Fall 2015 'Power Beyond' Tins

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Rayquaza, Latios and Hoopa? Did they draw names out of a hat to pick this 'trio'?

Pikaboy333

Aspiring Trainer
I'm calling it

The tins will have 2
Ancient origins packs
1 roaring skies pack and
1 primal clash pack

Pikachu6319

Scooby
How about our Gallade tin? Our Aggron tin? Our Manectric tin?

Where's our Charizard spirit link? Our Blastoise spirit link? Our Venusaur spirit link?

I think it's safe to say that the spirit links aren't really a calling card to our tins and that tins have nothing to do with spirit link, as also exampled by our Kalos power tins and our Unova power tins.

dollyholly

Aspiring Trainer
So wheres our Gardevoir tin? or our gengar tin?
In a trashcan at Pokemon HQ where my hopes for a Rapidash EX or a Mega Onix EX card (or just start with Onix maybe?) and countless other whines have gone unheard. I would seriously buy the EFF out of the Gardy or Gengar tin. Those homies are dope (Gengar EX FA for prime example, hrnghhh).

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
How about our Gallade tin? Our Aggron tin? Our Manectric tin?

Where's our Charizard spirit link? Our Blastoise spirit link? Our Venusaur spirit link?

I think it's safe to say that the spirit links aren't really a calling card to our tins and that tins have nothing to do with spirit link, as also exampled by our Kalos power tins and our Unova power tins.

Man, if TPCi released a Spirit Link set that just contained Spirit Links for every released Mega for like £10 they'ed make £40 from every competitive player.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
I'm calling it

The tins will have 2
Ancient origins packs
1 roaring skies pack and
1 primal clash pack

Wrong. It'll probably come with 2 Ancient Origins packs, 1 Roaring Skies pack, and 1 Power Keepers pack that has all Trainers inside upside down and backwards.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
Rayquaza, Latios and Hoopa? Did they draw names out of a hat to pick this 'trio'?

Nope, this is clearly a promotional ploy that is meticulously thought out

>Rayquayza: Should be obvious given all the other products with this guy
>Latios: other Legendary Mega, plus his mega is on Roaring Skies alongside Ray
>Hoopa: Ever hear of movie tie ins?

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Nope, this is clearly a promotional ploy that is meticulously thought out

>Rayquayza: Should be obvious given all the other products with this guy
>Latios: other Legendary Mega, plus his mega is on Roaring Skies alongside Ray
>Hoopa: Ever hear of movie tie ins?

I'm pretty sure he is just ironic and annoyed that they picked these 3 and not some more non-legendary Pokemon ^^

Anyways, I think I'll might buy this, depending on the artwork of the promos, and what boosters there'll be in the tins.

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
No, I really just thought they picked three random Pokemon. I still kind of do, really. They're not all movie tie-ins, they're not all really good meta cards, they're not all the same type or from the same region. The only tenuous link they have is being three Legendaries. That's it.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Actually, all 3 Pokémon are indeed slated to appear in the Hoopa movie coming out in July. They're among the legendaries that appear on the movie's poster, even though not all legendaries are appearing in the film. I'm guessing that is indeed meant to be the connection, tenuous though it may be.

Paulkemon

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone have any idea on the dates or a less vague expected time we'll get these tins? I mainly just want a Hoopa, unless the art sucks like the ones for the Kyogre/Groudon ones did... They were only good for budget, nothin else =/

DeathsFinalFlame

Aspiring Trainer
Rayquaza-EX is defenitely going to be the Colorless one since that's the one from Emerald Break. No doubt whatsoever. It's a decent EX on it's own since it can do 60 for 1, but you're still going to have to afford the Mega Rayquaza-EX's to make AAA use of it.

Latios-EX is a great choice since it's a pretty playable 1-of in Psychic decks to give yourself a decent chance at a T1 donk, but with Altaria DRX presumably rotating before the tins release, I'm not sure if the opportunity to build this deck off of tins is going to be all that high.

Hoopa-EX is the golden star of the tins. It's got a fantastic Ability, and since every Mega Deck in the format can make great use of this card, I think this is going to be a bestseller. Probably the most playable tin since Yveltal-EX!
the rayquaza is the dragon version the worst one out

Hey atleast we get hoopa and latios. Atleast thats somthing different. As for the rayquaza , i understand why they do it , from a business point of view , anything rayquaza sells lol
i want a ho-oh tin dammit!! All these legendary pokes in these new sets and ho-oh isn't in anything!! Gettin no love!!!
the tin has the dragon rayquaza version no one buys that one he fails and his abilty is useless for any deck they are just trying to force the use of dragon decks so they can sell more dragon type ex for the next set by the way xy8 is the new base set all those x and y base set cards will be removed from all leagues and tournaments within 5 months there gos everyones decks

Rayquaza-EX is defenitely going to be the Colorless one since that's the one from Emerald Break. No doubt whatsoever. It's a decent EX on it's own since it can do 60 for 1, but you're still going to have to afford the Mega Rayquaza-EX's to make AAA use of it.

Latios-EX is a great choice since it's a pretty playable 1-of in Psychic decks to give yourself a decent chance at a T1 donk, but with Altaria DRX presumably rotating before the tins release, I'm not sure if the opportunity to build this deck off of tins is going to be all that high.

Hoopa-EX is the golden star of the tins. It's got a fantastic Ability, and since every Mega Deck in the format can make great use of this card, I think this is going to be a bestseller. Probably the most playable tin since Yveltal-EX!
a close up pick of the rayquaza tin and latios tins

Attachments

• id=377695.jpg
    id=377695.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 5
  • scatola_da_collezione_latios_xy_break_through_gcc_pokemontimes-it.jpg
    scatola_da_collezione_latios_xy_break_through_gcc_pokemontimes-it.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I guess the ultimate tin would contain a Full Art Primal Kyorge, Full Art Mega Rayquaza, Shiny Full Art Primal Kyorge and Shiny Full Art Mega Rayquaza.

Either way I think the pull ratios on these have been higher then previous tins. I have seen at least 4 tins opened containing 2 exs.

I've opened 6 and have pulled 5 full arts, M Gallade, M Sceptile, Shaymin, Lugia and Thundurus, 2 exs and 2 holos.