EDIT: Need support for the chatroom

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
Ok, so here I am expressing concern for a piece of the forums, the chatroom and its inactivity.

There could be a number of reasons why this problem exists.  Here are two.

1. People don't know how to access it/have problems accessing it.

Well, it's the tab right next to the forums, so that's simple.  But I have a feeling a lot of Error messages are keeping people from getting in, possibly.  Well, if that's the case, please make note of that in this thread.  We'll see what we can do.

2. The chatroom isn't advertised enough.

Another problem (and the main one that the rest of the staff could agree on) is that it's not advertised enough, and therefore perceived as dead.  Well folks, it's only as dead as you make it, and we'd all love for you to come in and say hi.

With that, I also would like to outline some of the possiblities that the chatroom could be used for.

1. A place to talk with friends in real time.

The forums are ok to communicate with, but the chatroom makes things even faster.  Conversations that could take up to half an hour to corrospond could take just a few minutes in the chatroom.  In fact, within a half-hour of using the chatroom, you'd be surprised how much could potentially be discussed.

2. A place to negotiate D/P Wifi trades/battles.

I think WPM advertised the chatroom for this capability before.  And yes, it sounds that simple.  Again, it's a lot faster to discuss things in a chatroom than on a message board, purely for the instantaneous responses you'll receive.

3. A place to discuss the forums with the Moderators.

While this won't happen all too often, members can pop in to express their concerns for certain aspects for the forums, and a lot more quickly, again for being a chatroom.

4. Weekly quizzes/games.

A feature that was missed was "Pory_Jr" the Quizbot, and the chat has needed it ever since.  This may come back in the future, it all depends on how many people appear in the chatroom!

If you have any questions, comments, anything, please feel free to post in this thread.

-Holy Star

RE: AGH!!! The death of the chatroom is near, help it out now!

yeah, It wouldnt load for me....told me I needed to download a bunch of stuff...even tried to download the stuff and it still didnt work. I'd go on there, but it wont load!

Black Rayquaza said:
yeah, It wouldnt load for me....told me I needed to download a bunch of stuff...even tried to download the stuff and it still didnt work. I'd go on there, but it wont load!

Eh, just use pokebeach.com/chat, it's easier to start out, unless you don't have JAVA.

Black Rayquaza, could you tell us what exactly it wanted you to download?

lemme check real quick and edit....maybe I can now :D

EDIT: First of all, I think I tried this before....I downloaded Java and it didnt load. I JUST DOWNLOADED it again, and it still work load.....now heres my question. Do I need to have Java AND Mirc downloaded on my computer for it to work? This chat room must be VERY NICE, as this takes a long time to get going.....at least for me.

all you hafe to do is go to pokebeac.com.
then you hafe to goto chat.
then you are tere!!!

^ Well yes, but if you read the posts B-ray has gone to the chat and it still didn't work.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

bacon said:
^ Well yes, but if you read the posts B-ray has gone to the chat and it still didn't work.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I remember having a problem with that but my Dad fixed it. I forgot how though...

Black Rayquaza said:
lemme check real quick and edit....maybe I can now :D

EDIT: First of all, I think I tried this before....I downloaded Java and it didnt load. I JUST DOWNLOADED it again, and it still work load.....now heres my question. Do I need to have Java AND Mirc downloaded on my computer for it to work? This chat room must be VERY NICE, as this takes a long time to get going.....at least for me.
No, Java is used for the chat on the site while mIRC is a seperate program that can also get you to the chatroom.

I have been suggested to use mIRC. I though I'd give it a try and it changed my life! Believe it or not, but you need mIRC.

mIRC has opened doors to me I never thought would open, it has been so useful, I can't live without it.

Ok, you could be among the many people who have enjoyed mIRC. buy it now for only 99.99. CALL NOW and get this free vacuum cleaner!

Back