News Errata Announced for Electrode from 'Evolutions'

I guess this is for when a Lightning Pokemon evolves or Ninja Boys into a non-Lightning Pokemon.

I'm confused by it.... It says "knock it out and attach it to a [L] pokemon." but then goes on to say "provides 2[L] energy only while this card is attach to a pokemon." This to me implies that it could be attached to any pokemon.

I'm confused by it.... It says "knock it out and attach it to a [L] pokemon." but then goes on to say "provides 2[L] energy only while this card is attach to a pokemon." This to me implies that it could be attached to any pokemon.
There are cards that can move energy cards from one Pokemon to another, like the upcoming Multi Switch. You'll have to attach Electrode initially to an electric Pokemon, but you can then use Multi Switch to move it to any other.

Isn't this in contradiction to how all other Special Energy is treated? I've been in many situations where someone would, for example, attach a Dangerous Energy to a Yveltal and then I might come in and use a Slowking to move the energy to their benched Garb and in doing that, the energy would go straight into the discard since it is required to be attached to a Darkness type 'mon. I mean, maybe this is what makes Electrode a super special energy - it must be initially attached to an electric 'mon but after that, it can be moved freely without consequence.

Isn't this in contradiction to how all other Special Energy is treated? I've been in many situations where someone would, for example, attach a Dangerous Energy to a Yveltal and then I might come in and use a Slowking to move the energy to their benched Garb and in doing that, the energy would go straight into the discard since it is required to be attached to a Darkness type 'mon. I mean, maybe this is what makes Electrode a super special energy - it must be initially attached to an electric 'mon but after that, it can be moved freely without consequence.

Plasma Energy, Double Colorless Energy, Rainbow Energy, and plenty of other examples that aren't legal anymore also don't have the requirement of being attached to a certain type of Pokemon.

I wonder if this was done for other languages.

EDIT: Just checked and found that German, Italian, and French all have corrected versions. I don't know about Spanish or Korean since I don't have those ones yet.

Last edited:
So basically, they made Electrode capable of providing Energy even if it somehow gets moved away from a Lightning 'mon (through something like Ninja Boy or Slowking). This is objectively a slight buff, but realistically, I don't see this errata mattering much at all.

Back