TCG Fakes Earthoul's Text-Based Fakes - Current: Random/Requests

During these past two months, I was once asked to tell exactly 3 'mons I love. I'm a Lugia-believer, so I had to add 2 more 'mons. I managed to do so by choosing Magnemite and Magneton, as I happened to recall the Pokémon poll hacking on Yahoo Japan Kids with Magnemite being runner-up back in 2008 and GTS Magnemite loop for Join Avenue in 2012 or so.
If such charismatic magnets were to come into PTCG, they'd be like…

Magnemite – HP50 – Metal
BASIC
magnemite.gif

[M] Triadic Foundation
Search your deck for Magnemite and a [M] Energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you have exactly 3 Magnemite in play (including this Pokémon) and each of them has any Energy attached to it, search your deck for Magnezone and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[M][C] Messianic Purgation 20
Flip a coin for each Magnezone on your Bench. For each heads, discard an Energy attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: Fire ×2
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: [C]

The units at the sides of its body generate antigravity energy to keep it aloft in the air.
Magneton – HP80 – Metal
STAGE 1
081.png
Evolved from Magnemite

magneton.gif

Ability Triadic Zone
If you have Magnemite, Magneton, and Magnezone in play (including this Pokémon) and each of them has any Energy attached to it, each of their attacks costs [M] less and damage from those attacks isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

[M][M][C] Messianic Force 20+
This attack does 10 damage more for each Magnemite in play (both yours and your opponent's) and 30 damage more for each Magneton and Magnezone in play (both yours and your opponent's).

Weakness: Fire ×2
Resistance: Psychic -20
Retreat: [C][C]

Three Magnemite are linked by a strong magnetic force. Earaches will occur if you get too close.
- The PokéDex entries come from SS's and HG's respectively, though these cards are XY-based.
- I gave up adding another effect to Magneton's attack to prevent it from getting more wordy….
- Magnezone will come some day later.

What's more, while I was creating these, I dug up a draft of Steel-type connection chart I drew several years ago. (I don't remember why I drew this :eek:)
There it said…
- Magnemite: founder/object of a faith
- Magneton: symbol of it
- Magnezone: leader of it
- Empoleon: emperor battling the leader
…and more

Last edited:
I have to say, that's an incredibly interesting interpretation of a Pokemon line. So the Magnemite coming together to make Magneton represent unity in faith, as with a religion (the word "religion" coming from "ligature," and these Magnemite literally being bound together), and then Magnezone is the leader with two Magnemite as followers, emphasising how far removed it is from the faith itself?

Have I just really overdone it? Hahah I just love the idea.

I have to say, that's an incredibly interesting interpretation of a Pokemon line. So the Magnemite coming together to make Magneton represent unity in faith, as with a religion (the word "religion" coming from "ligature," and these Magnemite literally being bound together), and then Magnezone is the leader with two Magnemite as followers, emphasising how far removed it is from the faith itself?

Have I just really overdone it? Hahah I just love the idea.
Thanks! Magnemite's charisma took me to these "religious" works ;)
Me, too, was feeling the ligature by anti-gravity/magnet force could've been that by force of faith. tbh I'm sure I'd better avoid using a term "Trinity" or "Papacy," since Magnezone line themselves have nothing to do with Vatican, but… Magnezone composed of 1 main part and 2 followers might be compared to the Conclave. The remove from faith… by overstepping the authority? Hey, it could be too political :p

Anyway, your review has grown the idea for the coming Magnezone! Stay tuned!

Back