Pokemon Favorite Pokemon Game of All Time

RE: What is your favorite Pokémon Game of All Time? Why?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky, hands down. The plot was amazing, the post game was amazing, it was fun, all in all an amazing game. So many memories ;-; Had I gotten Sky first it would've been my favorite but since I got it after Darkness, I experienced the plot in Darkness first.

Second would be Darkness of Almia or Emerald, such a difficult decision. I loved both games so much. I think I would place Emerald above Almia if I had to because after getting Regigigas in Almia, there is literally nothing to do.

Y or Platinum for third

Main series: Yellow. I loved the idea of interacting with a member of your party outside of battle, and getting all the starts.

Fan games: Liquid Crystal. It's an amazing rom hack, and the most enjoyable I've played so far. They've added so much stuff to it, and added so much of their own story, it feels like a new game.

Spin-off: I'd have to go with Colosseum and XD. Don't make me chose between the two, I like these 2 for the tidbits in the different game mechanics. Don't know why, but they were just that enjoyable to me.

Platinum. It had the best regional design, a well balanced Pokedex, plenty of extra features and replay value, and one of the best storylines in the series. There's just nothing significant that this game did wrong.

A weird tie between Ruby, HeartGold, Explorers of Time and X/Y.
All of them hold sentimental value, no matter how much everyone didn't like Hoenn.

Vulpix-core said:
A weird tie between Ruby, HeartGold, Explorers of Time and X/Y.
All of them hold sentimental value, no matter how much everyone didn't like Hoenn.

I loved the g3 game music. And as a side note, I thought g3 had some of the games that had the most reply value (RSE) because of the very long routes. Also had some of the most rememberable music IMO.

Either Emerald or HeartGold. It's a hard tie because generation 3 is my favorite Pokemon gen, but I started off in generation 2, so HeartGold really hit me over the head with the nostalgia bat. Generation 3 had by far (at least in my opinion) the best starters, and some pretty memorable features like the contests, secret bases, and Battle Frontier. HeartGold had a lot of nifty little things that made the game better and just over all pretty cool, like how you could toggle running, have your Pokemon walk with you, and that one key item (Can't remember the exact name) that would change the game music to the original music from the Gen 2.

I really loved the third generation and the Hoenn region in general. I hope there's a remake for the 3DS. For some reason I really liked Shadows of Almia too, had a different take on playing pokemon.

I will always hold the nostalgia and sentimental value of Red dearly to me since it was my first ever Pokemon game but I think the Gold and Silver games are my favorites. There were so many factors that led me to choose this one as my favorite out of all the other generations (I like them all for their own reasons, really). Firstly, I loved, loved, LOVED the music. Even in it's 8-bit sound, it still happens to be one of my favorite soundtracks in any Pokemon game. The music was "new," lively and seemed to really match what area or scenario it went with. The graphics were great too. It was one of the first times that you really got to see your favorite Pokemon in the same glory as they were in the Anime. I know Pokemon Yellow had better sprites but Gold and Silver seemed to just polish it off for me. I found the Pokegear to be one of the best tools given in any game. Being able to call the daycare to check on your Pokemon/eggs was such a time saver. It was also fantastic when Bill would call you to alert you of your box being full since back in the Gameboy/Gameboy Color days, games didn't automatically switch boxes. I think the gameplay and replay value was amazing. You got to visit the new region but also go back to see Kanto several years after Red's journey. It really made you feel nostalgic about Kanto. I also loved the backwards compatibility with R/B/Y. Being able to trade over your Pokemon from previous games allowed you to bring back your "friends" you spent hours training and bonding with. In the end, I found it to be the most innovative game and still one of the ones with the most and most fun post-game content.

RE: What is your favorite Pokémon game of all time and why?

My favorite main series games are Sapphire, Platinum, B2/W2 and X/Y.

Sapphire because of nostalgia. I may have started in Gen I but Gen III is the generation that I have the fondest memories of. The first time I played it, I was absolutely blown away by the massive improvement in the graphics and music. That and I leveled up a Pokemon to level 100 for the very first time there. And I beat the Elite 4 a good 70 times.

I adore Platinum because imo, it was a HUGE improvement from D/P. The battles were so much faster, the graphics were better and it had some of my all-time favorite music tracks from any Pokemon game, namely the Battle Factory, Giratina's theme and the Frontier Brain battle theme. It also introduced Shaymin's Sky Forme, which I am still obsessed over to this day.

I loved the change of pace of making B2/W2 actual sequels instead of 3rd versions. It was great seeing where everyone was two years after B/W. It just gives the characters and the Unova Region so much more depth. And yes, the post-game options were awesome. Memory Link = Feels.

I love X/Y because they have everything. Namely Pokemon-amie. I can't really say anything else that was already said.

As for spin-offs, my favorite is Pokemon Pinball: Ruby and Sapphire, hands down! It's just so addicting! :D

RE: What is your favorite Pokémon game of all time and why?

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Yellow, as it was my first Pokemon game. I really wish I still had it. Same goes with Gold as well, and I'd love to find my old copy of that.

For me though, X has been the best game since then. White 2 and Ruby/Sapphire were good too, but X has been so enjoyable in terms of story, characters and the Pokemon within the game.

Back