First(?) Noble Victories Pack Opening Video on Youtube!

menoknow3

Aspiring Trainer
I believe I was the first to upload a Noble Victories pack opening to Youtube. Recording my 6 pack opening at my prerelease. Video can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzj44x4p544

Thought the deck I ended up assembling was one of the worst prerelease decks I ever assembled but managed to go 3-1. My loss came in the 2nd round where I NEEDED to succeed with Victini's V-Blast (2/2 heads for 120) to win as I had no other outs left but wiffed.

Also had my fiance, PenguinChick86, do a pack opening video for the 2 packs I got at the conclusion of the tournament as can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lFu4mVMT54

Is it just me or are the Pokemon names in this set the hardest ever to pronounce for a set as a whole? I'm sure I pronounced plenty wrong :p

Y'know, I almost watched one of these videos, but then realized that'd be spoiling the whole experience for me... no offence!!

Props for getting this out there so quickly. I'll watch it after tomorrow (my PR) :)

Was this made at the community center in Airoso FL? The person who shouted "POKEMON PLAYERS!" sounded alot like someone I know. :p

Why do people record box openings? Are they THAT interesting? Seems like pointless and lazy content that is neither interesting nor entertaining... Especially with the cards already online. Why do people watch these ever? Can someone explain...

Zero said:
Why do people record box openings? Are they THAT interesting? Seems like pointless and lazy content that is neither interesting nor entertaining... Especially with the cards already online. Why do people watch these ever? Can someone explain...

I know a lot of people watch such videos because they can't afford to buy packs/boxes themselves so they get their pack opening thrills/suspense from watching others open packs/boxes with no cost to themselves.

Zero said:
I watched the ones where the guy claimed to have found a way to find all the LV. X's in a Rising Rivals booster box without even the rest of the packs. I never ended up buying a box, but I thought that was pretty interesting at least.

I think I also watched one when I was getting back into the game recently and wanted to figure out how many Primes there were in an average box and couldn't find it anywhere online. It was horribly boring though.

Other than those reasons, I don't really get it either. But it's not like they get a lot of views.

Celebi23 said:
I watched the ones where the guy claimed to have found a way to find all the LV. X's in a Rising Rivals booster box without even the rest of the packs. I never ended up buying a box, but I thought that was pretty interesting at least.

I think I also watched one when I was getting back into the game recently and wanted to figure out how many Primes there were in an average box and couldn't find it anywhere online. It was horribly boring though.

Other than those reasons, I don't really get it either. But it's not like they get a lot of views.

I believe that was me when I was under the tcgbreaker handle. I do that now with everything I get for pokemon. In 1 video on my PokemonCards247 channel I went through 5 boxes of black and white in a single video...1st box I opened a little over half the box...boxes 2-5 I opened just 2 packs getting a FA in every pack.

With Triumphant I was able to pinpoint all the primes and legends.

I'm typically able to determine some sort of pattern with each set.

Ok, firstly, I only watched one of these videos b/c I read Zero's post... haha.

One lucky kid pulled two Victini, some items, and a FA N! What? I kinda felt excited for him. hahahaha

As far as watching videos is concerned, I'd just rather BE there! :headbang !!!

Interesting thoughts on the whole recorded booster openings. I always assumed anyone into the TCG would enjoy those types of videos but obviously not. Good to know I guess. Those per-release videos look so fun though, I just have to attend one in the future!

Back