Eevee, Espeon, Umbreon from “Ruler of the Black Flame!”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Eevee, Espeon, and Umbreon were revealed from the Japanese set SV3 Ruler of the Black Flame, which releases in Japan on July 28th and will form part of our Obsidian Flames set in August.
Eevee – Colorless – HP70
Basic Pokémon
[C] Cheer Up: Attach an Energy card from your hand to 1 of your Pokémon.
[C][C] Kick: 20 damage.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 1

Espeon – Psychic – HP110
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee
[P] Psychic Assault: 30+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each damage...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Please let this be a sign that they'll start printing cards like telescopic sight for SV! We need snipe supports! Could also set up more insentive for the Tera hype! ?? I mean, there's Starmie, but still..

* Stage 2 ability: Double the amount of damage done by your pokemon's attacks to your opponent's benched pokemon.

Last edited:
Seems like they want a reversal eeveelution deck to be a thing badly, too bad the cards just aren't good enough

The Espeon artwork I find a bit boring, but I love the Umbreon one.
I also expect some of them to have Art Rares, which might finally add a bit more to the set from a collector's side.

It's a shame that Eevee is the most useful one out of the bunch, can see it being used in GLC, but the others have sooo little going for them.

It's a shame that Eevee is the most useful one out of the bunch, can see it being used in GLC, but the others have sooo little going for them.
Doubt it would be useful in GLC, given it can’t evolve … not really worth playing a Pokémon and attaching to it just to get a free attach.

The Umbreon has a pretty cool attack, but 50 damage is just too low to be useful for any format.

Umbreon is mistranslated, feint attack should ignore all effects on the defending Pokemon not your opponent's active.

since X and y the defending Pokemon is the Pokemon targeted by an attack which can include benched Pokemon.

Back