• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fire Lions (Entei EX)

ehitmontop

Aspiring Trainer
When I first heard about this deck I thought, how on earth does this deck work?!
Once I knew, I thought it was a pretty cool deck and am trying it out.

4x Entei EX
3x Smeargle
2x Shaymin

4x PONT
4x Juniper
2x N
4x SSU
3x Switch
4x Junk arm
4x catcher
4x Potion
4x moomoo milk
4x Dual Ball
2x Max potion
3x eviolite

10x Fire energy

Strategy: Stall with entei using healing cards and powering up benched enteis with enteis attack, grand flame.

I don't think that 3 Smeargle and 2 Shaymin are necessary. One of each should be fine, I'd replace them with some disruption cards like Lost remover and Enhanced Hammer.

-2 Smeargle (1 is enough)
-1 Shaymin (Same reason)
3 Lost Remover (Great for disruption)

I've tested ALOT with QuadLion variants. The best way in my opinion is using eviolite with lots of switches and super scoop ups. Also, Max Potion can be useful. Entei EX is a great tank, and it's ability of retreaving energy is it's clue.
However, you're already using this kind of variant, so that's good. Only thing I would change is:
- 4 Dual Ball
+ 4 Heavy Ball
- 2 Moomoo Milk
+ 1 Switch
+ 1 Eviolite

Also, I've found that with a 2-2 Volcarona line, Entei can deal high damage with only 2 energies. Both Larvesta and Volcarona can be searched out with Heavy Ball (and so can Entei EX), so it's really not hard to get them out. It shouldn't be hard to find a place for them in your deck list. Trust me and test with it!

Back