Ex Delta Frequency (My New Set) Dire need of Experianced Fakers & Illustraitors!!!!!!! 27 cards done

Do you think i'm in over my head with a set so huge?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I hope you think these are fair:
IMPORTANT NOTE: I will use constructive criticism, of course, and if you just can't stand any kind of criticism, don't read my reviews.
Miltank d: I'd have to say this card is not that powerful, but Muddy Water is a worthwhile attack.
Raticate d: Although it needs Special Energy to use any of its attacks, this card is golden to a hit-and-run player, hence the name of its 2nd attack. This is a very nice combination of types, and I expect it to get around most Weaknesses. It can also take advantage of both Darkness Energy and Metal Energy's full value, as their effects will activate. I'd say the most important part of this handy little guy is his Retreat Cost. You never know when a Retreat Cost of 0 will help you out.
Swellow d: One of the very best cards in the set. Sky attack can flip a heads and prevent every last bit of damage done to Swellow. When you flip a heads for a 100-damage Sky Attack (thanks to Focus Energy), your opponent will scream with rage! (or at least hate you) Add fighting-resistance and a retreat cost of 0, and this card is ready to devastate the foe!
Combusken d: Although most of this card is completely pointless (no offense), it has a SWEET illustration!! Nintendo jr really did an awesome job! Also, Collect is a handy-dandy move, and Quick Attack is usually only if you're desperate. Normally he's just a stepping-stone on the evolution line to Blaziken.
Croconaw d: For a Stage 1 that has evolution ability, this card is strong! Not too strong, but strong. Bite Off just kills ex-dependant decks. Although a particular LM Huntail has this move, Croconaw actually evolves again, still keeping the awesome move.
Grovyle d: Awesome picture! Aqua Slash is a typical move, but Poison Breath can really hit hard if your opponent can't retreat! 2 Colorless for 20 damage and 100% Poison is really good! (However, it's not the level of good that I'd recommend you editing it for fairness.)
Machoke d: This guy is a copy of some PK cards...:p
Machoke from EX Power Keepers:
{C} Steady Punch 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage plus 20 more damage.
Your Machoke d's Steady Punch is a reverse, in which the base damage is 20 and you can flip for 10 additional damage.
Medicham from EX Power Keepers:
{Ft/Ft/C} Rolling Kick 40
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.
Your Machoke d's Rolling Kick is a word-for-word copy of Medicham's, except yours costs 2 Fire and 1 Colorless, instead of 2 Fighting and 1 Colorless.
But it's okay, you're allowed to do that, and he's pretty good!
Marshtomp d: Mud Tomb is good if you're stalling. Swamp Muck can hit hard, too.
Muk d: This card is just incredible. It's fair, yet strong. Perfect combo in its attacks. A great addition to a Flariados deck. Using his Reactive Sludge move does have the penalty of hurting itself with Polluted Water, though. In all, I love this card.
Quilava d: Sparkfire is awesome. Burn+Paralyze=Victory (probably).
But Nintendo jr was right when he said that 100% Burn and Paralyze would be invincible and unfair.
Tentacruel d: Stun Venom is SWEET if you flip heads. Tentacle Wrap isn't half bad. Discarding the enemy's energy is always fun.:p
Chikorita d: Not much to say about this card, Razor Leaf is a typical attack for a basic starter Pokemon.
Mareep d: Thundershock is a nice move to have. Cotton Spore is...not the best move out there.:p
Spheal: Rolling Tackle is just a plain old attack. Nothing to say for Doubleslap, because of this: (Read the Note)
Note: Doubleslap reads:
{C} Doubleslap 10x
Flip a coin. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads.
Is it supposed to day that, or are you supposed to flip 2 coins?
Totodile d: 10 for 1 Colorless, 20 for 1 Fire and 1 Colorless. Nothing special here.
Note: Whoever the artist was, this is 1 of the best illustrations in the entire set!
Blastoise* d: Draw, discard. Those are what Blastoise* does. Normal Fault does 30 damage, and can decrease the amount of cards the foe holds to 3! Reverse Fault does 60 damage, or 80 if you're a little behind. And you can draw up to 7 cards! Although the 3 Retreat Cost can be a problem...
Charizard* d: A really beefed-up card. Shadow Claw exploits damage, while Black Hole makes the finishing blow. Black Hole sucks up all the foe's energy, destroys their hand to prevent any comebacks, and does 90 damage. The only downsides are that: A. You have to be losing to get all this attack can offer, and B. That you discard all of Charizard*'s energy. to make up for b (you can't really make up for a), try using Scramble Energy. It activates when you're losing the game, which also lets you fully exploit Black Hole's effect. Scramble Energy provides all 3 Dark Energy that you need to use Black Hole.
Venusaur* d: As I said before, Tangle Vines is too good. It's almost invincible. And *'s aren't so powerful, like my PK Jolteon* or my brother's POP4 Umbreon*. Tangle Vines just isn't a fair move. On the other hand, Chlorophyll Burst is a fair, yet really strong move. You can do a heck of a lot of damage with that move.
IMPORTANT NOTE:I AM ONLY REVIEWING CARDS THAT ARE DONE. (not ones that just have spoilers)
Then again, nobody cares. :p

the last part of tangle vine states that The Opponent's Pokemon are only paralyzed if their r 2 of them in a double battle so its fair...

Yes, I know that. But I don't know many people who play double battles, and it's not very popular... so it's too good for the majority of battles.

Ohh I back, but without cards still XD (The cards or 1 at least will be in a few weeks). Very good job MCD rating the cards, and did you like the art of the *'s?

nintendo jr said:
Ohh I back, but without cards still XD (The cards or 1 at least will be in a few weeks). Very good job MCD rating the cards, and did you like the art of the *'s?
Thx :p
lol, seeing as I'm a Kanto Starter addict, yes. (Seriously, I was gonna say, RickRaptor should let you use your art more, not Aragonbird's...)
Really, do you even have Aragonbird's permission?

Well, as long as u give credit then i guess so...

But i would like to use nin jr's art for a few choice cards including Feraligatr & the ex's;) (that iz a big deal for me)

its ok, there is one thing u can do to help besides rating, do u mind checking the cards for spelling mistakes

And attack mistiakes like Steady Punch in reverse, cause is was menat to be PK Machoke & PK Medicham combined;)

pm me the list or directly pm nin jr with the list of mistakes so that he can correct them, k???

Ok:
Rares:
Ampharos: Luster Purge says "discard 2 energy card attached to Ampharos." Do you mean 2 energy CARDS? Plasma Recharge says "search your discard pile for a {L} energy card or a {M} and attach it to Ampharos." Do you mean a {M} energy CARD? Flux Generator should be a Poke-Body, because it's automatic, not optional.
Banette: Delta Curse says "you may put 1 damage counter on 1 Pokemon with d on it's card". Do you mean with d on ITS card? I don't want to give you a lesson in grammar, but it's is a contraction meaning it is. To show ownership, the correct term is its without an apostrophe.
Flygon: Frequency Jam says: "As long as Flygon is your active Pokemon both you and your opponent can't play any Trainer Cards other than Supporter cards." You need a comma in between Pokemon and both. For example: "...is your Active Pokemon, both you..."
(Note the comma) Shrill Shriek needs a period at the end of the text.
Rhydon: "Resistence" should be spelled "Resistance".
Sceptile: Ancient Rain says "...when Sceptile is in play, whenever you attach {W} energy card..." It should say "...when Sceptile is in play, whenever you attach A {W} energy card..." It has a in between attach and {W}.
I'll do the uncommons when I get a chnce...

RE: Ex Delta Frequency (My New Set) Dire need of Experianced Fakers & Illustraitors!!

After a long time I back and with a card:

Sorry to keep you waiting Rick, but I was busy busy with my set, helping my friend with its set and making another ramdon things (Also this weeks I had a stream of tests :p).

This thread was dead for over a month until yugi posted. This should be locked since there was a revival after the 15 day limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back