'Eevee Heroes' TCG Set to Feature All Eeveelutions as Pokemon V, Plus Gengar / Inteleon VMAX Decks!

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Weak to Fire... weakness standardization was a mistake.

Agree to disagree. Gameplay > Flavor. In an ideal world we aim for both, but if concessions have to be made, gameplay should always come first, and the changes were definitely for the best, a more streamlined type chart for the tcg is what allowed for the triangles of fight>dark>psychic and water>fire>metal that are shaping up in the upcoming format to exist. In a game where weaknesses are such an integral and pivotal part of the game, we cannot have nonsense like dragon and fairy making everything akward to work with for instance. It's sad from a flavor perspective that we cannot have separate types for them, but it's no more sad than having to accept ground and rock as fighting types as we always did.

For me, x2 weaknesses are a lazy way to balance the game and keep things in check, I would much rather have it be +30 for single-prizers and +60 for multi-prizers or something like that, that way it would't have such a heavy role in the balancing of the game and could be more loosely used. But as long as they don't do it and keep the x2 paradigm, the standardization is a godsend.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
Rule Box also includes single prizers like BREAKs, Level X, Prism Stars and (some) Pokemon LEGEND, i think once the rotation hits the term will be used less sparingly

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
also as for Trainer cards like Melony, they can just print a new one with the same name and it automatically erratas the old version (Quick Ball, Great Ball, Pokemon Catcher, as well as Master Ball being errata'd to not only change its effect but also become an Ace Spec. Master Ball used to be Great Ball and Great Ball used to be Nest Ball)

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Which was a mistake in the Sun and Moon sets too.
Actually,Weakness and Resistance since XY(or Sun and Moon?)is based on generic types,not the Pokèmon original Weaknesses and Resistance.
For example,Houndoom SS is weak to Grass instead of Water or Fighting,they couldn't make different types of Weakness and Resistance.
The exception of this are Flying type Pokèmon.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Treasure Energy is pretty interesting, obviously effects that trigger from prizes need to be toned down for balance, but some acceleration is nothing to scoff at. The fact that you can play it normally is also a bonus.

On the other hand, Dream Ball is pretty bad, because it's just a dead card on your hand. If it was a bad Ball when played regularly and then have the from-prize effect as a bonus, it'd be much more exciting.

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Treasure Energy is pretty interesting, obviously effects that trigger from prizes need to be toned down for balance, but some acceleration is nothing to scoff at. The fact that you can play it normally is also a bonus.

On the other hand, Dream Ball is pretty bad, because it's just a dead card on your hand. If it was a bad Ball when played regularly and then have the from-prize effect as a bonus, it'd be much more exciting.

You forget one thing with dream ball: direct to bench for any pokemon. Never stated basic. So... Peonia+dream ball could get into a stage 2. Get multiple off, you could end up with a very interesting engine with dream ball... Oh, and guru+Mr. Mime is still is a thing.

ThatUnlimitedProfessor

Aspiring Trainer
Dream Ball is amazing. ANY Pokemon to the bench? If you can manipulate your prize cards, this is really good for a late game stage-2 attacker or supporter pokemon.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I love the prize card gimmik. Could be interesting to see if any main stream deck makes use of them.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
You forget one thing with dream ball: direct to bench for any pokemon. Never stated basic. So... Peonia+dream ball could get into a stage 2. Get multiple off, you could end up with a very interesting engine with dream ball.
Yeah, I've took it into account, but it feels too wishful for me. Like Rose, Peonia is hardly an engine. If your set-up requires that you knock out your opponent (preferably VMAX) while having time to play a Supporter with zero card advantage and having 2-3 specific, dead cards on your hand... I don't see it. Don't you need to shuffle your prizes as well, after using Peonia?

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
I don't expect those to see any serious competitive use, but at last they have fun and well design effects and that change from the bland stream we had recently.

"You can play this card only if you drew it as a face down Prize card" will prevent you from using Town Map right?

Also remember that Jirachi prism Star had an effect that looks like those cards, but gave directly a prize, and it was never played.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I don't expect those to see any serious competitive use, but at last they have fun and well design effects and that change from the bland stream we had recently.

"You can play this card only if you drew it as a face down Prize card" will prevent you from using Town Map right?

Also remember that Jirachi prism Star had an effect that looks like those cards, but gave directly a prize, and it was never played.
I think you missed the part where it actually was played. Jirachi prism star + mr. mime + oranguru with turbo zacian was a very good deck.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Actually,Weakness and Resistance since XY(or Sun and Moon?)is based on generic types,not the Pokèmon original Weaknesses and Resistance.
For example,Houndoom SS is weak to Grass instead of Water or Fighting,they couldn't make different types of Weakness and Resistance.
The exception of this are Flying type Pokèmon.
Which is why it was a mistake. Not a mistake as in an accident, but as in a bad decision.