Fall 2016 'Battle Heart' Tins!

To be fair though, I don't think we've had a Pikachu tin in a while (if ever?).
If anything, I would have expected to see a Gardevoir tin.

Why Pikachu? I if they wanted a Pokemon from gen 1 , they could have just used up that other Mewtwo EX promo. if not gen 1, then I don't know, SHAYMIN.

Anyways, all these Tin Promos are "new" in a way. Volcanion is the first Dual type to get a tin, Magearna is the first gen 7 Pokémon to get a tim, and Pikachu is the first NFE to get a tin (At least in a while,)

Last edited:
Thank the patron saint of TCG that Gardevoir did not get a tin.

Oddly enough, these tins feel like they're heavily promoting the movie. It's weird, since we usually get zero movie promo in the US. I mean, duh, the set promotes the movie, but you know.

When I saw the cover photo on the front page, I thought we were getting Full Arts for our tins...

I wish these promos would be new. A pure water Volcanion EX and a fairy Magearna EX. But realistically they'll just be reprints of the Steam Siege versions.

Likewise I would think Pikachu EX from the tin would be different from the Pikachu EX from the box coming out, which of course I assume is also different from the Pikachu EX in Generations where it seems to be coming from.

Why Pikachu? I if they wanted a Pokemon from gen 1 , they could have just used up that other Mewtwo EX promo. if not gen 1, then I don't know, SHAYMIN.

Anyways, all these Tin Promos are "new" in a way. Volcanion is the first Dual type to get a tin, Magearna is the first gen 7 Pokémon to get a tim, and Pikachu is the first NFE to get a tin (At least in a while,)

Just imagine, they finally give us the Shaymin tin. Everywhere is out of stock, fans wait excitedly. It arrives at your door, you rush to open it, and inside you find.. Next Destinies Shaymin-EX.

We have seen this "prevent all effects of attacks excluding damage to this pokemon" on MANY cards leading up to this point, on items, attacks, energy, and now as an ability. I get that it being just a constant ability might make this playable- but can someone list some meta threats that this Magearna is good against? I am not good at remembering what these sorts of cards will prevent inside the current meta.

Waited a decade for a Pikachu Tin :)

Hopefully its worth it cus I'll prolly buy 2

I'm glad to be getting a Volcanion promo to bring the price down. I kinda want to play a Flareon-EX / Volcanion archetype coming up and want some cheap Volcanions to play with.

Not a bad set of tins two of them have abilities and Pikachu is, well it's Pikachu it'll sell right?

We have seen this "prevent all effects of attacks excluding damage to this pokemon" on MANY cards leading up to this point, on items, attacks, energy, and now as an ability. I get that it being just a constant ability might make this playable- but can someone list some meta threats that this Magearna is good against? I am not good at remembering what these sorts of cards will prevent inside the current meta.

Trevenant Break's attack does nothing to any of your Pokemon with Metal Energy as it's placing damage counters forcing it to use it's damaging attack which Metal Pokemon resist normally.

I was wondering if that ability blocked those pokemon that place damage counters instead of doing damage. If so, then woo-hoo!!

Since Volcanion is the first Duel Type I think they could have done a little more for its attack. It seems more like a support pokemon and fe type pokemon tend to use a lot of energies for power so its support skill could mainly prove useful pre game only. Sorry If i'm sounding like a hater and all I just really like Volcanion and wish they would have made it a better card since its really cool and so is its dual typing.

What's a Raichu?

A raichu is the evolution of Pikachu! Give Pikachu a thunderstone and you will see.

why not Raichu-EX

Raichu is awesome and all but pokemon just won't drop the fact thats its the original. This is probably going to be the last expansion for this region since sun and moon release in november and this comes out in october so I think its safe to say The alola starter set will be out by for the expansion afterwards. FOr the last expansion of the region I think pokemon was basically somewhat pressured into sending out Pikachu and leaving Raichu in the shadows, plus their are a lot of Raichu haters (don't look at me I'm not one). Sorry for taking up your time with this long explanation over your minor comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
He misspoke.
He obviously meant Mega-Pikachu, which isn't released yet of course, but we all know it's going to be the Champion's last Pokemon in Sun & Moon.
It was announced when Mega evolution was first released that Pikachu wouldn't get one since it can still evolve or else it would lose the ability to mega evolve once it evolves. To make up for Pikachu being unable to evolve the release Ash-Greninja, which has lead to synchro evolution being a rumored possibility in sun and moon.

Back