• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

DVG (Yveltal / Virizion / Genesect)

Archa000x

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Novice

Pokemon 10
  • 3 Virizion EX
  • 3 Genesect EX
  • 2 Yveltal EX
  • 1 Darkrai EX
  • 1 Bouffalant (DRX)

Trainers 36
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 Shauna
  • 4 Skyla
  • 3 Shadow Triad
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 G Booster
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Muscle Band

Energy 14
  • 7 Grass
  • 4 Darkness
  • 3 Plasma

Strategy

*DISCLAIMER* These are reasons I put these cards into my deck. Please tell me what I do wrong XD!!

I think this is kinda *standard* I switched out the Mewtwos for Yveltals. I use Shaunas instead of N's. The Laserbank is something I was wondering about. Maybe Frozen Cities? I dunno about that one. Just two Muscle bands, between G Booster and Evil Ball I think the +20 may not be needed. 2 Professor's letters to get the darkness and maybe a grass in a pinch. The plasma energy count is at 3, a balanced number given the fact I'm also running Yveltal. The Darkrai is kind of a tech card. He snipes the bench and can also give Virizion/Genesect/Yveltal free retreats in addition to the status immunity given by Virizion. Given that fact I don't know about the switches/escape ropes, although I do only have one Darkrai. So yeah, this is my attempt at a deck mix. Please comment and give feedback THANKS!!!

RE: DVA:Dark Virizion/Genesect

This is a deck that I thought about making. It should work but I would recomend that you put in another darkrai ex and possibly one or two yveltal.

RE: DVA (Yveltal / Virizion / Genesect)

I think it needs another non-EX attacker too. I feel one isn't enough. Maybe another Bouffalant (DRX) or something basic and cook like Yveltal XY or Tropius with Energy Crush.

^Seconded, I'd go wtih Yveltal XY, since it gets energy acceleration and free Dark Cloak retreat.

Also Darkness energy is not standard legal. :p

Why do you use Shauna instead of N? I feel they work best together.

Moriatti said:
^Seconded, I'd go wtih Yveltal XY, since it gets energy acceleration and free Dark Cloak retreat.

Also Darkness energy is not standard legal. :p

Why do you use Shauna instead of N? I feel they work best together.

Darkness energy is in format...

I would suggest at least 1 or 2 N in your deck. Sure its not 100% as reliable as shauna. But it does allow you to disrupt your opponents hand late game. N'ing someone down to 1-2 cards can be super painful late game. It also shuffles in junk hunt, clear search, and other stuff of that sort. Almost making their last attack completely pointless.

Back