'Evolving Skies,' August's English TCG Set!

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Frosmoth is not a bad option actually, if you take a second look kyurem doesn't need to discard water energies from itself, you can attach the energies from your benched Pokémon and discard them for the attack just like blacephalon GX or dragon Majesty's turtonator

Sure thing but Kyurem does not last more than one turn and you will need to stream them. This would force you to run Froslass in addition to Frosmoth to power up the next Kyurem once the currently active one is defeated. It is not an issue about getting the energy into play to discard them. the issue is to stream Kyurem without making the deck clunky.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Suicune definitely is a good tech for any deck that run W or Aurora energy. Didnt need that draw ability but hey its there.

Kyurem is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah. Frosmoth definitely helps for its attack damage but you cant easily power up multiple Kyurems.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Sure thing but Kyurem does not last more than one turn and you will need to stream them. This would force you to run Froslass in addition to Frosmoth to power up the next Kyurem once the currently active one is defeated. It is not an issue about getting the energy into play to discard them. the issue is to stream Kyurem without making the deck clunky.
Why not just use Energy Switch? You can even use both for additional consistency.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I like that Suicune as a tech card in an aurora box style of build. Will be great once Victini starts taking over the metagame.

Kyurem. HARD PASS. It looks really good until you realize it can only be powered up by frosslass. And it requires alot of clunky set up for mediocre damage. Sorry bud :/

Last edited:

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Frosmoth only accelerates to water Pokémon so Kyurem might be clunky. But with Energy Switch and Exp Share it could work.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
That's the most badass looking art Kyurem has ever had, freaking sick. Unfortnately, there's no world in which that attack cost doesn't turn any attempt at making it work into a gigantic clunkfest.

Suicune looks very cool, both art and gameplay-wise. Also, the amount of stuff hinting at a possible Skyfield-like effect printing in the near future keeps piling up.

LightYearLiam

Kyurem will at least be a fun meme if nothing else, and maybe even better than a meme...maybe?? Or at least on the upper end of meme decks?? I'm sort of grasping here, but I'm dying for another good single prize deck...

Oh, and Suicune looks cool. And pretty.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Suicune makes for a strong one-two punch combo with Ice Rider. You smack them for 260 then switch into this, get your draw and take the three prize knockout. If the opponent benches carelessly (or if you use Echoing Horn) you can repeatedly knock out Crobats with Suicune and not even need Calyrex.

Kyurem has potential in expanded at the very least.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
See, this is exactly why Melony had ZERO reason to be restricted to only V attackers.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that TPC thought that Kyurem hitting for somewhat high numbers - depending on your number of Froslass, Turbo Patch and Trumbeak - was such a game-breaking concept that they would outright prevent you from just adding 60 damage to your setup and some draw power. At least this way you could hit 120 in a single turn without any other additional bench setup in play. But hey, at least it can use the aforementioned stuff to become a somewhat interesting deck. You just need 6 energies to OHKO most V-maxes... - oh who am I kidding, this is gonna be meme-tier.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
This would go very well with Lapras VMAX. Lapras VMAX, a three-prize Stage 1, which can knock out anything with sufficient Energy Acceleration, and Suicune V, a two-prize Basic, which can knock out most Pokémon worth less than three prize cards for two Energy with a full board on both sides of the field? Perfect match. Not sure if two Pokémon make a toolbox, but if your Frosmoth doesn't get bossed, you can force your opponent to take 7-8 prize cards across 3 Pokémon.
P.S. This would also be a better solution to Zamazenta V than Lapras V. Lapras V does 210 damage for 4 Energy and returns half of those Energy to your hand. Zamazenta does 220 damage for two Energy and can be used again the next turn. Sure, you can't evolve it, and sure, you can't evolve it, and sure, neither Lapras V nor Suicune V can OHKO Zamazenta V, but Suicune V is definitely the superior option.

PokémonSpears

Aspiring Trainer
I seriously can't at how good the artwork is on every new set.

Before, I remember there would always be those arts that I would go like... okay, maybe I'll skip this, but now, every new artist and like, every card looks like a piece of art.

Kagemaru Himeno remains the best one. She has this ability to preserve the proportions and shapes from the official artwork, yet she gives them that in-motion effect that makes them so real.

I kinda wish I could pick my top 3 artists and have them draw every single Pokémon in their style, even if just for an artbook.

GameZech

Aspiring Trainer
everyone talking about the competivness with suicune but no ones talking about how beautiful the alt art is gunna be