First attempt at Fakes- I made a Farfetch'd. Look at it. I made a Cacturne too.

47bennyg

Hmmmm
Hi! I'm 47bennyg here with my first try at fake cards. I decided to make fake cards after sitting down one day doodling and realizing that I wasn't too horribly awful of an artist. With a little help from my younger brother I started working in Photoshop and Illustrator to make this fake card. If I'm doing ok I'll continue making cards in a mini-set. These are the cards that I would plan to include in my fake set (which needs a name).

Joltik
Galvantula
Scyther
Scizor
Cacnea
Numel
Camerupt
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Politoed
Poliwrath
Regice
Corsola
Voltorb
Electrode
Duskull
Dusclops
Dusknoir
Meditite
Medicham
Qwilfish
Regirock
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar
Nosepass
Probopass
Spiritomb
Cacturne
Registeel
Farfetch'd
Regigigas
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Lickitung
Lickilicky
Tauros
6 Random T/S/S yet to be determined.

Thanks to Latios101 for the blanks!

MOST RECENT FAKES:
cacturne_card_by_47bennyg-d4hjl4f.png
farfetch__d_fake_card_by_47bennyg-d4hf0mn.png

RE: First attempt at Fakes

For a first fake, that's wonderful! I can't comment too much about font and placement since I haven't tried to fake BW-style, but for the most part it all looks correct. The flavor text font is wrong -- it should be italicized. You could do with a new symbolsheet as well. Other than those minor issues, though, very well done for your first foray into faking!

Whoa.

If this is how good you are now, I shudder to think how epic you'll be in a month or so. Are you

I absolutely LOVE when fakers use their own artwork! >w<

It's wonderful for a first-time fake! Just be sure to take into mind what CMP said about the energy symbols (these should work fine). Also, the HP should be about 3 pixels left of the type symbol rather than touching it and the baseline should be about 4 pixels below the baseline of the Pokemon's name. The "HP" text should be bolder with a thinner width (I'm not sure what the exact font it, though I tend to use Gill Sans Ultra Bold Condensed). The text inside the info bar could probably be decreased by 1 font size. Additionally, not only does the flavour text need to be italic, but the font size should be smaller as well (about 12 or 13 pt). The set number should also be about 2 pixels lower.

I hope this helps!

Otherworldly Whirlwind is kinda broken IMO, I would reduce the damage counters to 2 on both Pokes. Nonetheless, great job, especially for a forst attempt. I dunno much of nothing about faking, but your fonts look mostly solid, so much props.

Thanks for the criticism everyone and thanks Nekoban for giving me the link to those symbols! I've made some slight modifications and I'll get to reposting that later on. What pokemon should I do next on my list?

EDIT: Thanks for that input 6D. I was wondering that myself since I'm not too big into TCG. I'll edit that too.

My next card, Politoed, is up! enjoy!

RE: First attempt at Fakes POLITOED ADDED!

Nicely done benny !

Your however missing the credit to glis or latios for the card blank :)

Whoops. Figures I used the only card that Latios forgot to include their credit at the bottom. No matter. *MISTAKE FIXED*

47bennyg said:
Whoops. Figures I used the only card that Latios forgot to include their credit at the bottom. No matter. *MISTAKE FIXED*

Sorted :D Loving the wording for Toad Tango btw lol

Bump! Updated with my first use of three dimensions, ELECTRODE!

RE: First attempt at Fakes ELECTRODE ADDED!

Nice art, bro!

Just one thing -- always remember to capitalize "Energy." Great work, benny!

RE: First attempt at Fakes ELECTRODE ADDED!

You sure this is your first time? 'Cause these are really good. However, I noticed you used the
Pokémon
ABILITY
symbol on your Politoed. There's a better one by aschefield101:
pokemon_bw__ability_icon_by_aschefield101-d3l77qv.png

RE: First attempt at Fakes Tyranitar added!

Thanks for all the comments everyone! And thank you very much Charganium for the symbol!

GREAT JOB! These are really good for your firsts, at least from what I've seen of other firsts. o_o

I'd say so far Electrode is the best card as far as looks go. I have a problem with his flavor text though.

Fix the grammar on Electrode's flavor text. It currently makes no sense.

"It is known to drift on winds if it is bloated to bursting with stored electricity".

What I would do is cut off everything after "to" and then add "discharge its stored electricity."

So in the end you're left with:

"It is known to drift on winds if it is bloated to discharge its stored electricity."

No need to credit me or anything.

- - -

As it was brought up before, Dusknoir's attack is extremely broken for only one Psychic Energy. Make it at least 3 imo.

- - -

The art is really quite astounding for being new to it. I must commend you.

Now I want to get into faking :eek:

Since I've been awfully busy lately, I haven't made any new cards. But I have made new spoilers. I made the spoilers to my (hopeful) Ultra Rare cards. I wanted to make them complicated and very tied together and I made them kinda crazy. So feel free to help me fix them!

Throne Room
Stadium Card
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
When this card is played, the owner of this card discards any Pokémon not named Regice, Regigigas, Regirock, or Registeel, and all cards attached to them. If this card is removed from play, discard all Regice, Regigigas, Regirock, and Registeel in play and all cards attached to them.

Regice
Basic Pokémon
90 HP
Ability: Regice Vice- An Energy must be attached to Regice this turn in order to attack.
[W] [C] Ice Strike- 80 This attack can’t be used unless the Stadium Card Throne Room is in play.
Retreat Cost- [C] [C] [C]

Regirock
Basic Pokémon
90 HP
Ability: Regirock Walk- Once per turn you may switch Regirock with your active Pokémon and attach one energy from your hand to Regirock
[F] [F] [C] Rock Strike- 80 This attack can’t be used unless the Stadium Card Throne is in play.

Registeel
Basic Pokemon
90 HP
Ability: Registeel Heal- Between turns, heal all Special Conditions from your pokemon.
[M] [C] Metal Strike-60 This attack can’t be used unless the Stadium Card Throne Room is in play.

Regigigas
Basic Pokémon
140 HP
Ability: King’s Grand Entrance- Regigigas cannot be played from your hand to your Bench unless the Stadium Card Throne Room, Regice, Regirock, and Registeel are in play.
[C] [C] [C] King’s Strike-70 Discard an energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.
[C] [C] [C] [C] [C] Titanic Verdict-130 Put 3 damage counters on each of your Regice, Regirock and Registeel in play.
Retreat Cost- [C] [C] [C] [C]

RE: First attempt at Fakes-Some spoilers added! Poliwag Cacnea and Voltorb too!

Two cards in two days! Phew!
poliwag_card_by_47bennyg-d46jaud.png
voltorb_by_47bennyg-d46tzb1.png

Back