Drifblim SF & Bronzong G? Possible Quick Set-up

julliant

Aspiring Trainer
16-drifblim.jpg
41-bronzong-g.jpg

I thought of this idea, not sure if it's been discusses before but searches for "Drifblim SF" gave me nothing, so here we go. For this example, I'll use Donphan Prime.

107-donphan.jpg

Starting with Drifloon, evolve to Drifblim SF by T1 using Broken Time Space. Use a Pokemon Collector to search for a couple of Phanpy and Uxie, which is standard fare. Then, use Drifblim SF's attack, Lifting, to search your deck for 2 Bronzong G and 2 Fighting Energy with them. Following turn, just use each of their Galactic Switch to move the Energy to Phanpy, and you have a fully charged Donphan Prime ready to use Heavy Impact by T2.

You'd want to start like this as often as you can so I can see 4 Drifbloon a possibility, but I'm not sure what else can help. Poketurns and Warp Energy can help with the Bronzong G starts.

I hope to be able to fully develop this combo and use it to pull out really big tanks like Steelix quickly, giving them more of a impact.

Decmaster

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
Um, this seems like a good idea on paper, but not in reality.

1. Why use Heavy Impact T2 when you can Earthquake T1?
2. Drifblim and Donphan will be hard to set up.
3. Your bench will be crowded. Two Bronzong G. (There is Poke` Turn...)

It seems too bulky, but if you did, you'd run:

3-3 Drifblim
4-4 Donphan Prime
3 Bronzong G
2 Uxie

julliant

Aspiring Trainer
Although my ambition is to get this to speed up Steelix, it is still untested so I'm going for something safer, which is Donphan Prime. This, as mentioned, means you can start with the 4 Phanpy for early Earthquake, OR the 3/4 Dribloon for set-up of Heavy Impact.

Most Donphan decks I observe don't have good starts without Phanpy, because what else do they have? Electrikes can't do anything, a quick Machamp is not consistently available, and Chatots help you recover from bad starts at the cost of a turn or two.

In theory this idea will mean you just have to deal with bad Uxie or Bronzong G starts. If you start with Phanpy, you will try to go for the quick Earthquakes. If you start with Dribloon, go for setting up of Heavy Impact. You're not really setting up both, though you may put a Drifblim down even after you have Donphan in case you need to recover. I don't see the bench space as an issue yet while I'm still testing a straight Donphan deck.

In any case I've yet to run any tests, so more criticism is welcomed.

@Azelf Master: Just curious, why a T-tar variant? I figured a Stage 1 will be more consistent to benefit from this.

YourP1MP

Make A Wish
Here is one:

Use it with Raichu Prime. use Lifting to get two Unown Rs and a Lightning Energy for each R. Next turn evolve your Pikachu to Raichu Prime, attach an energy, use its Pokepower to suck up the energies on the Unown Rs. Then use the Unown R's Pokepower. Voila turn 2 Raichu Prime (Although I rather use Pachi Triumphant).

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Decmaster said:
It seems too bulky, but if you did, you'd run:

3-3 Drifblim
4-4 Donphan Prime
3 Bronzong G
2 Uxie

With that lineup, you're starting off with Bronzong G 25% of the time (might as well just scoop :F). For that reason, I don't think that list quite works, but it is an interesting idea. Donkphan has proven to be a better deck and charging it up doesn't take that long anyway.

dmaster out.

julliant

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's possible to reduce the Bronzong G count to 2, if either one is prized, then search for another Phanpy with Energy instead.

@YourP1MP: Not a bad idea at all, I've seen Raichu Prime with Rayquaza LA though, I think that works better.

julliant

Aspiring Trainer
Because Bronzong G will allow you to transfer the energy to Donphan, instead of having 2 Phanpy with 1 energy each.

LucarioXFroslass

Bug Catcher
What a concept. I actually like this :3 I see potential.

Also, if you search out one Bronzong and one Phanpy/ whatever, you'll have the same outcome with one extra bench space.

~L_X_F

julliant

Aspiring Trainer
Yea whether you get 2 Bronzong G or 1 with another Phanpy depends on the game situation.

Anyway I'm very fond of this deck, it's doing pretty well. It needs some minor refining and a tech against water decks. I've been trying to fit in some Seekers and Super Scoop Ups, but it's quite tight, any suggestions?

Current Pokemon List:
4 Drifloon
2 Drifblim
4 Phanpy
3 Donphan Prime
2 Bronzong G
1 Crobat G
2 Uxie

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
one problem i see. donphan prime is not an SP pokemon so doesnt that mean galactic switch would not work?

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
@The Aura: Galactic Switch requires the energy to start on a Pokemon-SP, not to end on it. Bronzong G (which is SP) moves the energy from itself to any other Pokemon.

I believe I agree with LXF; I've used Drifblim SF before and its potential is crazy good. You only really need 1 Bronzong G to yank with Lifting (and no more than 2 in the deck), so that way you could use Pokemon Collector for other things (or use a different supporter altogether, like Cyrus' Conspiracy).

Good thing for setup. I'd love to see how this turns out.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
Wouldn't 4 Drifloons be best since it's the preferred start? I think an unlucky start on this would really set you back. It does take up space in a deck.
@dmaster, that math is off. 3/12 alone is 25%, but there is a possibility of starting with more than 1 Basic.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah, I guess that's true. But there's still no need for that quantity of a high Retreat Cost Pokemon.

dmaster out.

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'
True; definitely 2 at most (actually, 1 may be too little if it gets stuck in prizes. I suppose you could search for an Azelf instead, but that's still 1 less card in your hand that you may need if your hand's good).

julliant

Aspiring Trainer
With the revival of Gyarados, this deck is pretty much dead, but I haven't given up. I've tried Devoluter and UD Drifblim, hoping I can set back Gyarados for a turn at least to get a couple prizes. Already assuming I couldn't outspeed Gyarados due to poor starting hands and whatnot, I'd have to try to win by setting up as many Earthquaking Donphans as possible, alternating between Earthquake and a devolve. Devolving will also prevent Rescue Energy from working so hopefully he doesn't have a Pokemon Rescue ready in hand. I used Looker's Investigation instead of PONT for the advantage of knowing what's in your opponent's hand.