'Evolving Skies,' August's English TCG Set!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Galarian Zapdos - at least a 1-of in some F decks desperate for Energy acceleration. At least, F still sucks in energy acceleration tbh. Bea is just too risky to use. F types are good if they have Battle Style tag. Without Battle Style tag, it's just bad. 3-4

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Very solid card. Just the fact that it has free retreat might make it playable in some fighting decks that play a decent number of basic energy.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
So the next one is Articuno doing the same with Psychic energy, quite boring in comparison with their V counterparts which all are unique from the others
Not to mention that we already have good Psychic Energy acceleration in the form of Shadow Rider Calyrex V, which is already one of, if not the, best deck in the current format.

GymLdrJesse

Twitter/X @JessePrker
Advanced Member
Not to mention that we already have good Psychic Energy acceleration in the form of Shadow Rider Calyrex V, which is already one of, if not the, best deck in the current format.
Holy moly if that articuno has the same ability...the bdif gets even better!

flariados

Aspiring Trainer
If this was +100 instead of paralysis then etern is a goner

Also, if G. Articuno follows the trend of Zapdos and Moltres (attach 2), then you're going to be able to fog crystal into a potential +60 buff for your Shadow Rider.

Last edited:

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Cool ability trash atack. Paralysis just sucks. Everyone plays like 4 switching cards. The damage is also just bad. I guess it can do 70 turn 1 going second but other than that it's pretty bad. These are pre release promos btw so this set might be bad for one prize pokemon. Galarian moltres is better atleast but it's more of a tech. Maybe into etern or the weezing deck.
People only play Switches because of Raichu Raichu Tag Team. Before then, everyone played Float Stones or Guzma. Post rotation the only decks that play Switch are Eternatus (because of 3 retreat cost) and Urshifu to Switch out and into the active in the same turn.

efwolverine

Aspiring Trainer
I almost wonder if we're going to get a sort of Regi-themed set with all of them getting the V/VMax/Rainbow/Alt-art treatment.

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
Good to see finally Regieleki but I would prefer to be as a V the first appareance and being the main pokemon of a set along RegiDragon, its the first legendary introduced as regular card instead of a rule box pokemon?

Also I just realized that Eternatus dont have a single prize version yet
I think it's nice that Regieleki gets to be introduced like this, since it's a very simple entrance for such an interesting legendary Pokemon. Besides, legendaries don't always have to be ultra rare cards. That's just my opinion, though.

LightYearLiam

I kinda would've preferred it if the three baby birds had different abilities instead of color-changed versions of the same one...

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
"Another 'soft' introduction for this new Legendary." (Originally at the bottom of main the post)

This isn't soft, this is ridiculously powerful, in Expanded at least. Double Dragon Energy + Welder/Max Elixir for 240?! Altered Creation for extra prizes and you're doing 270 damage.

Edit: We have Reshiram ROS too, and that's crazy.

Last edited: