BW/BW2 English names for the starters

Playerking95 said:
Lol and how about ravenclaw for the new wargle, get it harry potter, slifern. Nah only kidding but i honestly do not like smugleaf but snivy is alright.

LOL oh wow I didn't realize that Silfern sounded like Slytherin XDDD

kangaskhan said:
i think every name suggested here is terrible tbh

people are just brainstorming for random words that kind of relate to the pokemon and putting them together

there's no real thought going in to these names

True that the names might be bad, but none of us are experts. However I kind of like this thread because we can see different names for them and also learn more about the pokemon.

On a more on-topic note, I'd love for mijumaru's evo to be called Tidekwon. But only if it's water/fighting. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

My Guess:

Pokabu: Pyroink (or) Piglet
Tsutarja: Slivy (or) Snivy
Mijumaru: Wotter (or) Cubble

2nd Form's Name

TBA (Pokabu's 1st): Warmhog
TBA (Tsutarja's 1st): Palmbra
TBA (Mijumaru's 1st): Karotter

TBA (Pokabu's 2nd) Blazorback
TBA (Tsutarja's 2nd) ??
TBA (Mijumaru's 2nd) Nepottune

kangaskhan said:

people are just brainstorming for random words that kind of relate to the pokemon and putting them together

That's a little harsh; I think Cubble is a very nice and practical name for Mijumaru.

THE WATER TYPE COULD VERY WELL POSSIBLY BE WOTTER!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA OMG that would rock. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Wotter. HAHAHA

I just thought a good name for pokabu is Kinlet!
(kindle+piglet)
Sorry if someone has said this but I just thought of it.

kangaskhan said:

I put a genuine amount of thought into Arpaz, TYVM. u_u

I really like the fake English name for Tsutarja, Smugleaf. I've heard it so often that I don't care about its official name anymore. Tsutarja IS Smugleaf! Thank God there's the nickname feature. :D
Wotter, on the other hand, doesn't appeal to me at all. Mijumaru deserves a much better name. Well, Cubble is really cute. Go, Cubble!
Hmm, AFAIK there's no inofficial name for Pokabu. I guess it's pretty hard to come up with a good one and the suggestions here are also "meh" in the best case. I just leave this one to Game Freak and pray that they're gonna find a cool name, haha. :p

kangaskhan said:

MEH.Try to make a good name to see if you have real thought in your names. :mad:

ZoroarkDude24 said:
Pyrine (Py-er-Wyne)/(Pyro/Swine)
Shelott (Shell/Otter) (Shel-lot)
Raptree (Raptor/Tree)

Shellot is too close to Shellos, from Gen IV.
Also, Smugleaf isn't a Raptor; it's a snake.
Pyrine isn't a bad name, though.

the names quoted before me arent to good imo. i like piglit (a baby pig and fire in a single name)
wotter is also good and smugleaf needs a new name.... how about treeko? /sarcasm

cubble is nice and so is snivy. but cobra should be put first so it doesnt sound like fernbra or vinbra. sorry i cant help though, i only get non starter names

If Tsutarja ends up as Smugleaf, I'm taking the internet away from the namers.

Snivy
Ovig (oven + pig)
Ottell

piglit makes more sense begause a piglit is a basic/baby pig and lit has to do with a flame. wotter is self explained and makes sense. smugleaf will change to vineaf or something. the 2 words that go together start/end on the same letter ie squirt and tle from turtle

Back