final fantasy

I'll move this to the Video Games section. :3

*Moved*

I've actually never played a Final Fantasy game (at least I can't remember having done so), but I did watch my brother play through #12. It was awesome to watch him play. We were level grinding for quite some time, buying up all the best items, getting Espers, killing all the Marks we could, and buying up all the licenses for each character.

Unnnnfortunately, the memory card the data was on erased JUST that file (and our backup files were left unscathed, but they were way too far back from what we'd done on that file)... Nothing happened to the card at all, so there's really no explaining it. (And no one erased it, either.)

I love Final Fantasy, but most of my favorites were the older ones for the Super NES and some of the remakes for the GBA and the DS. FFIV and FFVI are my favorites, by far! They're the easiest ones I've played in the series and their storylines are a lot easier to take in than some of the later ones, but that's just my opinion; the series is good overall, though I guess FFXII: Revenant Wings for the DS didn't go over too well for some reason (I kind of enjoyed it myself, but...).

I've been playing FF since the original on the NES...to be honest, that is what really got me head-over-heels into RPG...my faves are IV and VI...they easily had the best stories and endings, without dragging along like V...or having a super weak ending like VII (which is what killed it for me, for that game)...nor having an overly broken system like VIII

I still have yet to play these though, but will get to it soon enough:

FFII
FFIII
FFIX
FFX
FFX-2
FFXI
FFXII
FFXIII

You spelt Tidus wrong. XD

Anyway, the only systems I have are handhelds. I used to be a big FF-hater, but that was before I got it to try it out (Golden Sun lover am I). #5 was my first, and favorite to date, because the job system made it feel like it wasn't a total departure from unfamiliar territory.

I own the following:
#1 Dawn of Souls (finished the game)
#2 Dawn of Souls (on and off in progress)
#3 DS (used to have, finished it, then sold it because it sucked)
#4 Advance (finished the game)
#5 Advance (finished the game)
Dissidia Final Fantasy (for the most part, finished it)

By 'finish', I mean a literal 100% of the game, not just beating the final boss. I would get #6 to play that, but I haven't been able to find it at Gamestop anywhere.

DNA said:
You spelt Tidus wrong. XD

Anyway, the only systems I have are handhelds. I used to be a big FF-hater, but that was before I got it to try it out (Golden Sun lover am I). #5 was my first, and favorite to date, because the job system made it feel like it wasn't a total departure from unfamiliar territory.

I own the following:
#1 Dawn of Souls (finished the game)
#2 Dawn of Souls (on and off in progress)
#3 DS (used to have, finished it, then sold it because it sucked)
#4 Advance (finished the game)
#5 Advance (finished the game)
Dissidia Final Fantasy (for the most part, finished it)

By 'finish', I mean a literal 100% of the game, not just beating the final boss. I would get #6 to play that, but I haven't been able to find it at Gamestop anywhere.

yea, the best way to find FFVI was to get Final Fantasy Chronicles (Crono Trigger & FFIV) and Final Fantasy Anthologies (FFV & FFVI) on the PSX/1

I'm trying to get Final Fantasy VI Advance at the moment. It's a long journey, but who knows? I may get lucky. Like I did with MMBN1.

I'm with DNA, the only Final Fantasy Games I have are for GBA/DS and one on WiiWare. My favorite FF game of all time is Final Fantasy IV having an essential three games on different platforms of it. It's one of my favorite games of all time as well.

dmaster out.

The only difference between the Advance and SNES was the addition of Lunar Ruins, but from what I have heard and seen about the DS version, it is a whole other story in itself. Not to mention, everything is harder in that game.

Nice sig. You should probably do a spoiler alert. :p

FFX was my very first final fantasy game. Absolutely LOVED IT!!! Afterwards, I got into the other FFs. The next one I played was FF7, around the time Advent Children game out and I found it... meh, at best.

Then the Playstation Network released FF8 for download, so I got that and got hooked immediately. Still have yet to beat I, II, III, IV, VI, IX and XIII... :(

DNA said:
The only difference between the Advance and SNES was the addition of Lunar Ruins, but from what I have heard and seen about the DS version, it is a whole other story in itself. Not to mention, everything is harder in that game.

I don't have the SNES version (yet). The small additions from GBA and DS normally wouldn't grant me to buy both, but I did because I absolutely love the game. I counted the WiiWare game because it's essentially the same game even though it kinda isn't.

dmaste rout.

I personally am waiting for Final Fantasy IX to come out on the PSN for download. I've heard nothing but good things about FF9 and want to one day try it for myself on my PSP.
Edit: Oh yay, it's already out on the Japanese PSN; that means the English one is soon to follow.

FFIX is considered by some to be one of the weaker games in the series, but it mostly just got flak for its art style.

And the final boss, but I won't go into that since you have yet to play it.

Thirteen is okay if you're content with not being able to customize your party until almost the end of the game.

I like Final Fantasy, my favorite out of the series would have to be 3 (6).

We don't go by the English SNES numbering system, sir. We go by the true numbering system. =D
The Final Fantasy I, II, and III released in English on SNES are actually I, IV, and VI. Go by those numbers.

The first FF game I played was FFXII and that hooked me into the FF Series. So far, I've played FF IV for the DS (The story is really unique! Plus, I love the superbosses!) and other FF spin-offs like CC: Echoes of Time and Dissidia.

I've played:
8, 9, 10, 10-2 & Crystal Cronicals....but out of those 5, I liked X/X-2 the best.
I also like Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2....if you also include those in FF.

safariblade said:
ff XII is amazing.
too bad XIII is for ps3.... :(((((
yea if it was on ps2 i would get it but you never know, my birthday is in 20 days afterall i might get lucky.
Zenith said:
VI > IX > V > IV > X > III > VII > I > II > XII > VIII

Haven't played XIII yet.

me niether

Back