'Evolving Skies,' August's English TCG Set!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Let’s take a minute to appreciate how nice the artwork is on that Ninetales. The autumn leaves are really giving me HGSS-era vibes with it. I dig it-seems like this is a very recent artist to the TCG, hope she keeps it up for years to come.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Let’s take a minute to appreciate how nice the artwork is on that Ninetales. The autumn leaves are really giving me HGSS-era vibes with it. I dig it-seems like this is a very recent artist to the TCG, hope she keeps it up for years to come.
surely Platinum base is the definitive autumnal TCG set

Scoop

Literally a sheep
surely Platinum base is the definitive autumnal TCG set
Right, right. That era is sort of a huge hole in my collection, I never got to collecting as many Gen 4 cards as I’d have liked yet, but I own the Empoleon line from there which is full-on autumn.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
It's a beautiful card for sure, but I have never understood why they have the need to print all these cards that are just "Dodrio but worse".

I'm pretty sure that this could have "Their retreat cost is zero" and it still wouldn't be played over Air Balloon.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
The fact regieleki was not 0, not 1, but 2 energy retreat cost makes me sad

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
What's the point of Ninetales? The "Carry and Run" Bewear from Cosmic Eclipse gave each of your other Pokémon a -2 Retreat Cost, and it didn't need them to have any Energy attached. It basically saw no play, so why make a worse version of it for only Fire decks??

Landorus is kind of decent, but it isn't much more than a missed opportunity to bring back its Therian form. Again

LightYearLiam

I'm always pleased when single-prize legendaries are good (well, I'm always pleased when single-prize Pokemon are good in general, but anyway). I like the Moltres, not necessarily wowed by the others. Regieleki has spread at least. That's better than nothing. Maybe it will even be useful...I can dream, right?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Rayquaza VMAX for example.
How about this one?
en_US-SWSH5-138-tower_of_waters.jpg

ELTRENDY BEAST

Aspiring Trainer
Cool ability trash atack. Paralysis just sucks. Everyone plays like 4 switching cards. The damage is also just bad. I guess it can do 70 turn 1 going second but other than that it's pretty bad. These are pre release promos btw so this set might be bad for one prize pokemon. Galarian moltres is better atleast but it's more of a tech. Maybe into etern or the weezing deck.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
So the next one is Articuno doing the same with Psychic energy, quite boring in comparison with their V counterparts which all are unique from the others

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Galarian Zapdos seems to be the worst of the future prerelease promos for Evolving Skies, unless Galarian Articuno has a worse attack. Galarian Moltres is a nice single prize late game attacker for Darkness decks, while Flaaffy is almost guaranteed to be a staple in Electric decks until it rotates out of standard.

Edit: If Galarian Articuno has the same ability but for Psychic energy, it will likely find a home in Shadow Rider decks, even if the attack would be bad.

Last edited: