Favorite Anime/Manga

Have I already said that One Piece is without a doubt the best arrangement of picture/text filled panels this planet will ever produce? Yes? Well, I will say it again, for the sake of the truth.

One Piece is the best anime ever. At least for me.
I also watch Bleach, but don't like it as much. Sure, it's nice, but I can't stand the huge number of fillers and how annoying characters often are (I'm looking at you, stupid, boring Bounto).

I used to think One Piece was perfect in every way until I realized that it wasn't JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I don't think anything even comes close to the amount of detail put into the anime with the reference to duwang subs in the latest episode and its almost panel perfect scenes. It must be the greatest story ever told.
And if Tomokazu Sugita is voicing one of the main characters in an anime, it's going to be a good anime.

Shounen is supposed to be read, not watched. Oda basically lives in the world of One Piece. Nowadays every detail in the manga is overflowing with the unmatched love of its author. The cheaply animated anime just can't do it justice.

I have found a newfound love for Fairy Tail beacuse of Funimation's AMAZING dub.
The old dub made Erza sound like a man.

My favorite anime would have to be Baccano, although I haven't rewatched it in a while. Gurren Lagann comes in at second though, and Soul Eater for third.

I don't feel like listing stuff right now so I won't. Instead, I will say that Area no Kishi/Knight in the Area is seriously the best manga I've read in a while. The anime is also excellent, but I recommend starting off with the manga because... well, you'll realize what I'm talking about when you get to it.

If you have any interest in soccer at all, I urge you to watch Area no Kishi. It's awesome.

This thread makes me feel like I'm the only one who watches Keroro Gunso. If you overlook some really, really inappropriate episodes it's still a very good anime IMO. I have rarely watched one of those episodes without bursting into laughter.

Great Teacher Onizuka is my favourite anime of all time. Pokémon Black and White and Hamtaro are great as well. I also enjoy Golden Boy and Death Note.

side note: These are also five of the six (a lot, I know) animes I've ever watched. The other being Dragon Ball Z, which I hated.

Haha, I knew that was coming. Not my kind of thing at all. I tried watching 15 episodes or so, and I just couldn't get into it.

evascythe said:
side note: These are also five of the six (a lot, I know) animes I've ever watched. The other being Dragon Ball Z, which I hated.

BLASPHEMY

BLAAAAAASPHEEEMMMMYYYYYYYYY

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Out of curiosity, what exactly makes you hate DBZ? I haven't watched the anime in at least three years, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy, but the only thing I recall being annoyed by was the episodes wasted yelling at the other guy. The Goku/Freeza fight jumps to mind... oh boy. That was an intense staring match.

I wasted my entire evening reading the DBZ manga. (Fun fact: Vegeta says "it's over 8000" and he doesn't even yell it. In my volume at least.) Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it despite knowing exactly what happens. I got sucked in... you guys know how that works.

evascythe said:
I tried watching 15 episodes or so, and I just couldn't get into it.

Yet you can watch Death Note? I dunno man. Not hatin' on your manga/anime choices, but DBZ (and Dragon Ball) is a damn work of art.

Starboard Driger said:
evascythe said:

BLASPHEMY

BLAAAAAASPHEEEMMMMYYYYYYYYY

Sorry, I just had to get that out of my system. Out of curiosity, what exactly makes you hate DBZ? I haven't watched the anime in at least three years, so my memory may be a bit fuzzy, but the only thing I recall being annoyed by was the episodes wasted yelling at the other guy. The Goku/Freeza fight jumps to mind... oh boy. That was an intense staring match.

I wasted my entire evening reading the DBZ manga. (Fun fact: Vegeta says "it's over 8000" and he doesn't even yell it. In my volume at least.) Surprisingly, I really enjoyed it despite knowing exactly what happens. I got sucked in... you guys know how that works.

I really don't like the style of art they use for DBZ. The story line is boring. Why are they always screaming? I actually did know about your fun fact. I used to hang out with people who were into DBZ... telling me everything that went on. *yawn*

Some Loser said:
evascythe said:

Yet you can watch Death Note? I dunno man. Not hatin' on your manga/anime choices, but DBZ (and Dragon Ball) is a damn work of art.

Death Note actually has a good story line. There's really nothing to not like about it, in my opinion. It's not my favourite or anything, but it's good.

Dragon Ball Z being called boring in comparison to Death Note.

I suppose there's a first for everything.

Some Loser said:
Dragon Ball Z being called boring in comparison to Death Note.

I suppose there's a first for everything.

I'll take suspense and psychological thrillers over action any day. Over basically everything, really.

Some Loser said:
evascythe said:

Just Saiyan but I hated the Dragon Ball Z anime. Everything went on and on and on. I loved the manga though.

Anyway Code Geass and Evagalion (the first ones) for me.
Dem story lines.

I love Dragon Ball for inspiring One Piece. I also love it for the Pokémon x DBZ crossover RP I RP:d with my little brother for years when we were kids. I also love it for the GBA game The Legacy of Goku 2 as it's a big part of my childhood VG experiences. But that's about it.

Dragon Ball itself is, thanks to the ridiculously long fights and no real plot, what I could call "average" or "mediocre", but still "epic". Now that One Piece exists and gives a (MUCH) better alternative for shounen fans, I wouldn't really recommend Dragon Ball to anyone (well, if you are reading trash like Bleach, then I would rather recommend it). DB was better before the timeskip though, have to say that.

What? The anime? Let's not talk about that, please...

Bleach is not that bad, definitely not "trash".

And this is a favorite anime/manga thread, not a " I hate this anime/this manga sucks thread".

Let's talk about what we like, not what we think is "trash".

Back