'Eruption Walker' Japan's Mini-Set for April!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Chimecho3000 Aspiring Trainer
    Chimecho3000

Haha wasn't expecting Psychic canned food SR. I had anticipated the 2 item SRs were going to be the parasol and bell.

2. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

And the shiny rare is...
    THE MONKY!

OVERGRO and Swampert Full Art like this.
  3. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

I'd assume she'll be in a set with Gigantamax Machamp and/or other Fighting-type Pokemon

4. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

They never said anything of the sort with these gold rares. The only assumption is that they are giving them to competitively-worth mons so meta players have a chance to at least bling their entire mon line. You can't really have that expectation when the other two starter cards have little to none competitive value, that's how it is.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  5. Kaizaac Aspiring Trainer
    Kaizaac

I think they’re giving gold cards to the prerelease promos.

6. itsAdoggo yamperyamperyamper
    itsAdoggo

These all look really great except for Stunfisk - nothing against the pokemon or the card, but it just feels very plain.

7. Mudkip_Is_God Aspiring Trainer
    Mudkip_Is_God

That Grapploct is probably my favorite. Any Rillaboom card is just plain awesome.

OVERGRO and zigzag501 like this.
  8. Malavok Aspiring Trainer
    Malavok

Leaving cards out has pretty much been the standard in Pokemon TCG for a long while now, just like how Moltres EX never got a full art, while Articuno got many. I wouldn't be surprised if they left the others out.

9. Mimikeon Aspiring Trainer
    Mimikeon

Man, they are making some bad calls if they expected these gold Pokemon to be strong competitively.

10. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

The gold mons have already demonstrated their worth in meta - at least true for Frosmoth and Rillaboom.

zigzag501 likes this.
  11. Adam Kalamat Aspiring Trainer
    Adam Kalamat

Am I the only one who does not like the non V SR

12. Mimikeon Aspiring Trainer
    Mimikeon

I haven't tried Rillaboom, but consistent Frostmoth feels like an oxymoron.

13. SableyeGuy Aspiring Trainer
    SableyeGuy

theyre making golds of the prerelease promos

zigzag501 likes this.
  14. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

The pre-release promos are done because they think they are the best or most powerful single prized mons in the upcoming draft format, which is true for Frosmoth and Rillaboom.

zigzag501 likes this.
  15. AshCo Coming back with the BLOST
    AshCo

I don't expect it at all, that's why I've said they've left out Pokemon in a group before, many times. I'm just saying it'd be nice as someone who only likes the TCG for it's collectible aspects. The Pokemon getting SR's are most likely why you say they are, it's the same thing with why gold items even exist. I just think it would be nice if they did a gold starter trio-it'd be a nice little thing to collect that would look good together, akin to something like Ancient Origins' gold primals/Rayquaza. Most likely not going to happen, but it'd be nice to get things like that just a little more often.

Oh I agree, I never expect Pokemon to do things like that, especially these days, but it's still sometimes nice to think "hey, wouldn't this be cool if they did something like this?"
    I don't think them leaving out starters would be as big of a letdown as not giving every Mega or Legendary an EX when they were about this close to doing so, but I wasn't surprised that they left out some of them.

16. Swampert Full Art #GROOKEYGANG
    Swampert Full Art

[​IMG]

The [Shiny] MONKEY!

FireLizard and OVERGRO like this.
  17. jamashawalker Ikouze!
    jamashawalker

Both I can say from experience have alot of potential in the metagame, they were all just missing some key pieces.

Frosmoth- when playing Lapras VMAX I consisently found myself being one energy short of a KO. But water bucket should make that alot easier now.

Rillaboom- Grass box was missing power. Mewtwo+Dragonite was the closest we had but it felt limited. Rillaboom VMAX from testing is a pretty good card

Cincinno- we're going to get in the future and we know how great of a card that is. Even if cincinno mill goes away.

Perrserker- We don't know yet. Glad we got the Meowth that can evolve itself. In the future it can see some uses

OVERGRO likes this.
  18. Otaku The wise fool?
    Otaku

With all the major events canceled, it is a bit hard to verify that claim. I remember both being talked up quite a bit before their release outside of Japan... including by myself. The results I expected never materialized, though @jamashawalker seems right about what the decks were missing. I think. I hate to say it, but I've fallen behind at one of the worst times to rely on Theorymon and the results of others. XP

19. Kaizaac Aspiring Trainer
    Kaizaac

Huh, I thought they would do gold Coalossal or Flapple.

20. Clam Almost decent
    Clam

wait are they reusing background for the full arts?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?