Ruling Expert Belt and Salamence Lv.X

BlastoiseGotMeWet

I like Blastoise, and yes, I drew that
If you opponent has an expert belt equipped to their defending pokemon and you knock it out with Salamence Lv.X, do you take 3 prizes?

Yes you do. You take one extra prize for the Pokemon you Knock Out from Expert Belt, plus one more from Salamence, so yes, that is a total of 3 prizes if you Knock Out just the one Pokemon.

Knocking out any more does not net you any bonuses from Salamence or Expert Belt (unless there is another Pokemon with Expert Belt Knocked Out - one of Salamence's attacks lets you hit two targets iirc, and drawing several prizes at once is conceivable).

Notice that you do however only take extra prizes if you would take one in the first place. In the DX-on format, Shedinja does not yield a prize card, Currently it's only the Weezing PT, I believe.

StealthAngel667 said:
Notice that you do however only take extra prizes if you would take one in the first place. In the DX-on format, Shedinja does not yield a prize card, Currently it's only the Weezing PT, I believe.

It's weezing RR, not PT.

Uh, no it's not?

~+20 to maximum HP
~+20 damage to all your attacks
~The only drawback is your opponent takes two prizes upon KO, but you can easily Poke Turn (or SSU) it if it takes too much damage. Still, it's deadly.

Lucario_aura_wielder, please do not stray from the current topic.

Confirmation from a Japanese AOA faq:
Q: On the turn when I used Salamence LV.X’s “Double Fall” Poke-Power, an opponent’s Pokemon that had an “Expert Belt” attached to it was Knocked Out by Salamence’s attack. In this instance, can I take 3 Prize cards?
A: Yes, you can. In this instance, the effects of Salamence LV.X’s Double Fall Poke-Power and the opposing Pokemon’s Expert Belt stack, and you can take 3 Prize cards.

Also you get 5 prizes if you knock out 2 pokemon (one with expert belt)quite deadly eh?:D

I just read this in the FAQ on the main webpage

Q: On the turn when I used Salamence LV.X’s “Double Fall” Poke-Power, I Knocked out my opponent’s Active Pokemon and a Benched Pokemon simultaneously with Salamence’s “Overrun” attack. In this case, can I take 4 Prize cards?
A: Yes, you can. With the effect of Double Fall, you take 1 additional Prize card for each Pokemon you Knock Out.

So I am concluding that if A Salamace knocks out 2 Pokemon with "Overrun" that each have an Expert Belt attached, then that is... Good Game. LOL

Oh wow Although why anyone could Ko 2 expert pokes on the bench with overrun is incredulous since most expert belt decks run ssus.

Also you get 5 prizes if you knock out 2 pokemon (one with expert belt)quite deadly eh?
They both have to have Expert Belt attached in order to draw 5 prizes. If you read the Double Fall power, it says to take ONE more prize for ONE more Pokemon Knocked Out. Although Expert Belts will stack, Double Fall can only add one, and no more.
So imagine that you use Overrun and do a double knockout, and the active KO'd has Expert Belt (the Benched does not).

+1 for active knockout
+1 for Expert Belt on active
+1 for Benched knockout
+1 for Double Fall

That's 4 prizes. If both benched and active have Expert Belt, as YourP1mp said (it is conceivable), that's 5 prizes in the course of one turn (since you would add another +1 to my note above).

DNA said:
They both have to have Expert Belt attached in order to draw 5 prizes. If you read the Double Fall power, it says to take ONE more prize for ONE more Pokemon Knocked Out. Although Expert Belts will stack, Double Fall can only add one, and no more.
So imagine that you use Overrun and do a double knockout, and the active KO'd has Expert Belt (the Benched does not).

+1 for active knockout
+1 for Expert Belt on active
+1 for Benched knockout
+1 for Double Fall

That's 4 prizes. If both benched and active have Expert Belt, as YourP1mp said (it is conceivable), that's 5 prizes in the course of one turn (since you would add another +1 to my note above).

The quote in my above post is taken from an FAQ about the new set. It clearly states that if you use a Lv.X "Overrun" and get 2 knock outs, you get to take 4 prizes. One for EACH pokemon you knocked out.

Q: On the turn when I used Salamence LV.X’s “Double Fall” Poke-Power, I Knocked out my opponent’s Active Pokemon and a Benched Pokemon simultaneously with Salamence’s “Overrun” attack. In this case, can I take 4 Prize cards?
A: Yes, you can. With the effect of Double Fall, you take 1 additional Prize card for each Pokemon you Knock Out.

The above OFFICIAL quote can be found here...

http://pokebeach.com/tcg/advent-of-arceus/faq

So I found out. The news article was so small that I had overlooked it. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Although,
Poke-Power: Double Fall
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level-Up a Pokemon. During this turn, if this Pokemon Knocks Out any of your opponent’s Pokemon with damage from an attack, when you take your Prize card, take 1 additional Prize card for 1 of the Pokemon you Knocked Out.
I hope the English translators fix the grammar mistake. If they mean +1 for each KO, they should say that.

I just looked at the ENG Salamence Lv X Card. Its EXACT WORD FOR WORD TEXT is:

"For each of your opponents pokemon that is Knocked out from Salamence's attacks this turn, take 1 more prize card."

So, for each pokemon knocked out, take 1 more prize. That stacks. So If i knock out a pokemon that is active AND 1 on their bench with Shoot Through, you will take 4 prizes. Fun card.

^I noticed. This makes it a lot more clear, so I suppose the question's been answered. (And the grammar corrected.)

Back