eBay scams: Opinion of WC cards being sold?

Lucario_aura_wielder

Aspiring Trainer
what do think of the situation of people selling wc luxray xs for a bunch page for example

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=luxray+gl+x&_sacat=0&_odkw=espeon+umbreon+box&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

RE: ebay scams

If they don't tell you it is World Championship and not a tournament legal/real card you can return it under ebay/paypal's buyer protection policy with a significantly not as described claim. So, it can use up your money for a bit, but for all the harm it is still doing some good as it causes some sellers to lower the price of their real Luxray if they are not knowledgeable. For example I just got a Luxray GL Lv. X (Confirmed by seller as being not WC, so if it is he will ...use your imagination...) for $23 shipped with an additional random Lv. X. Besides, I can point out a WC Lv. X card a mile away, the blank silver border and signature are dead giveaway's.

Edit: And on a side note, since this is an ebay thread (mod's can slap me if I can't do this) there is currently an Uxie Lv. X (Real) for $28.50 shipped (buy-it-now) on ebay. Just a heads up to anyone that isn't broke like me XD.

Cimurph said:
If they don't tell you it is World Championship and not a tournament legal/real card you can return it under ebay/paypal's buyer protection policy with a significantly not as described claim. So, it can use up your money for a bit, but for all the harm it is still doing some good as it causes some sellers to lower the price of their real Luxray if they are not knowledgeable. For example I just got a Luxray GL Lv. X (Confirmed by seller as being not WC, so if it is he will ...use your imagination...) for $23 shipped with an additional random Lv. X. Besides, I can point out a WC Lv. X card a mile away, the blank silver border and signature are dead giveaway's.

Edit: And on a side note, since this is an ebay thread (mod's can slap me if I can't do this) there is currently an Uxie Lv. X (Real) for $28.50 shipped (buy-it-now) on ebay. Just a heads up to anyone that isn't broke like me XD.

i dont see it
or did it sell that fast? XD

Cimurph said:

So you're proposing we voluntarily fall for their trap so we can maybe lose all our money? Sounds like a bad plan to me.

Also, I didn't see the uxie you were talking about.

I feel ashamed at Ebay.They have absolute corruption in there sells.When will the world change.:(

Luigibuster8989 said:
I feel ashamed at Ebay.They have absolute corruption in there sells.When will the world change.:(

....at least they well give you money back unlike this other auction site (forgot the name) where you have to spend like $30 to get like 30 bids and if you don't win the auction you don't get your money back for the bids.

Cimurph said:
....at least they well give you money back unlike this other auction site (forgot the name) where you have to spend like $30 to get like 30 bids and if you don't win the auction you don't get your money back for the bids.

I guess your correct there but there will always be moral corruption in bidding sites like ebay or whatever.

I dislike Ebay, but I can kind of see why someone would do this. Basically, here is my way of explaining it.

Seller wants money
Seller walks into Wal-Mart
Seller sees the WC deck
Seller thinks of little kids that like Pokemon
Seller thinks of the money they can get
Seller buys the WC deck
Seller puts the cards on Ebay.
Bid period ends
Seller makes money
Seller is happy

The seller never once thought about competitve players, because Pokemon is viewed as a collectable game for kids.

Kraai said:
I stay far away from ebay.

Too many bootlegs/dishonest sellers.

And this is for everything and anything.

But by dealing with good sellers you can get items you would not have an opportunity to buy.

RE: ebay scams Opinion of WC cards being sold?

Let's keep on topic. Just discuss the WC cards being sold on ebay, guys. Not ebay in general (feel free to make a thread in miscellanea covering everything about ebay if you want).

dmaster out.

a bit off topic but do u think its a good idea for worlds decks to be made? also who changed the topic name?

I did, people were getting offtopic.

dmaster out.

theres nothing to worry about on ebay scams. first off, the majority of sellers are not there to scam people.
its very easy to tell a WC card from the regular pack ones, and you should always read the description.
You always buy from trusted sellers with 100% positive feedback.
If something were to happen, ebay/paypal both have resolution centers that work very effectively (i've used them before)
IMO, ebay is a great place to shop around and find great deals on pokemon tcg as well as anything else u want

ogeray said:
theres nothing to worry about on ebay scams. first off, the majority of sellers are not there to scam people.
its very easy to tell a WC card from the regular pack ones, and you should always read the description.
If something were to happen, ebay/paypal both have resolution centers that work very effectively (i've used them before)
IMO, ebay is a great place to shop around and find great deals on pokemon tcg as well as anything else u want

I agree 100% and fyi Ebay and Paypal are the same people.

ogeray said:

The problem is people who aren't as knowledgeable as you. I've talked to parents who bought their kids a words card accidentally. Its not fair to them, because they don't know the difference. And since its NOT a fake card, they can get away with it as long as they put a tiny "WC" or "promo" in the description. You can't do anything about it if you blink and miss it. Some of them don't even notice they got scammed until after they leave feedback, and can't even complain, let alone get their money back.

I've posted this before, but this is the auction that really gets under my skin.

The problem is where the scan is of a legit luxray x, and then in the description in the smallest text available it says its a WC card.

Jahikoi said:
The problem is where the scan is of a legit luxray x, and then in the description in the smallest text available it says its a WC card.

Well to be accurate, its not a WC scan or a legit scan. Its the official artwork that was released as a teaser before RR came out. So still deceptive.

Jahikoi said:

I need to ask, do you usually buy things without reading what it is first? Maybe that is why I don't see any problem here as I read to make sure what I think I am buying is what I am actually buying, but maybe that's just me.

I think it's sick. People who know that they are ripping kids off are total jerks. It's the biggest scam since... ever.

Back