JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Entei and Articuno have been revealed from the Japanese set Incandescent Arcana, which releases in Japan on September 2nd. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Silver Tempest in November.
Entei – Fire – HP120
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Explosive Heat Dash
If this Pokemon has any [R] Energy attached, it has no Retreat Cost.
[C][C][C] Claw Slash: 90 damage.
Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 2

Articuno – Water – HP110
Basic Pokemon
[W] Ice Wing: 20 damage.
[W][W] Wild Freeze: 70...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

fleshrum

Cephalophore
articuno is great, 2 para attacks with respectable damage. more with healing or scoop effects. really solid aggro-control.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Articuno could be cool for something like Gym Leader Challenge and that's about it. I'm not sure if this is better than the Ancient Trait one, but auto-Paralyzing is pretty strong.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
Beautiful Articuno artwork. Let's see if Moltres and Zapdos compete with that. By the way, tonight it will be the full set revealed. :D

Last edited:

onkel_morten

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
The Articuno is interesting, I think if you can find a way to loop the Paralysis attack endlessly it can be very strong (like the Expanded Shock Lock deck). As it is you're going to run out of Scoop Up Nets/Hyper Potions and Energy Recyclers eventually.

LightYearLiam

Beautiful Articuno artwork! I'm not overly excited about either of the card's effects, but they're decently designed if not especially exciting or good. That Articuno will probably feature in a rogue deck or two due to the auto-paralysis.

SilverShady

Aspiring Trainer
Articuno could be insane in expanded with protection cube from flashfire. 70 for 2 W and guaranteed paralasis with no drawbacks? Definitely going to be toying with a deck around this concept!