English Plasma Gale ~ Why I think it won't be good.

Mudkip-EX

NERD!
I don't think English Plasma Gale will be a good set. Why? I have a rather large reason:
It's a 79 card set.
In recent years, TPCI has been unwilling to release full sets smaller than 90 cards or more. So, how will they release this set? By adding loads of Japanese Promos and Reprints, similar to Emerging Powers or Call of Legends. I can already tell you that Zapdos EX and Moltres EX from the Black Kyurem EX/White Kyurem EX decks will be in the set, due to TPCI wanting to have 6 EXs per set. The other cards that were removed from Boundaries Crossed will also likely be in this set. Whenever a set is full of cards that were not purposefully put in the Japanese set, it becomes a general mess. However, we still have a good four months, so we will see.
I would love to hear everybody else's opinions! :D
Keep in mind that this post is written by a collector, so playability doesn't really change my opinion!

RE: English Plasma Gale ~ Why I think it won't be too good.

Plasma Gale should be a really good set. Were likely going to get quite a few playable cards and usually our sets are two japanese sets combined.

exdarkrai01 said:
Plasma Gale should be a really good set. Were likely going to get quite a few playable cards and usually our sets are two japanese sets combined.

I collect Pokemon, so playability just means it will be harder for me to complete the set XD

If you are more of a collector, you should really hate Boundaries Crossed a lot more than the upcoming set. LMK when you have every FA and Secret Rare...

Plasma will be fine. The cards that were cut from the last set might not even make a big difference as they will be released in a different metagame. The next couple Plasma sets will bring a lot better cards than we have now anyway making me absolutely love the set.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
If you are more of a collector, you should really hate Boundaries Crossed a lot more than the upcoming set. LMK when you have every FA and Secret Rare...

Plasma will be fine. The cards that were cut from the last set might not even make a big difference as they will be released in a different metagame. The next couple Plasma sets will bring a lot better cards than we have now anyway making me absolutely love the set.

dmaster out.

I like the Plasma Gale EXs and Shinies, as well as the holos. I just dislike when they throw in too many extra cards.
Also, I hate Boundaries Crossed SO much... Freeze Bolt/Cold Flare were so awesome, I was genuinely excited. But, it just feels too Black and White Base-ish to me. And I dislike Black and White Base..

I think Plasma Gale will be a great set, with many playable cards.
Theres:

Cobalion EX
klinklang :)
Lugia EX
corless machine

These are just some of the awesome cards, and If I'm right,
they'll have:
escape rope
virbank
ether
bicycle :D

Also, with all the cards they left out of the other 3 sets used to combine into Boundaries Crosses, they'll filter into what will be the English "Plasma Gale".

The following were left out of Freeze Bolt:
- Combee
- Vespiqueen
- Swinub
- Piloswine
- Mamoswine
- Lunatone
- Escape Rope
- Viribank City Gym

Left out of Cold Flare:
- Sewaddle
- Swaddloon
- Levanny
- Joltik
- Galvantula
- Solrock
- Timburr
- Gurdurr
- Conkeldur
- Whismurr
- Loudred
- Exploud
- Bicycle
- Ether

Left out of National Beginning Set
- Riolu
- Lucario

So with all those cards added to the new Plasma Gale set. It should make for a regular size set?
Here's hoping TCPI releases all the above cards soon.

heero101086 said:
Also, with all the cards they left out of the other 3 sets used to combine into Boundaries Crosses, they'll filter into what will be the English "Plasma Gale".

The following were left out of Freeze Bolt:
- Combee
- Vespiqueen
- Swinub
- Piloswine
- Mamoswine
- Lunatone
- Escape Rope
- Viribank City Gym

Left out of Cold Flare:
- Sewaddle
- Swaddloon
- Levanny
- Joltik
- Galvantula
- Solrock
- Timburr
- Gurdurr
- Conkeldur
- Whismurr
- Loudred
- Exploud
- Bicycle
- Ether

Left out of National Beginning Set
- Riolu
- Lucario

So with all those cards added to the new Plasma Gale set. It should make for a regular size set?
Here's hoping TCPI releases all the above cards soon.

There's also the "Battle Strength Deck - Keldeo" Eviolite and the "Team Plasma Power Deck" mini-set.

We're getting Colress in this set. There won't be as much filler in this set as there is in Boundaries Crossed. This is the introduction to Plasma, which will be HUGE! This set should be great for players AND collectors.

I personally cannot wait for this set! The Plasma cards look very cool and I really want to get my hands on English versions of those EXs!

I honestly think Plasma Gale's American equivalent will be EXCELLENT!!

It'll have Colress, Plasma Energy, Plasma Frigate, Plasma Badge, Plasma Ball, and those are just the Trainers! It'll have Lugia EX, opening more donk potential, it'll have Kinklang [Plasma], allowing a Steel Immunity sort of Deck, we'll get Snorlax [Team Plasma] giving rise to a new Swarm Deck. The reprint Trainers will probably be really powerful, as opposed to the trashy filler of BC, like Eviolite, and Random Receiver!

I think this set will have a LOT of cards. Don't forget plasma gift set, plasma strength deck, and the black/white kyurem decks and the cards that were left out of BC.

I'm mostly looking forward to Colress since 1) THe full art is awesome and he has an awesome battle theme 2) It'll be benificial to the game since it gives a new drawing tool that can quickly become as good as PONT and similar cards that let you shuffle your hand instead of discarding it. However some decks like Dark Patch and Eels will still prefer Juniper. It also will probably be good in Empoleon decks, since thy already benifit from a high number of pokemon in play.

Also isn't there a Zapdos EX. FA hopefully?

Can't wait for Plasma Gale. I don't like making a mechanic that only works on certain pokemon, but I am tired with having to play with bianca as my 3rd draw supporter, so it's worth it. If TCPI decides to withhold colress like they did with ether/virbrank gym/escape rope, etc. then I will be pretty mad.

Aren't we getting a Format Change in August 2013? That most likely means there will be reprints in this set, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm led to believe NXD or DRX will be the rotation since DRX has Juniper and N reprints while NXD is the start of EXs. I think it could also be dragons since it is the start of dragons.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
I'm led to believe NXD or DRX will be the rotation since DRX has Juniper and N reprints while NXD is the start of EXs. I think it could also be dragons since it is the start of dragons.

It's NxD-on, I believe, since it brought EXs into the format. I think this is a very good rotation, but that's another topic.

Yeah, its pretty much guaranteed to be NxD on. I'll have to look into that format sometime to see if it will be a good rotation. Anyway, I hope that the Plasma Gale set will be good. I mean, there are so many cards that were left out from the last set that it was annoying to get a Potion in a pack. Plus, if they were to reprint the staple trainer cards, why wasn't Energy Search in there? Oh well, Plasma Gale should be our best BW set to date so far besides Dragons Exalted.

Plasma STORM, not gale. Besides, it introduces the new SP: plasma *Noooooooooooooooo!*

PMysterious said:
Yeah, its pretty much guaranteed to be NxD on. I'll have to look into that format sometime to see if it will be a good rotation. Anyway, I hope that the Plasma Gale set will be good. I mean, there are so many cards that were left out from the last set that it was annoying to get a Potion in a pack. Plus, if they were to reprint the staple trainer cards, why wasn't Energy Search in there? Oh well, Plasma Gale should be our best BW set to date so far besides Dragons Exalted.

Energy search was in boundaries crossed.

Back