• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Empoleon/Roserade

Thejackster52

A TCG Dark Horse
Hello again everyone, Long time no post

Since my last thread Uk nationals have come and gona (Top 8 :D ) and Dragons Exalted has been announced. So ive been testing for that for the past few weeks and my friend suggested Empoleon Roserade to me. Ive tried it and it is really good and wondered for a few more opinions. So heres the list:

POKEMON [18]

4-2-4 Empoleon
2-2 Roserade
4 Emolga

T/T/S/S [32]

4 Juniper
4 N
4 Cheren
4 Rare Candy
4 Catcher
4 Level Ball
2 Pokemon COmmunication
2 Super Rod
2 Switch
2 Large Cloak

ENERGY [10]

10 Water

TOTAL [60]

The whole point of this deck is to get a T2 Empoleon, and then just keep streaming them with Le Parfum and Diving Draw.

All help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thejackster52 (Jack)

Consider some techs to tip the game in your favour in unfavourable match ups.

Mew EX can be quite 'versatile' in this deck. With other techs, such as Terrakion in here, one Prism energy or Blend Energy on Mew EX allows it to use Attack Command from Empoleon but also be prepared for opposing Mewtwo drops.

From what I've tested, 4 Juniper is overkill and isn't necessary imo. With Diving Draw, you should be getting more than enough cards. Consider dropping them down to just 1 or 2 to help you get out of those bad starts in place of more Pokemon Communications or Ultra Balls. In my build I like the split of Ultra Ball and Level Ball to help easily search out everything that I need. It also allows for more effective Biancas when I need to refill my hand.

Don't understand the Large Cloaks in here, they're not really saving you from crucial OHKOs or 2HKOs. But on that note, don't forget that Roserade allows for you to search for any card. That allows you to take advantage of having specific 1 of cards that can definitely help you out in bad situations. Cards like Plus Power, Tool Scrapper, Max Potion, Enhanced or Crushing Hammer can all be great additions to the deck and are just fine as having it as a 1 of because of the ability to search them whenever you like.

Well, try this:

-2 Junniper
-2 Communcation
-2 Large Cloak
-1 Emolga
-1 Cheren
-1 Super Rod
Total: -9

+1 Mew EX
+2 Tool Scrapper
+4 Max potion
+2 Crushing Hammer
Total: +9

It will work pretty well ^^

I like the synergy of the deck, but I really can't help but feel it's autoloss to any Zekrom variant. Personally, I feel that Terrakion is the better play, with Mew EX as a counter to Mewtwo. I would feel far too vulnerable playing with Roserade myself.

Thank you all for your suggestions, but I agree, I do much prefer Empoleon Terrakion so as far as Im concerned, Ill be posting a list for this later tonight, thank you all once again :)

Instead of Terrakion, consider taking out 2 Emolga for Stunfisk DRX, it allows you to Donk Tynamo's and makes the match-up WAY better. If you're getting taken out early, Stunfisk can help stall Raikou's, Eels, and Zekrom EX. And I know it's an odd change, but try adding in 2 Grass Energy. Here's why, Against the mirror or a Terrakion version, Roserade is god. It's resistant to Empoleon, and can stall so much. The only problem is that he's flippy, but even then, that 30 damage can be very useful. You can aslo Paralock your opponent which can help when you need that one turn to set up. Also, Prinplup isn't needed because of Roserade's speed. I have a 2-2 Roserade line, and a 4-0-4 Empoleon line, and I get a full bench by T2. I do feel that the fourth Cheren and 10 energy is a bit overkill.

In all, these are my suggestions:

-2 Prinplup (Yes it's needed for Empoleon, but you can get Empoleon easier with Roserade)
-2 Emolga (4 is too much, yes you want a big bench, but you can get it with Empoleon's draw power and your supporters.)
-3 Water Energy (Empoleon only needs one energy, and you're using four, along with Emolga which needs one, plus of you add in 4 Blend and 2 Grass, that's 10 for Empoleon, 12 for Stunfisk, twelve for Emolga, and Twelve for Roserade.)
-1 Cheren (Un-needed since you have Empoleon and 8 other supporters, with Roserade.)

+2 Stunfisk (Amazing starter, helps against the Eels, and great against Terrakion)
+2 Grass Energy (Roserade is an amazing attacker)
+4 Blend WMFL (Stunfisk, Emolga, Roserade and Empoleon can all use it.

As for Large Cloak, Hydregion, and Garchomp (2 Altaria's) can EASILY OHKO Empoleon, but Large cloak puts him out of range of OHKO.

Emopanda133 said:
Instead of Terrakion, consider taking out 2 Emolga for Stunfisk DRX, it allows you to Donk Tynamo's and makes the match-up WAY better. If you're getting taken out early, Stunfisk can help stall Raikou's, Eels, and Zekrom EX. And I know it's an odd change, but try adding in 2 Grass Energy. Here's why, Against the mirror or a Terrakion version, Roserade is god. It's resistant to Empoleon, and can stall so much. The only problem is that he's flippy, but even then, that 30 damage can be very useful. You can aslo Paralock your opponent which can help when you need that one turn to set up. Also, Prinplup isn't needed because of Roserade's speed. I have a 2-2 Roserade line, and a 4-0-4 Empoleon line, and I get a full bench by T2. I do feel that the fourth Cheren and 10 energy is a bit overkill.

In all, these are my suggestions:

-2 Prinplup (Yes it's needed for Empoleon, but you can get Empoleon easier with Roserade)
-2 Emolga (4 is too much, yes you want a big bench, but you can get it with Empoleon's draw power and your supporters.)
-3 Water Energy (Empoleon only needs one energy, and you're using four, along with Emolga which needs one, plus of you add in 4 Blend and 2 Grass, that's 10 for Empoleon, 12 for Stunfisk, twelve for Emolga, and Twelve for Roserade.)
-1 Cheren (Un-needed since you have Empoleon and 8 other supporters, with Roserade.)

+2 Stunfisk (Amazing starter, helps against the Eels, and great against Terrakion)
+2 Grass Energy (Roserade is an amazing attacker)
+4 Blend WMFL (Stunfisk, Emolga, Roserade and Empoleon can all use it.

As for Large Cloak, Hydregion, and Garchomp (2 Altaria's) can EASILY OHKO Empoleon, but Large cloak puts him out of range of OHKO.

Blend WMFL doesnt help roserade attack (just putting it out there)

Back