Dusknoir- A broken card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the dusknoirs has a claydol power and can do rage to the bench for 2 energy and pervent pokemon from touching it for 3....Thats wrong in the next format. And the other spreads damage to pokemon with energy attached for its body and does 80 damage if the defending pokemon has 2 damage on it...:/

Papi/Manny said:
One of the dusknoirs has a claydol power and can do rage to the bench for 2 energy and pervent pokemon from touching it for 3....Thats wrong in the next format. And the other spreads damage to pokemon with energy attached for its body and does 80 damage if the defending pokemon has 2 damage on it...:/

Of course there's the broken Lv.x as well.

The funny thing is that your opponents will never lay down a 4th basic when they see a duskull, even if you don't play the DP Ducknoir.

=D

Papi/Manny said:
And the other spreads damage to pokemon with energy attached for its body and does 80 damage if the defending pokemon has 2 damage on it...:/

This + the Lv X will be one of the best decks if IFDS. Though onto the DP Dusknoir... Yeah, it has a metagame influence, and a lot of decks would rather start with 15 Prizes left, rather than facing Dusknoir DP, simply because their strategy revolves around lots of benched pokemon. But still... It doesn't have too much of an influence.

The other IFDS Dusknoir (the one not in the theme deck) is alright, but not too pwnage.

Dusknoir + GG just sucked the fun out of this game. The game sucks now. Here are our choices.. empoleon.. or plox/GG. Great, what a wonderful card game. I think the reason dusknoir is so big now is because claydol is a staple. Before dusknoir wasn't even looked at because think of which decks were big.. Inferkitty doesn't need claydol 2katty and 2 infernapes were pretty standard. Straight lucario = max of 3 on the bench, straight or even supported blissy, and straight empoleon. Non of those decks really need to many people, so alot of people wouldn't even have more then 3 on their bench. Dusknoir was useless.

If dusknoir said shuffle the 5th bench guy away he wouldn't even be played. Heck, if you at least got the choice of who to shuffle away, he still wouldn't be as bad as he is now. BUT NO! He's just over powered. Another thing is, in the past cards usually limited you to 4 benched pokemon, not 3. The game was easily playable with 4. I believe Giant stump and tiny stadium (or what ever it was called) only limited you to 4. What the heck were they thinking when they made dusknoir?

Alakazam is not a counter! If you had to discard no cards then it would probably be broken. It should have been discard 1 card. I mean if your power canceling every single turn to keep ur benched pokemon then dusknoir's power might have very well said "your opponent discard two card from his hand of his choice". Think about it which is worse? Does it matter?

prenceofdarkness said:
Dusknoir + GG just sucked the fun out of this game. The game sucks now. Here are our choices.. empoleon.. or plox/GG.
Well, there is also eevees and torterra

Another thing is, in the past cards usually limited you to 4 benched pokemon, not 3. The game was easily playable with 4. I believe Giant stump and tiny stadium (or what ever it was called) only limited you to 4. What the heck were they thinking when they made dusknoir?
Narrow gym and giant stump limited your bench to 3(the same as ducknoir), but at least you got to choose which pokemon to get rid of[/b]

Dusknoir dictates the format, not gardevoir/gallade.

Yes, the DP one IS broken.

Ardoptres said:
Dusknoir dictates the format, not gardevoir/gallade.

Yes, the DP one IS broken.
GG was still winning cities/states without dusknoir. Heck, my regs was won by GG with nidoqueen. And narrow gym was a limit of 4 bench (the other gets bounced into the hand).

I highly doubt Dusknoir is that broken of a card. Otherwise I'd see it more often. Dusknoir is only - in my opinion - more useful as a tech card (1-0-1 being the best of course). Poke-Powers are can be countered by several different pokemon (though not easily I admit). Glaceon Lv. X is also an option no one mention and still has decent attacks for a "stage 2". Starmine is a nice counter, since it only requires one energy. Also, a few pokemon even benefit from a small bench (LA Houndoom anyone?). Nevertheless, Ducknoir is a powerful card and it's Lv.X (*cough* seriously broken *cough*) holds a massive advantage over players who don't use stadium cards(Windstorm needs to be reprinted). For me, I don't mind Dusknoir because I usually play with a narrow bench.

^Before this (and like every other thread you posted in) gets locked, dusknoir literally can't be stopped. Answers to him: Gardy: Duh, its mirrior. Glaceon: Warp point, dusknoir it back into your deck. Lost both your hitter and your lock, giving plox access to everything. Jirachi ex: Acts like gardy. Very common. Alakazam: I'm making you discard 2 cards from your hand a turn to counter my tech with your tech. Its going to happen eventually. Also, dusknoir is pretty much in every gg deck in the format, which is 1/2 the decks. :/

Zyflair, please do not post in threads that have been left alone for two or more weeks. Thanks.

*locked*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back