Pokemon Favourite Types of Pokémon

Celever

Wheeeee~
Generally Pokémon can be classified as one of three categories: animal, object, or mythology. Some Pokémon, like Xatu, are based on two. However, most people have a favourite "genre" of Pokémon, or just find that type really interesting for the most part. So my question to you is what are your favourite "genres" of Pokémon? I'll share my thoughts later.

I prefer animal based Pokemon but the thing is I'm not sure why. Maybe because there are more animal based Pokemon in general?
Still it's not a rule and there are many object based Pokemon I love and many animal based Pokemon I like less.
Mythologic based Pokemon ?
If by that you mean Arceus Kyogre Giratina etc.. then I can say I like them less than the above. Main reason: They are usually harder to draw :[

I like ones that have surprisingly dark backstories. Things like Dragalge, Yamask, Cubone, and such. Mostly because I've always enjoyed the more darker sides of supposedly innocent things.

First of, I don't agree with that classification because some aren't none of those, just a concept, like Koofing and Grimer, which appeared as signs of pollution and from it. Magnemite is a mix of objects and a scientific concept: levitation. In this last case I say this because we don't know which came first, the idea of mixing screws and magnets and then "let's make it float", or "let's make it float" and then appeared all those objects during development.

As for the question itself...I don't know. Like SylveonsAndEspurrs, I too like Pokémon with stories behind, be it darker or not (but mostly the second because I'm still fond of the Pocket Monsters concept) but that can be created for an "object Pokémon" or for an "animal Pokémon", this last more so if there a real life story or legend behind.

As of now, Klefki made the most impact...not necessarily a negative one because it appeared with a new game and so there' a lot of feelings in there, but I don't despise it. They're all Pokémon and that's what counts. Some people prefer some more than others and the other way is also true. If I don't like it, I capture but don't train it. End of story.

I actually have a tendency to like Pokémon with human shape the better. An exception could be Latios, but still, most of the Pokémon I like have a human shape: Gallade, Gardevoir, Scizor, Lucario, Bisharp...

I think my favourite categories of pokémon are living plants, ones based on sea creatures (even if they're not water typed), and ones based on slugs, snails, and snakes. :p Part of that is just a reflection of my fondness for those particular animals in the real world, too.... but I'm actually terrified of most plants in person, so I have no idea where that fondness comes from. Maybe it's my brain's way of compensating for my phobia. :D

Quadrupeds. Pokemon with four feet are appealing to me: the Eeveelutions, canine, feline, vulpine, etc., based Pokemon. It's probably because I love cats and dogs.

Turtles (and tortoises). I've always loved turtles, so not surprisingly I have a fondness for turtle Pokemon. I chose Squirtle and Turtwig as my first starters in gen 1 and gen 4, respectively. I was so excited when they made Tirtouga and Carracosta. Torkoal isn't really a favorite of mine, but I have a certain love for it.

Ghosts. I love the other-worldliness of these Pokemon. I don't necessarily believe in ghosts, but I like to think there's something going on around us that we can't see... Trevenant is one of my favorite ghost Pokemon now. A haunted tree. I mean, it's perfect. I loved (still do) walking through wooded areas when I was a kid, and I've seen plenty of dead or dying trees that appeared as if they could be haunted. And then there's the apple throwing trees in The Wizard of Oz that I could totally see Trevenant copying.

It's difficult to say, one thing about certain pokemon I favor just have "that" charm to them which gains my interest. For example, latias, mienshao, and servine are in my top 10 favs.. however their designs and origin aren't of particular interest, they just appeal as a seperate entity of their own.

Ones I can point out though is I like pokemon with sharp tipped arms and legs like ariados, armaldo, mega beedrill, galvantula, etc.

Then there's those who I grew on just for sympathic reasons during play throughs like aegislash or maybe volcarona where they kinda grew into being my favorites... the only thing I could say I like them for is being awesome as saying I like them for being a sword or moth wouldn't necessarly be true when there are other pokemon like them that are meh to me.

It's really difficult for me to just say, "I like animals, swords, arthropods, kungfuweasles, red jet birds, walking snakes, murder moths, etc" and pick one because my favorites are all divided among those classifications.

Btw, I do like certain types of Pokémon. I like to see the grass quadrupedal "giants" like Venusaur, Torterra, Tropius and Meganium. I like the snakes (I'm perhaps not being accurate here about the classification) Arbok, Ekans, Seviper and the Serperior line (too bad Serperior has no pair of fangs to give it a vampire look) and the cats, like Meowth, Persian, Purrloin, Liepard, Skitty, Delcatty, Glameow and Purugly. I also find some funny in the Electric rodent, despite not liking most of them, only Raichu and Dedenne.

I think the fossil Pokemon are the coolest designs in the entire franchise. There's just something about their color schemes and designs that attracts me ^^
The best ones have to be Omanyte, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Cradily and Armaldo, but they're all neat

A good question...I'll have to go with animal though as most of my favorite Pokemon fall under that category.

My favorites are animal-like mixed with mythological, meaning I usually like Bug types and reptile-like Pokémon, which includes basically all Dragon-types (hence the mythological part)... I noticed that particularly with Gen V, where my favorite pokémon were the Bug-types and the Reptiles... In fact, my White team, other than my Fire-type (which was Darmanitan but then changed to Victini) were all Reptiles...

My least favorites are usually the humanoid ones, those that really look like humans, such as Jynx, Throh & Sawk or Gothitelle... but things like Lucario and Gallade are amongst my favorites...

The line between mythological and animal can be somewhat blurred, but I'd probably say mythological. I love Lucario, Ninetales, Zoroark, Delphox ... there aren't a lot of Grass-types I like, and those tend to resemble animals more than plants (Chespin line,Snivy line, Leafeon), though ... so I dunno. :)

I like Pokemon who stand on two feet best. Dunno why just always have, Pokemon like Blaziken, Gardevoir, Gallade and Lucario. They just look really neat.

I like animal and mythological. A lot of the legendaries are good examples. Suicine, Raikou, Zapdos, Palkia or Kyurem. A non legendary example is Aggron or Seismitoad

Felines. Espurr, Meowstic, Purrloin, Liepard, Skitty, Litleo etc.
I consider Entei a feline, because I really don't see how the beasts could be dogs (even though that's their most used name). I like the fire-types best :3

Back