Dusknoir- A broken card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banettewilldestroyallofyou

Aspiring Trainer
I personally think Dusknoir is broken. I have reasons and here they are:

1. Fear
Dusknoir is a card that people will play around even if they don't know if the opponent has the card so against pretty much every stage two deck you have to play around Dusknoir until you're sure the opponent doesn't use it. So a person will play with three benched pokemon just in fear of Dusknoir because they know that if the opponent does drop Dusknoir and they have 4+ benched then it's pretty much game because they can simply get rid of your support pokemon, or your back-up attacker. No card should have that kind of an impact on the game.

2 and 3. Defying the rules/No drawbacks
This game was not meant to be played with three benched pokemon it was meant to be played with up to five. Dusknoir ignores this as it limits you're opponents benched pokemon the enitre game by just sitting there which means the only draw back of Dusknoir is that it takes a bench space, cards with powers like Dusknoir's should at least have some sort of draw back but Dusknoir doesn't. Now I know Crawdaunt EX has a very similar power but the pokemon being sent to the opponent's hand, it being an EX, and having a crappy attack were enough draw backs to make the card playable but not broken. There was also Giant Stump which isn't even slightly comparable since it limited both of your benches and was a stadium that you could pretty easily get rid of making it a unique and strategic but not broken card.

So, thoughts?

If only legend maker was still around...we'd have a completely different game. :/ Dusknoir is insanely broken. End of story.

Dusknoir, meant for those who are not up to challenge...
Dusknoir is making the game less fun...

Dusknoir = GG/Plox = no fun.

The card is not broken and not many people are scared/feared of it. I am not, It is easy to play with 3 to a bench. You only play 5 because you want to not because you have to. 2 Claydol's on the field isn't a requirement. You can survive with 1 or even none. Point being is that whoever plays Dusknoir is putting themselves at risk in case an opponent plays it also. Situation:
P1...Has Dusknoir and 5 other Pokemon on field.
P2...Has 3, no Dusknoir.
P2...Plays Dusknoir down and shuffles their's back in.
You can see where it would go from there...
So if both players play a 1-0-1 line of Dusknoir they will only play it once or rarely twice because they need Rare Candy's for their attackers not a Controller.
So Dusknoir can actually hurt you, and not the opponent...

True, if both players are running Dusknoir, it is easier to counter opposing Dusknoirs.

The problem with Alakazam is that you won't always have two cards that you can spare to discard.

RG15 said:
The card is not broken and not many people are scared/feared of it. I am not, It is easy to play with 3 to a bench. You only play 5 because you want to not because you have to. 2 Claydol's on the field isn't a requirement. You can survive with 1 or even none. Point being is that whoever plays Dusknoir is putting themselves at risk in case an opponent plays it also. Situation:
P2...Has 3, no Dusknoir.
So if both players play a 1-0-1 line of Dusknoir they will only play it once or rarely twice because they need Rare Candy's for their attackers not a Controller.
Every single time you see a ralts, you instantly can't play more then 3 bench. That doesn't seem sickening? One of the reasons gino won nats was because people had a fear that dusknoir was in his list and was going to be dropped as soon as they have 4 bench and get screwed. If you dont' fear dusknoir then your absolutely reckless. This game isn't ment for something like dusknoir, where all of your energy attachments and focus on one pokemon can be instantly tossed away in one turn and thus messing up you for the next several turns. I have seen/read games where the opponet was smoking plox...then out comes dusknoir. 4-5 turns later, the guy who was smoking the deck had lost. If that seems right, it shouldn't. I don't think we've had a power this destructive to the opponets deck since slowking. And you do realize that 3 bench doesn't work for most decks? For instance, magmortar gets wrecked by dusknoir. Why? You can have magmortar active, claydol benched (you always need this guy), magmortar benched (hes your attacker after all), and one typhlosion/leafeon. That sounds like a respectable bench, right? Yet my opponet can have gardy active, gallade on the bench, dusknoir on the bench, 2 claydol on the bench, and gardy lvl X on the bench. Yeah, that seems very fair.

RG15 said:
P2...Has 3, no Dusknoir.

So you're implying that every deck should have to play Dusknoir just to counter other Dusknoirs? That's ridiculous. What about stage 1 decks? Crawdaunt EX wouldn't work because stage 1 decks don't run rare candy so before you get it out it would be Dark Palmed away. PLOX would not be at the position of dominance it is today without Dusknoir and that is a fact. Alakazam is an option but then again discarding two cards is a pretty heavy price to pay.

Do you think a lot of people will play dusknoir in the new format? Any ideas, because i myself say it is pretty broken!

It won't be as ramapant as this format (simply do to the fact that every deck now is stage 2), but it will still be teched into decks (and also be made into its own, sickening, deck).

Papi/Manny said:
It won't be as ramapant as this format (simply do to the fact that every deck now is stage 2), but it will still be teched into decks (and also be made into its own, sickening, deck).

Also there is no DRE or Scrambles to put it to use of its great late game attack.

But yea, I think this card is sorta broken. But depending on the deck its easy to get around.

^Depending on the deck, yes. Decks that are played now...yes, they can deal with a dusknoir if they know about it beforehand. Decks that should be played now but are not because of dusknoir...no. :/ It literally broke the game into a division of decks: Those who can work around it, and those who can't. Those who can't are not played.

well thats why he's the best tech for GG!! XD other tan cress LVX adn miss =^_^=

what about crawdaunt ex?
stage 1 that does almost the same
the only reason dusknoir shuffles into the deck instead of putting it into their hand is because its a stage 2

i dont think it's broken
ive been matched up against plenty of crawdaunts, not dusknoir yet but its far from an unstoppable card

Crawdaunt is nothing compared to Dusknoir. Crawdaunt's attack is awful, its an EX, and the power only sends the pokemon back to hte hand. Most decks that would opt. for Crawdaunt over Dusknoir would be Stage 1 decks that don't rn rare candy meaning you can't whip it out in one turn and completely wreck the opponent.

taylor45 said:
what about crawdaunt ex?
stage 1 that does almost the same
the only reason dusknoir shuffles into the deck instead of putting it into their hand is because its a stage 2

I don't think it's broken
ive been matched up against plenty of crawdaunts, not dusknoir yet but its far from an unstoppable card
1) Crawduant doesn't have any surprise factor to it. The opponet sees you drop a corphish. They know you have a crawduant ex in your hand/searchable in your deck. They can play about it. Dusknoir, on the other hand, can come out of knowwhere and wreck any deck.
2) Dusknoir has a far suprerior attack, which can win a game.
3) Dusknoir shuffles the card into your deck. If a crawduant ex bounces a claydol into your hand, you simply have to wait until the opponet koes a pokemon before you drop it down and get it up in 2 turns. True, they can wager it, but theres a FAR greater chance of you drawing some (or alot) of those cards lost over the opponet wagering and then dusknoiring your pokemon.

IMO, only reason Crawduant is better. It's an EX, activates Scramble for you. Otherwise, play Dusknoir.

I´m sick of what the TCG is making to Dusknoir, i mean please they give him a Lv X whit that power???? o c´mon is just not funny, DP Dusknoir was bad(for the people who don´t play it) and now you can make a deck around him whit the lv x and the other dusknoir(i think there are two more but i don´t remember) that is going to be bad for the game, my only idea to play agiants it is Kriketune (Yeah! it only needs 3 in bench!!! take that dusknoir!! if only ceessation crystal remains in the game this deck maybe had a chance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back