FBI Arrests Two Men for Forging $2 Million of PSA Graded Pokemon and Sports Cards

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The FBI has announced charges against two Washington men accused of forging PSA graded Pokemon and sports cards, resulting in over $2 million in losses for victims across the United States. The pair have been charged with wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. If convicted, both charges carry a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.
From at least 2022 to May 2024, the FBI alleges that Anthony Curcio, 43, and Iosif Bondarchuk, 37, altered or forged PSA labels to make cards appear to have higher grades. The pair used fake identities to sell the slabs at card shops, auctions, card shows, and online marketplaces. Even after the pair were informed their slabs were fake, they continued to sell them.

pokemon_cards_webp-300x250.jpg

In July 2023, an undercover law enforcement officer purchased a fake PSA 10 Venusaur from Curcio for $10,500...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Stuff like this is always so crazy to me. Like, first of all it’s wild to make that much money off playing cards in general and it’s even crazier to me that these guys were willing keep going with their trade well after they had people catch on.
We need to stop making crime shows about unsolved murders and start making crime shows about people pulling stunts like this.

Back