• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fairy Fun (M Gardevoir EX / Aromatisse / Xerneas XY)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Pokemon: (16)

• 2 Aromatisse XY
    2 Spritzee XY
    3 Gardevoir EX
    3 M Gardevoir EX
    4 Xerneas XY
    2 Charizard EX Stoke
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:(33)

• 4 N
    4 Professor Sycamore
    2 Lysandre
    1 Skyla
    2 Colress
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card

2 VS Seeker
    1 Tool Retriever
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Dowsing Machine
    3 Max Potion
    1 Escape Rope / Switch
    2 Gardevoir Spirit Link
    3 Ultra Ball

3 Fairy Garden
Energy: (11)

• 9 Fairy Energy
    2 Fire Energy (So Charizard EX can hit Aegislash EX)

Strategy:

A Fariy deck focusing on attacking with Mega Gardy EX by starting with Xerneas XY to stock pile Fairy energy on the field.

Card Scans:
M Gardevoir EX: http://pokebeach.com/news/1214/m-gardevoir-ex.jpg

Wonder Energy: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/144-wonder-energy.jpg

Gardevoir EX: http://pokebeach.com/news/0115/primal-clash/105-gardevoir-ex.jpg

RE: Fairy Fun (Aromatisse / Mega Gardy EX/ Techs)

I would recomend more pokemon fan club so you can get spritzee and aromatisse out quicker. Maybe drop the xerosic and a lysandre and add in another pokemon fan club and a startaling megaphone.

Did
-1 Xerosic

+1 Poke Fan Club

I always want 2 Lysandre in my deck.

I still think you should have a megaphone in the deck, not sure what to take out for it though.

Ironman131 said:
I still think you should have a megaphone in the deck, not sure what to take out for it though.

The reason I prefer Xerosic is that I can still discard the tool from Garbodor against Seismitoad / Garb

I would like to have Xerneas EX but feel like I shouldn't at the same time. Thoughts?

If I were to add Xerneas EX, I would like to add DCE so I don't think it is worth taking up 2/3 spaces

I dont think you really need xerneas EX, the only benifet it would have compared to M gardevoir is the 30 bench damage and you have manectric EX filling that void somewhat with the 20 bench damage from over run. M gardevoir just out classes the potentiall damage out put that xerneas Ex would have. I dont think it would be worth the 2-3 spaces for xerneas EX. Not every game is against seismitoad/ garbador though and i think garbador is seeing less play in these decks and slurpuff is seeing more play could just be my area though. So i think the megaphone would be a better option over xerosic, but if seismitoad/ garbador is big in your area you might want to add the xerosic back in but once again im not sure what you could take out.

Yea, was thinking the same. Xerneas EX isn't good compared to when I could be attacking with Mega Gardy EX.

RE: Fairy Fun (Aromatisse / M Gardevoir EX / Techs)

Im not sure what you can take out but for more consistency try adding
+1 xereneas xy ,
+1 poke fan club,
+1fairy garden

A turn 1 xerneas + poke fan club is crucial to setting up fairys.

I dont think Keldeo EX has much value in this deck. Fairy Garden should give you the ability for free switches, and escape rope should help you in those other times of need. If you are worried about Seismitoad EX locking you in place then Virizion EX is a much better addition to the deck over Keldeo imo- or Suicune can offer a safeguard pokemon that ohkos landorus EX with a muscle band if that is what you are looking for.

Something that I am going to try out for my Mega Gardevoir Aromatisse toolbox is going to be 1 Electrike. It might sound really strange but Electrike seems like a strong options vs any deck that doesn't hit the bench. It can hold rainbow energy or even just basic fairy energy while your attackers are charging up without the risk of these energies getting discarded by hammers or team flare grunt etc- also he can't be lysandre'd out thanks to omega barrier also preventing supporter cards from working on him. This guarantees that you can use things like Combustion Blast for 2 rainbow energies without attaching one and then being crippled by an enhanced hammer before you managed to get the other on your bench. (it may get discarded after you move it to charizard but that meant you at least got to use combustion blast without being shut down before it got charged up) This means you are less affected by lysandre too when all of your energy can be kept completely safe on Electrike and you lose no energy from another pokemon being sniped, this allows Aromatisse decks to keep their very good momentum- even moreso with mega gardevoir which relies on stacking energy on your bench, Electrike is a perfect combo with this.

I think you could cut some of the side attackers. This deck can do a lot of work with just 2-2 mega gardevoir EX, 2 xerneas, 1 charizard and perhaps 2 other attackers along with a sacred ash to bring them back for their favourable matchups. this would give you some more consistency to run 4 fairy garden and a sacred ash (I think sacred ash is fantastic in fairy decks because you want to reuse pokemon that have good matchups against the deck you are facing- 1 charizard can be dealt with by metal decks but 2 charizards is much more of a problem)

This is one of the "premier" decks that will emerge from the Primal Clash set, IMO. Following are some thoughts/comments for your consideration (also, let's disregard whether you have all the suggested cards right now):

• The strength of this deck is that M Gardevoir EX can essentially 1HKO any Poké in the format as soon as there is enough Fairy/Wonder energy in play.
  • Xerneas, a Basic Y Poké with above average HP, is the ideal starter since it provides energy-attachment acceleration. The fact that this Poké can actually distribute the Geomancy'd Y energy around reduces the risk of an opponent just targeting one of your Poké with stockpiled energy attached.
  • I suspect the only major threats will be Metal decks and Leafeon (PLF). The former can hit for Weakness, and the latter gets damage output boosts from the total amount of energy you have in play. The good (?) news is that both of these threats are weak to R Poké attacks.
Given the above comments, I'd suggest the following for your consideration:

• Focusing more on the essentials and less on the techs (which may not really be that effective once the Primal Clash set is legal for tournament play) makes the deck more effective, IMO. I expect the PC set to be a real "game changing" set. Keep in mind you can essentially 1HKO any Poké in the game after you have enough energy in play; whereas, your opponent may not be able to 1HKO your M Gardevoir EX in response.

Also, the many 1-of techs may not be that effective since you may not be able to access the necessary "1-of" Poké when needed.

Max-out the Xerneas count since this Poké is your ideal starter.

Run a minimum 3-3 M Gardevoir EX line to ensure high availability of your main attacker.

Run more Y and another Wonder energy, as well as a Professor's Letter. Since you have not included a Lysandre' Trump Card nor Energy Retrieval, you are counting on the 11 designated energy to sustain you an entire game; this may not be enough without some energy recovery.

To some degree, your "techs" become your Achilles' heel since they can provide easier alternative targets vs. your Gardys.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Manectric EX
-1 Aegislash EX
-1 Keldeo EX

+1 Charizard EX
+1 Gardevoir EX
+1 M Gardevoir EX
+2 Xerneas

-1 Skyla
-1 Max Potion - 2 should be sufficient, IMO
-1 Ultra Ball - 2 should be sufficient, IMO
-1 Fairy Garden

+1 Colress - more card draw
+1 Professor's Letter
+1 Energy Retrieval / Lysandre's Trump card

-3 Rainbow - not really needed at this point
+2 Y
+1 Wonder

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Hi Gengar master,

Consider these modifications:

- 1 Spritzee
- 1 Keldeo EX
- 1 Mewtwo EX
- 1 Manectric EX
- 1 Aegislash EX

+ 1 M Gardevoir Ex
+ 1 Gardevoir Ex
+ 1 Florges Ex
+ 2 Xerneas

- 3 Muscle Band

+ 1 Gardevoir Spirit Link
+ 1 Startling Megaphone
+ 1 Tool Retriever

- 3 Rainbow Energy
- 1 Wonder Energy

+ 4 Fairy Energy

TuxedoBlack already outlined the reasons for the modifications in terms of Pokémon. i added Florges Ex since it is a nice fast atacker that helps to counter speed and item lock decks. You will also need Tool Retriever to handle Pokémon Tool F cards. Alternatively you can also run Xerosic. The choice between these two option depends on the local metagame. With the increased number of M Gardevoir Ex you will need a third Spirit Link card. Startling Megaphone helps against Garbodor and can also be used to slow other mega decks down a little. I would retain the three Max Potion and even consider to use Scoop Up Cyclone instead of Dowsing Machine. with that list you can use basic fairy energy only which is a big plus since that makes it hard to discard your resources from play. Your attackers do not need Rainbow Energy after the revision and Wonder Energy is not that good of a card to warrent the risk of it being easily discarded with either enhanced hammer or xerosic.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

RE: Fairy Fun (Mega Gardy EX / Aromatisse / Xerneas XY)

Made more edits with Mega Gardy the main focus of the deck.

Charizard EX can't one-shot Metal decks. Is that ok? With no Rainbow I can't combustion blast and with a Muscle Band I will still be 10 or 20 HP short. Suggestions?

Gengar master said:

Charizard EX can't one-shot Metal decks. Is that ok? With no Rainbow I can't combustion blast and with a Muscle Band I will still be 10 or 20 HP short. Suggestions?

I would just drop the Charizards in favor of 2 Head Ringers, because those really mess with Metal decks sometimes and are useful in so many more matchups. A Megaphone or Xerosic is nice against Virizion/Genesect if you have a late start (Missed a T1/T2 Geomancy) to get rid of G Booster or even a Muscle Band on VirizionEX, so it can't 2HKO your Xerneas. Against Metal you might discard KeldeoEX's Float Stone to open it up to a Head Ringer.

I think you can afford to drop a Spirit Link, especially as you are playing tool retriever.

I think 3 fairy garden and 3 max potion are absolute minimum in fairy decks. Max potion is too good and free retreat is central to the fairy style. And with so many new stadiums coming, it is going to be stadium war.

Would play a superior energy retrieval over regular energy retrieval. If you can get the max potion count to 4, Trump Card is an option. "They get all their resources back too..." etc, yes, but the point is to use the max potions really agressively and Trump Card once they are out or nearly out. Endless spamming of max potions.

Hi Gengar master'

- 1 Spritzee XY (not the main focus but a useful assistance line)
- 2 Charizard EX (cannot ohko for weakness and exposes three energies)
- 1 Energy Retrieval (did not need it thus far in my built irl)
- 1 Prof Letter (did not need it thus far in my built irl)
- 2 Wonder Energy (not that useful)

+ 2 Florges Ex (fast attacker that only exposes two energies)
+ 1 Max Potion (you still want a third one)
+ 1 Fairy Garden (you still want a third one)
+ 2 Fairy Energy (eleven in the minumum)
+ 1 Lysandre's Trump card/Fairy Energy/Startling Megaphone (each one has different benefits)

On a side note: The single Skyla is interesting but do you usually draw it in time to make use of it? I assume it is primarily intended to search out the spirit link cards. I am currently considering either one Skyla or one Teammates but hesitate to reduce the Fan Club count to two.

Gengar master said:

If M decks are popular in your area, then incorporating some R or Rainbow energy would be prudent in order to use your Zard as an effective, 1HKO'ing counter to Metal and Grass decks. Zard needs a minimum of 2 primary energy for its Combustion Blast attack; so, I'd suggest testing either 3 R or Rainbow energy.

Also, consider replacing 1 of the Gengar Spirit Link with either energy or Lysandre's Trump Card.

What about using the other Charizard, the one with Stoke? It's second attack requires three colorless and one Fire instead of the other Charizard, so perhaps then you can deal with Metal far easier without exposing two of your Rainbow.

I always thought the Stoke Charizard was the better one to use, since if you start with it, you can always try for huge energy acceleration, and then retreat next turn, and it only requires/risks one Rainbow Energy. It does discard energy, which is bad for Fairy Toolbox though.

Back