TCG Fakes Earthoul's Text-Based Fakes - Current: Random/Requests

Earthoul

Inside Shadow Storm
Welcome to Earthoul's Fakes! I've decided to have my own thread here for a storehouse of my ideas of text-based fake PTCG cards, including my entry(s) to CaC.

I love this Forum all the better for our acknowledged judges/experts on wording, feasibility, etc. Please feel free to point out anything you find weird or wrong as well as giving me your reactions, remarks, requests, recommendations, and so on. Yes, I'm sure that interaction of this sort will accelerate my progress.

Earthoul's Current Lv.
Gimme Rare Candies! #DoItYourself
  1. Random from brainstorming: 6 done
  2. Entry for CaC: 1 Gold
  3. Reception of requests: 2 done/2 received
  4. And next...?

1. Random Cards (newest to oldest)
XY Era
Magneton – HP80 – Metal
STAGE 1
081.png
Evolved from Magnemite

magneton.gif

Ability Triadic Zone
If you have Magnemite, Magneton, and Magnezone in play (including this Pokémon) and each of them has any Energy attached to it, each of their attacks costs [M] less and damage from those attacks isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[M][M][C] Messianic Force 20+
This attack does 10 damage more for each Magnemite in play (both yours and your opponent's) and 30 damage more for each Magneton and Magnezone in play (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness: Fire ×2
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: [C][C]

Three Magnemite are linked by a strong magnetic force. Earaches will occur if you get too close.
Magnemite – HP50 – Metal
BASIC
magnemite.gif

[M] Triadic Foundation
Search your deck for Magnemite and a [M] Energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you have exactly 3 Magnemite in play (including this Pokémon) and each of them has any Energy attached to it, search your deck for Magnezone and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[M][C] Messianic Purgation 20
Flip a coin for each Magnezone on your Bench. For each heads, discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: [C]

The units at the sides of its body generate antigravity energy to keep it aloft in the air.
Carbink – HP70 – Fairy
BASIC
carbink.gif

[Y] Loyal Emission 10
If you have any Pokémon with Diancie in its name on your Bench, discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[Y][Y][Y] Royal Reception
Put M Diancie-EX from your hand onto your Bench and move all basic Energy attached to this Pokémon to that M Diancie-EX. Then, you may discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out). If you have no Pokémon with Carbink in its name on your Bench, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Metal ×2
Resistance: Dark -20

Born from temperatures and pressures deep underground, it fires beams from the stone in its head.
Cradily – HP130 – Grass
STAGE 1
345.png
Evolves from Lileep

cradily.gif

[C][C] Sandstorm Shot 50
If this Pokémon has any [F] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon has no Weakness and any damage done to it by attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance) during your opponent's next turn.

[G][G][C] Desert Drain 70+
You may discard a [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, before doing damage, discard a [W] Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. This attack does 30 more damage for each of your opponent's Energy discarded in this way. Then, heal from this Pokémon 30 damage times the amount of your opponent's Energy discarded in this way.

Resistance: Water -20
Retreat: [C][C][C]

It ensnares prey with its eight tentacles. It then melts the prey with a strong acid before feeding.
Mewtwo-EXHP170 – Psychic
BASIC
mewtwo.gif

Ability Berserk Gene
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to this Pokémon. If you do, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon and any Stadium card in play. During this turn, this Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage for each card discarded in this way (both yours and your opponent's) to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). This Pokémon is now Confused.

[P][P][P][P] Psystrike 100
This attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance or any other effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: Psychic ×2
Resistance: None

Pokémon-EX rule: When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Electrode BREAKHP140 – Lightning
BREAK
101.png
Evolves from Electrode

electrode.gif

[L][L][C] Ball MAXplosion 50+
Flip a coin for each Item card with its name ending in Ball in discard piles (both yours and your opponent's). This attack does 10 more damage for each heads. This Pokémon does 10 damage times the number of tails to itself. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any effects of Item cards (both yours and your opponent's).

BREAK Evolution rule: Electrode BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

2. Create-a-Card Entry
Claydol – HP90 – Psychic
STAGE 1
343.png
Evolves from Baltoy

claydol.gif

Ability Trait Reload
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard a Pokémon with an Ancient Trait from your hand. If you do, until the end of your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon has that Ancient Trait.

[P][P] Antique Malware
This attack does 40 damage to each Pokémon with Ancient Traits (both yours and your opponent's). This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: Psychic ×2

It is said that it originates from clay dolls made by an ancient civilization.
* CaC Jul '15; effects maintained, wording corrected after contest #NoMoreATHater

3. Requested Cards
Now receiving…
Note: I'll receive and accept your requests as soon as I "Like" your post(s) containing them.

3-1. @thegrovylekid's Pichu
Pichu – HP40 – Lightning
BASIC
pichu.gif

Ability Memory of Melee
When this Pokémon's attacks do damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may do 20 more damage. If you do, this Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

[L] Jump Jolt
This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Fighting ×2
Resistance: Metal -20

Despite its small size, it can zap even adult humans. However, if it does so, it also surprises itself.
3-2. @dwarfstar's Galvantula-EX
Galvantula-EXHP160 – Grass
BASIC
galvantula.gif

[G][C] Super Electroweb 30
The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn. If this Pokémon has a [L] Energy attached to it, flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't become your opponent's Benched Pokémon or be removed from play until the end of his or her turn unless it is Knocked Out.

[G][G][C] Cobweb Gun 50×
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads. If all of them are heads, your opponent can't attach or move any Energy or Pokémon Tool cards to the Defending Pokémon during his or her next turn.

Pokémon-EX rule: When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Licence
Earthoul -

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, but my first entry here is Claydol, which I created for CaC Jul '15, with effects maintained and wording corrected after that contest, in spite of too much interaction with, and distribution of malware to, AT Pokémon around the ancient doll:
Claydol – HP90 – Psychic
Stage 1 – Evolves from Baltoy
claydol.gif

Ability Trait Reload
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard a Pokémon with an Ancient Trait from your hand. If you do, until the end of your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon has that Ancient Trait.

[P][P] Antique Malware
This attack does 40 damage to each Pokémon with Ancient Traits (both yours and your opponent's). This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

It is said that it originates from clay dolls made by an ancient civilization.

I'm feeling like heading for inorganics still (something like an inorganics mini-set?) as I'm hearing whispers from the ashes of the other candidates I had for that CaC.
First, I'll reconstruct a supposed Electrode in mercy:
Electrode BREAKHP140 – Lightning
BREAKEvolves from Electrode
electrode.gif

[L][L][C] Ball MAXplosion 50+
Flip a coin for each Item card with its name ending in Ball in discard piles (both yours and your opponent's). This attack does 10 more damage for each heads. This Pokémon does 10 damage times the number of tails to itself. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, or any effects of Item cards (both yours and your opponent's).

BREAK Evolution rule: Electrode BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.
As to wording, I prefer "with its name ending in Ball" to "with Ball in its name," in case we should have something like "Ball Returner" in future.
It's just a hunch that I made it a BREAK rather than EX, and I'm not sure yet which is better.

P.S.: I've just noticed that these two won't be able to co-exist in the same (mini-)set if the coming XY8 has no AT 'mons :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I happened to dig an old brief note out of my laptop, and there I found an incomplete fake: something supposed to be Mewtwo!
Now's the time to polish it, as X-like Mewtwo-EX XY8 has turned out to be a Rock-Smashing HM slave :eek:
Mewtwo-EXHP170 – Psychic
Basic
mewtwo.gif

Ability Berserk Gene
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to this Pokémon. If you do, discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon and any Stadium card in play. During this turn, this Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage for each card discarded in this way (both yours and your opponent's) to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). This Pokémon is now Confused.

[P][P][P][P] Psystrike 100
This attack's damage isn't affected by Resistance or any other effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: Psychic

It's got too wordy an ability to have 2 attacks :p

P.S.) I'm not sure of one thing: can "each card discarded in this way (both yours and your opponent's)" include the cards that "you may discard" to use the Ability, too? (I think it can)

Last edited:
I think one of the hardest things to do when making a card spoiler is limiting yourself in text. Hopefully everyone reading this has seen how disastrous it can be when someone *coughVomcough* tries to squeeze too much text into a card. It's great that you're recognizing that Mewtwo has a wordy Ability and therefore shouldn't have more than one attack. :)

Also, from now on, everyone needs to make a Pichu card/avatar/etc before tgk has a chance to post in their thread.

Here it is, @thegrovylekid!
Pichu – HP40 – Lightning
Basic
pichu.gif

Ability Memory of Melee
When this Pokémon's attacks do damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon, you may do 20 more damage. If you do, this Pokémon does 20 damage to itself.

[L] Jump Jolt
This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Also apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Fighting
Resistance: Steel
Retreat: 1

Despite its small size, it can zap even adult humans. However, if it does so, it also surprises itself.
I'm afraid of over-using Abilities, but this one seems to me to be the only element capable of realizing the requested vision.

And that's right, Jabberwock, I always appreciate feasible wording, too.
I'm feeling like Cradily is reaching out to me :cool:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Cradily, it's none other than you who came see me.
Cradily – HP130 – Grass
Stage 1 – Evolves from Lileep
cradily.gif

[C][C] Sandstorm Shot 50
If this Pokémon has any [F] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon has no Weakness and any damage done to it by attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance) during your opponent's next turn.

[G][G][C] Desert Drain 70+
You may discard a [G] Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, before doing damage, discard a [W] Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon. This attack does 30 more damage for each of your opponent's Energy discarded in this way. Then, heal from this Pokémon 30 damage times the amount of your opponent's Energy discarded in this way.

Weakness: Fire
Resistance: Water
Retreat: [C][C][C]

It ensnares prey with its eight tentacles. It then melts the prey with a strong acid before feeding.
A bit lengthy text for the second attack is reserved for such cases as the one where you discard your opponent's mon's Double Dragon Energy to get your benefit doubled.

• Revision of Sandstorm Shot's effect
    • [new] If this Pokémon has any [F] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon has no Weakness and any damage done to it by attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance) during your opponent's next turn.
    • [old] During your opponent's next turn, if as long as this Pokémon has any [F] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon has no Weakness and any damage done to it by attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Last edited:
I think the 'if' statement in the first attack should be at the beginning of the attack. Basically, I think it should be ordered: 'if', 'during', 'this'.

I think the 'if' statement in the first attack should be at the beginning of the attack. Basically, I think it should be ordered: 'if', 'during', 'this'.
Thanks, ninjas, but at first I put "during" at the beginning in hope that the "if" would work during your opponent's next turn, not when you attack, as is the case with "During your opponent's next turn, if this Pokémon would be damaged…."
I gave it up, however. I've now changed the effect so that "if" should be applied when you attack. I think it's better for clarification to put "during" at the end than in the middle, comparing "During your opponent's next turn, prevent…" with "If heads, prevent… during your opponent's next turn."

I think the way you were trying to word it is reserved for abilities. But the way you reworded it is much better.

Here's another piece of reconstruction of a candidate's fragments, though I don't feel like heading for a mini-set now.

Carbink – HP70 – Fairy
Basic
carbink.gif

[Y] Loyal Emission 10
If you have any Pokémon with Diancie in its name on your Bench, discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[Y][Y][Y] Royal Reception
Put M Diancie-EX from your hand onto your Bench and move all basic Energy attached to this Pokémon to that M Diancie-EX. Then, you may discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out). If you have no Pokémon with Carbink in its name on your Bench, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Steel
Resistance: Dark

Born from temperatures and pressures deep underground, it fires beams from the stone in its head.
I had forgot the absence of a Spirit Link for Diancie, and it led me to the special summon effect.

Yo, solid work here! May I please have a Grass-type Galvantula-EX? Thanks in advance!

Here it is, @dwarfstar!
Basic
galvantula.gif

The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn. If this Pokémon has a [L] Energy attached to it, flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't become your opponent's Benched Pokémon or be removed from play until the end of his or her turn unless it is Knocked Out.

[G][G][C] Cobweb Gun 50×
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 50 damage times the number of heads. If all of them are heads, your opponent can't attach or move any Energy or Pokémon Tool cards to the Defending Pokémon during his or her next turn.

Retreat Cost: [C]

The "unfun effect" including Energy attachment prevention has its odds as low as 12.5%. Should it be lower to avoid being OP?

tbh I'm not quite sure of the wording in the first attack, as its latter part refers to as old a card as Neo era (Dark Ariados's Poison Bind, quoted below), and I'm still looking for better-modernized wording.
DarkAriadosNeoDestiny17.jpg
(from bulbapedia)
[…] If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't retreat until the end of your opponent's next turn and if the effect of an attack, Pokémon Power, or Trainer card would change that player's Active Pokémon, that part of the effect does nothing.

• Revision of wording in Super Electroweb
    • [new] […] If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't become your opponent's Benched Pokémon or be removed from play until the end of his or her turn unless it is Knocked Out.
    • [old] […] If heads, until the end of your opponent's next turn, if the Defending Pokémon would be changed from his or her Active Pokémon by an effect of attacks, Abilities, Trainer cards, or Energy cards, that part of the effect does nothing.

Last edited:
I really like the effort you've put into this! Cobweb Gun is pretty hilarious and Super Electroweb carries nice flavour. I've actually done a lot of research into "preventing the Active from going to the bench" sorta effects, and myself, along with Spoon, came up with the following wording:

"your opponent's Active Pokémon can't become a Benched Pokémon during your opponent's next turn."
It actually comes from a Forretress from one of the Neo sets.

Cobweb Gun should be fine. I personally don't consider it overly unfun considering how low of a chance it is.

I really like the effort you've put into this! Cobweb Gun is pretty hilarious and Super Electroweb carries nice flavour. I've actually done a lot of research into "preventing the Active from going to the bench" sorta effects, and myself, along with Spoon, came up with the following wording:

"your opponent's Active Pokémon can't become a Benched Pokémon during your opponent's next turn."
It actually comes from a Forretress from one of the Neo sets.

Cobweb Gun should be fine. I personally don't consider it overly unfun considering how low of a chance it is.
Thanks a lot, ninjas! And props to your effort, too! Now I've learnt the phrase "to become one's Active/Benched Pokémon."

That said, my idea is identical to Dark Ariados's: [1] to prevent the Defending 'mon not only from becoming Benched but also from being discarded, Prized, Lost Zoned, shuffled into deck, returned into hand, and… (is that all?), [2] and from the very moment Galvantula attacks it (not only during opponent's turn).
I'd like to say in a frank manner "the Defending 'mon must stay Active until the end of your opponent's next turn unless it is Knocked Out" or something (literal translation of the Japanese text of Dark Ariados will give something like this), while at least "must stay" should be somehow reworded for the proper text, and I guess "unless" as well, since searching "unless" on the official Card Database gives us only the old Special [D] Energy card.

Hmmmm, I do think that I misinterpreted exactly what you were aiming for. I reckon that the most accurate wording would be something like Garbodor's Garbotoxin Ability, which states all the places where the Abilities do not exist, as such. This would probably mean the effect would be much wordier, which is definitely not idea, so you probably could go with a unique wording, such as the one you have chose most recently. Actually, I reckon you could probably could get away with this: "Your opponent's Active Pokémon can't become a Benched Pokémon or be removed from play." [References: Forretress Neo; Robo Subsitute].

That said, there may be a few technical problems with this sort of effect. For an example, what do you do if that Pokemon is Knocked Out? Technically going into your opponent's turn it gets Knocked Out again, which is a bit of a problem. You should be able to add a "(unless that Pokémon is Knocked Out)." after "...from play".

I see… I agree with the idea of preferring concise comprehensive provisions to too wordy a list of targets, and the phrase you suggested to me, "to remove sth from play," sounds great. I guess an unitalicized "except" statement will be more popular than "unless" clause, so let's say "[…] If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't become your opponent's Benched Pokémon or be removed from play until […] (except for being Knocked Out)," shall we?

P.S.) Does the Resources and Help Thread contain FAQs for wording? I haven't read as many as 62 pages of that thread yet, and haven't reached one there.

Last edited:
I don't really feel 'except' moves smoothly, so I suggest you stick with 'unless'.

In regards to the resources... not yet. If you like you can PM me and I can give you a bit of a list that I have sitting around. :3

Here it is, @dwarfstar!
Basic
galvantula.gif

The Defending Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn. If this Pokémon has a [L] Energy attached to it, flip a coin. If heads, until the end of your opponent's next turn, if the Defending Pokémon would be changed from his or her Active Pokémon by an effect of attacks, Abilities, Trainer cards, or Energy cards, that part of the effect does nothing.

[G][G][C] Cobweb Gun 50×

Retreat Cost: [C]

The "unfun effect" including Energy attachment prevention has its odds as low as 12.5%. Should it be lower to avoid being OP?

tbh I'm not quite sure of the wording in the first attack, as its latter part refers to as old a card as Neo era (Dark Ariados's Poison Bind, quoted below), and I'm still looking for better-modernized wording.
DarkAriadosNeoDestiny17.jpg
(from bulbapedia)
Yo, thanks for this! And don't worry, it's not OP at all. If I had to classify it, I'd call it somewhere along the lines of a mid-BW-era power level, and the flavor is really interesting.

I don't really feel 'except' moves smoothly, so I suggest you stick with 'unless'.

In regards to the resources... not yet. If you like you can PM me and I can give you a bit of a list that I have sitting around. :3
I got it, and it has brought this wording:
If heads, the Defending Pokémon can't become your opponent's Benched Pokémon or be removed from play until the end of his or her turn unless it is Knocked Out.
Thanks again, ninjas, we did have a good discussion! See you next time in PM, …until we've got a public space dedicated to discussion on wording :cool:

Yo, thanks for this! And don't worry, it's not OP at all. If I had to classify it, I'd call it somewhere along the lines of a mid-BW-era power level, and the flavor is really interesting.
I'm glad to hear that! Enjoy this one, and feel free to have me create another ;) (yes, please feel free, all my friends)

Last edited:
Back