BW/BW2 English Names For Revealed Pokemon

I am really hating the name Snivy. It's just combining Snake with Ivy. I dont think PUSA(I know it's been changed, so don't even try) would be THAT uncreative. But I don't have any other name suggestions, I have to see more about it to try. =/

WOW, there's a lot of new stuff!

Wooguru- Eaglear (Eagle+war)
Munna- Darn! Gotta revisit! Tireed
Musharna- Darn! Munna doesn't evolve into Drowzee! *sigh...* Sleepii (because it's asleep :p )
Musharna's evo- THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED! I'm just hoping there is one so this naming system works. Oocee (Stands for out cold) (pronounced O.C.)
Gochiruzeru- I've got a more realistic name for it: Cellreen (Cell+green)
Kibago- I've got a more realistic name for it: Fansau (Fang+dinosaur-r) (Pronounced "fan-sao")
Koromori- Still as before: Puffat
Minezumi- Chipree (Based on chipmunk)
Unnamed in commercial- I really need to know more about it.

it's probably not going to be oocee because it sounds too much like OD and OCD. i think that munna going to be munna. thats all i have to say.

Uug... the names are mixed up and some of my names are based off incorrect information. Here's the fixes:

Gochiruzeru- The gothic one: Gotiselle (Gothic+madmoiselle) (what it's name derives from in Japan)
Rankurusu- The green blob: Chaonculus (Chaos+homunculus) (what it's name derives from in Japan)

I'm going to go ahead right now and predict that Mamepato will be called "Fledgeon". (Fledgling Pidgeon) It makes perfect sense considering it's a "baby pidgeon" and both words contain that "-ign" sound.

Gochiruzerus english guess: Gotchick (goth+chick)
Rankurusus english guess: Celbear (cell+waterbear)
Wargle english guess: Wargle (keep its name)
Kibago english guess: Tuskewee (tusk+peewee)
Koromori english guess: Batton (bat+cotton)
Minezumi english guess: Chitooth (chipmunk+tooth)
Musharna english guess: Smomara (smoke+nightmare(with a instead of e))

All, just not Gotchick, is random found up XD

Gochiruzerus english guess: Gothica (Psyhic+Goth) including an a
Rankurusus english guess: Babush (Baby+Bush)
Wargle english guess: just Wargle (War+Eagle)
Kibago english guess: Tusktile (Buck+Reptile)
Koromori english guess: Woolbat (Wool+Bat)
Minezumi english guess: Chipbuck (Chipmunk+Buck)
Musharna english guess: Nightmara (Nightmare+a)

i don't think that any of these will be real because GF doesn't base their English names of two combined words.

x598 said:
i don't think that any of these will be real because GF doesn't base their English names of two combined words.

Heracross. Magikarp. Tyranitar. Pikachu. Raichu. Bulbasaur. Ivysaur. Venusaur. Charmeleon. Charizard. Squirtle. Blastoise. Chimchar. Turtwig. Grotle. Torterra. Empoleon. Voltorb. Magnezone. Tangrowth.

A LOT are made of two combined words.

x598 said:

Ummm...what?

That's EXACTLY what they do with almost all their names.

StellaTheSneasel said:
I think that it's obvious Wooguru is staying "Wargle" in America.

Eh... I hope they don't... That sounds like an awkward euphemism for something that doesn't make sense as it is. o_O

But I'll live.

Minezumi is NOT a chipmunk you newbz. >.>

A chipmunk's tail is relatively long and bushy. Minezumi's tail is short and has a burst of fur on the end. I don't have any idea what other rodent it could be, but certainly it is not a chipmunk. Its color and fur patterns do not match that of a chipmunk, either.

As for English names, I think "Crocodune" and "Wargle" are very likely names. Not fond of "Wargle" though. Sounds too much like "Wargull", suggesting it is a Seagull; which it obviously is not. "Snivy" sounds reeeeeaaaalllly dumb. Too short compared to past gen names. "Pusa" is even more horrible. I'm all for "Smugleaf", "Pignition", and "Wotter". XD

SPM3 said:
Minezumi is NOT a chipmunk you newbz. >.>

A chipmunk's tail is relatively long and bushy. Minezumi's tail is short and has a burst of fur on the end. I don't have any idea what other rodent it could be, but certainly it is not a chipmunk. Its color and fur patterns do not match that of a chipmunk, either.

As for English names, I think "Crocodune" and "Wargle" are very likely names. Not fond of "Wargle" though. Sounds too much like "Wargull", suggesting it is a Seagull; which it obviously is not. "Snivy" sounds reeeeeaaaalllly dumb. Too short compared to past gen names. "Pusa" is even more horrible. I'm all for "Smugleaf", "Pignition", and "Wotter". XD

Ahh, I agree! I thought "Wargle" looked very english, but I thought it was get up. Minezumi has a Chipmunk's face but I never presumed it to be one because of his tail. :b

Here goes my ideas:)

Tsutaja - Smugleaf (I have to agree :3 )
Pokabu - Piglit (Pig + lit (fire flick) plus of piglet, a baby pig)
Mijumaru - Wotter (sounds like water plus he's an otter) or mr. McUgly
Chiraamii - Chincheer (chinchilla + cheer... don't ask o_O)
Munna - Flumber (sounds dumb but float + slumber)
Musharna - idk
Gear - Gear
Mamepato - Flidgeon (fly + little + pidgeon)
Hihidaruma - idk its too ugly to think about
Shimama - Zabra (zap + zebra) or zapra
Meguroko - Crocodune
Rankurusu - Cytoplasma (idk)
Gochiruzeru - Gothmaid idk
Koromori - Fuzzlebat
Kibago - Mintusk (mint color + his tusks + he's little)
Minezumi - Psychorat lol idk either
Wooguru - Wargle
Ononokusu - Dinaxus (idk either)
Desukaan - from a friend's idea of sarcophoghost
Mamanbo - Airdisc
Hatoopoo - Peadgon (pidgeon + peacock)

it wont be smugleaf because its too similar to nuzleaf
and snivy is really pathetic
it sounds like a 3 year old thought of it

pignition sounds really stupid as well it sounds like some sort of machine

and wotter... it just sounds like water
so no.. it wont be that

I really hope the names don't end up like the names which are 'suggested' here.

GameFreak won't agree by taking two simple words that are in some way related to the Pokemon. These words, which make up the Pokemon's name, also are known to be in other languages or have a mythical / cultural background we may not be aware of. And since I see people already using names as 'Smugleaf' (lol?) and 'Pignition' I already can see the moment coming where the English names will be revealed, yet a large group will refute these names and claim their own to be more 'original' or better. There are so many possibilities, I even dare to bet none of you will guess at least one right. But if you really want to make up some names, put some more effort in please.

Offtopic: So what if Seagull sounds like eagle. It's called Wargle because of eagle not seagull. Ontopic:Tuskut(Tusk+Cut) for Kibago. Also Piggas(Pig+gas) for the fire, Pondotter(Pond+otter) for MIjumaru and slivine(sliver+vine) for the grass starter. Or for the fire Swire(Swine+fire).

Back