Fairy Discussion Thread

Elbow said:
Camoclone said:
The deck still loses to Rayboar and Blastoise.
I happen to have a better matchup to Blastoise then Rayboar. Only if they go all out with BKEX then I lose.
Isn't how they would play against you? That's how most blastoise decks are played right now.

Camoclone said:
Elbow said:
I happen to have a better matchup to Blastoise then Rayboar. Only if they go all out with BKEX then I lose.
Isn't how they would play against you? That's how most blastoise decks are played right now.

I see many that go first with their Keldeo for unlimited attacks, and later with BKEX... but I'm just a senior, so as a master you may see different things.

For straight fairy builds, perhaps EXP. Share could work to conserve energy in case of OHKOs. I also think Bouffalant and Furfrou could be good backup attackers.

Straight Fairy builds to me personally seem like a one-trick pony meta dependent deck. The techy version is a lot better and can give you a whole better range of match ups.

The team who I deckbuild with, are in the process of attempting to make a solid fairy deck list for our up coming regionals as we're all deciding to take the rest of the year on a more casual note before Nationals, since the majority of us (cough I'm 2/3 there) already have worlds invite.

Anyway we are deciding on running a tech version that simply uses Darkrai EX, Yvetal EX, Aromatisse, Virizon EX, Landorus EX, and Black Kyurem EX. Our other team mate who is still trying to make worlds points made top 4 in the recent Tasmania, Australia, with a prototype deck list to that. Just some food for thought.

Shank said:
Straight Fairy builds to me personally seem like a one-trick pony meta dependent deck. The techy version is a lot better and can give you a whole better range of match ups.

The team who I deckbuild with, are in the process of attempting to make a solid fairy deck list for our up coming regionals as we're all deciding to take the rest of the year on a more casual note before Nationals, since the majority of us (cough I'm 2/3 there) already have worlds invite.

Anyway we are deciding on running a tech version that simply uses Darkrai EX, Yvetal EX, Aromatisse, Virizon EX, Landorus EX, and Black Kyurem EX. Our other team mate who is still trying to make worlds points made top 4 in the recent Tasmania, Australia, with a prototype deck list to that. Just some food for thought.
Is BKEX really that good in the deck? The main problem I have is conserving my energy in play. Perhaps Shaymin EX as a better idea? It performs just as well late game and requires less energy (I assume you are also using BKEX for late game).

Today was our very first League challenge post-XY. I decided to go the Fairy route with a bunch of techs. While I did manage to get first place, I found myself having real tough and close matches. Sure I might have been ahead on some but you've really gotta use your energys well and know where and when to sacrifice them, etc. etc. With one more league challenge and then Provincials, I'm not really positive I'll be sticking with this deck. I felt pretty drained out at the end of the day.

RayBoar used to be such a pain but I think Suicune/Laser or Band does the trick very well with Catcher. My Keldeo Blastoise matchup is still a toss up but luckily my area doesn't use that deck anymore after all the tourneys Genesect/Virizion won. :p

As for Landorus EX, it's something I've been thinking of but have opted for Terakion instead. The plasma matchup is what intimidates me a bit. I'm probably going to test it out a bit though since Plasma decks usually are the Yeti variant instead of TDK nowadays.

Camoclone said:
Shank said:

Is BKEX really that good in the deck? The main problem I have is conserving my energy in play. Perhaps Shaymin EX as a better idea? It performs just as well late game and requires less energy (I assume you are also using BKEX for late game).
BKEX is good, especially when you just drop it late game unsuspectingly and move energys to it via Armoatisse and black ballista to either close out games or get even closer. The deck list ran 3 max potions all though most of the lists I'm testing has 4, its really all personal preference. The main attackers are clearly still Darkrai/ Yvetal unless with techs in Lando and Kyurem who can easily attack for the game (BKEX more than Lando unless there is damage already in play). I run 2 blends of WFLM as well however so you have the option incase you are a single energy sort simply for the fact you do discard special energy.

Most basics lists run a 1 of Munna too for long distance hypnosis.

Black Kyurem is deadly for anyone who doesn't watch out. I think somebody could put a Kingdra (Plasma Freeze 84) in a Blastoise deck too.
I mean really, it shares Rare Candy with Blastoise, it attacks early and after a couple of Black Ballistas you can one shot a good chunk of things.
By the way, I was considering running Phione to replace Sableye in decks, what do you think?

Blastoise doesn't need kingdra at all though, yeah you can add it. Do you need it though? No. And to be honest I wouldn't run sableye in the dark fairy variant either.

Shank said:
Camoclone said:
BKEX is good, especially when you just drop it late game unsuspectingly and move energys to it via Armoatisse and black ballista to either close out games or get even closer. The deck list ran 3 max potions all though most of the lists I'm testing has 4, its really all personal preference. The main attackers are clearly still Darkrai/ Yvetal unless with techs in Lando and Kyurem who can easily attack for the game (BKEX more than Lando unless there is damage already in play). I run 2 blends of WFLM as well however so you have the option incase you are a single energy sort simply for the fact you do discard special energy.

Most basics lists run a 1 of Munna too for long distance hypnosis.

BKEX is a bad choice in my opinion. You lose precious energy (unless you play Basic energies) and will get Revenge KO'ed on the next turn. I would just run G-Booster. Sure, if takes up your Ace Spec slot, but if the only target for your Plasma Energy are your Genesect EX, might as well make good use of them.

G-Booster allows you to keep your more relevant energies (Rainbow/Prism/etc) while still OHKO'ing anything in play. Discarding 2 Plasma Energy, or a Plasma and a Rainbow/Prism is much better in my mind. That and it doesn't take 4 Energy to power.

The fairy types are really giving me troubles alright. I won another tournament using them but I feel like no matter how fast you set up and get knockouts, if you lose a good amount of energy, your opponent gets right back in the game. Today was pretty rough as I faced off against 3 plasma decks. The Yeti, Aroma, and Turbo variants. I also faced off against Rayboar or Delboar, whatever it's called. It was painful and found myself using their beach 3 turns straight but I squeaked out a win. My opponent did make one error and Fandango into Baby Ray instead of Delphox to counter my Suicune. It might have made a bit of a difference.

I've found that Pokemon catcher helps so much though. I've been running 2 but actually thinking if I add more, I could at least get some nice potential stall turns. Of course the flip is a disadvantage but sometimes you gotta have faith. :p But I dunno if Fairys are worth using at Provincials next week .

Darn modified format, why must you be so diverse!? :p

The Fairies are Fun, I made a fun Fairy Deck with Basically the Fairies from the Resilient Life Theme Deck with the exception of Jigglypuff, but I'm running some techs in there like Fur Coat Furfrou, 1-1 Sylveon, 1-1 Diggersby and Mew/Mewtwo EX :).

Anyone have success with a fairy deck that doesn't include every EX you can possibly fit in? Trying to keep it fairy with an Emolga EX to counter Yveltal EX but haven't had the best luck :/.

deck ideas to battle against the big fairy deck

I have come across the big fairy deck a few times now. I can't think of anything to counter it. Any ideas?

RE: deck ideas to battle against the big fairy deck

Cobalion NV for straight fairies deck it OHKOS ALL fully powered fairies. If you face the fairybox then it's a lot harder best option is to take out aromatiss and discard special energy.

I play the fairy box, and got mauled at regionals by a dark/garb with hammers... Locked ability and no energies! So yeah like Cortel said, take out aromatisse and you'll have a good chance :).

Squirtle Squad said:
I play the fairy box, and got mauled at regionals by a dark/garb with hammers... Locked ability and no energies! So yeah like Cortel said, take out aromatisse and you'll have a good chance :).

This is why I run 3 scrappers, 2 Landorus EX, and 2 Emolga EX.
Landorus - Darkrai/thundurus
Emolga - Yveltal/Lugia

I play a slew of other attackers, but that's a story for another day ;).

Raikou-EX is probably my favourite card for this deck. At the cost of dropping two Special Energy, you can kill benched Garbodors, Aromatisse, or even things that have been previously damaged by Hammerhead, perhaps an Emboar, Blastoise, BabyYveltal/Xerneas, the possibilities are endless. Being able to kill off the crux of your opponent's deck from the bench is just amazing.

Back