited:

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
I'll totally build a fun Tauros rogue deck when CR releases, could be a baller budget deck since Houndoom, all the necessary energy, Spikemuth, Cape, Bruno, Mustard, and probably Karen are are all rotation-safe uncommons. Jury's still out on Abomasnow, RS Falinks was a rare for some reason so who knows. Hopefully there's more interesting items and supporters for Single Strike in this set, it's quite unbalanced in favour of Rapid currently.

wheatley4269

Aspiring Trainer
I literally made an account just to share my intense happiness that one of my favorite pokemon is finally getting an ultra rare I am so unbelievably happy

SenseiGreninja

Aspiring Trainer
I could see the Tauros becoming a tech card for the Urshifu SS deck or just any SS deck in general for those anti-v decks out there, as well as being a spiritomb 2.0 deck.

The Fish

0.o
Maybe a one of in eternatus?
Probably nothing more though. Unless the twin Caly sets reveal any absolutely nutty tools, Eternatus will likely be this card's only home. Tool scrapper is more efficient, despite being less searchable.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Liepard is cool. Eternatus likely has the bench space for it, and it can discard stuff like Metal Googles - in the 3 months it has remaining in format it releases -, Cape of Toughness and other problematic tools. The attack is cool too, allowing for constant re-use and even softening up a target for next turn. Can't say how viable it's gonna be in the SWSH-on format, tho. We likely need to know which tools we are getting in Chilling Reign and the September set.

Tauros always has that "rage" gimmick going on with its cards, and as far as Tauros versions go, this is possibly one of the best. Maxes out at 260 by itself, Houndoom and Single Strike Energy give it +20 damage for each copy, Powerful Colorless gives it yet another extra +20, and we have Twin Energy when it can't afford the extra attachment - though I would probably go 4-4 in a Powerful Colorless/Single Strike count. Add Cape of Toughness and it maxes out at 340 + 40 = 380. Be careful with Zigzagoon tho. Houndoom and Spikemuth place 40 damage per turn. Too bad Jynx rotates, otherwise the self-spread would be far more viable.
On the Spikemuth part, you most likely run Old Cemetery as a Stadium since its most easier than Spikemuth because you have to switch active back and forth to place the desirable dmg on Tauros and it keeps getting impractical.

RHowford

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Tauros could be very good. Has access to single strike shenanigans, powerful energy, spiritomb ingredients (spikemuth switching etc), Cape etc. Can't wait to try.

mrpnut03

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I’m really liking this Taurus. Donphan + Galarian Runerigus + Taurus sounds pretty busted to me!

fleshrum

Cephalophore
You know what? Y'all can suck my dong. I'm allowed to want what I want. I don't need to justify that to strangers.

It's hard to compare ptcg and mtg from a rarity standpoint since boosters for mtg have been (allegedly) balanced for limited play, and pokemon has no such format, instead opting for a kind of stage-based rarity model. this makes the playables uncommon or higher except when they are basics of an evo line in the deck. That article from MaRo is still nonsense though, that guy is so far up his own butt he can count his teeth.

Oh, whoops, I replied to the wrong person. How is this toad not infracted or banned by now?