DP and BW Discussions and Theories

RE: Favourite moments in BW and theories

Blob55 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:
Or that, indeed.
Torterra was just so underused because of Ash's stupidity (and far more interest in Chimchar) and because Paul also had one. Oh well, this isn't about what went wrong with DP.

It is now. :p

Paul didn't even use Torterra for his fight against Ash, so we never got to see a good fight with Torterra in the league.
Torterra got better use than Unfezant and Palpitoad. Ash at least TRIED to use Torterra.

Nice change!;)
That's true but for what I can recall, it seemed that he used his a lot more than Ash (in DP and to me, Ash means Chimchar and Buizel, that's what comes to mind when Ash and DP are on the same sentence). Not only that but while Ash's seemed like the shame of the gang and left without personality since evolving, Paul's was shown as a veteran and caring Pokémon, even despite being a Pokémon from Paul, the guy with kind of a military training. The reverse happened with both Gliscor: Ash's, despite being weaker, got more personality and spotlight while Paul's was more hidden, namely the mentioned personality.
DP began the awful trend of Ash having two Pokémon of the same species as the rival while also being glued to said rival like a child trying to be friends with the world, even after being warned. In DP it was Torterra and Gliscor with Chimchar connecting both trainers like the child caught between the parents' divorce and then, in BW, with Unfezant and Snivy.
About Unfezant and Palpitoad, when comparing with Torterra, what you've said is indeed true but when it comes to Unfezant is what one might expect, just like Staraptor and all the birds so far: they are there just to fill a role, namely following and/or finding people and Pokémon and scatter dust or smoke. Palpitoad...enough to say that it's from BW...I think of BW and all it comes to my mind is negative feedback and not being able to recall important or even interesting episodes, the whole thing seems now like a short and fast season with Pokémon mostly staying at their basic level, boring battles, same old League.
I would like to see Misty staring her own alternative anime and borrowing Oshawott and Palpitoad (at least, not to mention Totodile, Corphish and Kingler) from Ash, not because of Misty but because they're wasted potencial.

Edit, wtf, what about Brock? Oh my, that guy was just so useless by the time of DP that I didn't remembered him. Croagunk gag, Sudowoodo and Happiny, what the hell were the creators thinking? He didn't battle as he used to and he was just the cooking slave/maid and the guy with the region's guidebook.

True, Staraptor was used for finding TR/missing people/Pokémon, but at least he stayed in Ash's team through the whole of DP. Unfezant just got switched between Palpitoad, Scraggy and Leavanny the whole time. By the time Charizard was in Ash's party, we never got to see two of those Pokémon until Ash took that picture at Oaks.

Pokémon Who got good development in DP:
Turtwig (Until evolution)
Infernape
Buizel
Gliscor

Pokémon who got good development in BW:
Pignite
Scraggy (Until Post-League)
Krookodile (Until Post-League)

All of whom are Dark and/or Fighting types.

Pokémon who had a lot of screen time in BW, but not any good development:
Pikachu (I honestly didn't notice him)
Oshawott (Never really grew up)
Snivy (Kept the same four moves the whole series and didn't have as much screen time as Oshawott, but still more than most other Pokémon)
Charizard

I agree with your classification.

Meh, having Staraptor in his party means almost the same to me as if it were switching. They both had little to no use but the thing is that since in BW there were more to show, Unfezant had to go. I don't think that even if they weren't so much that Unfezant would get more screen time.
I didn't used to remember neither Staraptor nor Unfezant, the only difference is that in BW I couldn't know what Pokémon Ash had with him at the start of each episode and even so, Unfezant would probably be the last one I'd remember when trying to think of them.

Yeah, now that you've mention it Pikachu was just there...I remember Pikachu being at least more useful (and used) with Iron Tail and also the occasional Volt Tackle but in BW it was just there. I guess that without Team Rocket's, Pikachu gets thrown to a corner. His only good moment (but totally unfair) was his victory against Serperior.

Does it bug anyone else that at the end of Episode N, N and his "sisters" were just talking about ideals? It's easy to have ideals, but to turn them into a truth is way harder.
Heck, I could have an ideal that Pokémon are real, but all I'm doing about it is typing about it on a forum. IMO, it's kind of a lazy way to go about things just to say "My ideal is for all life forms to understand and respect each other". Actually doing it is the important thing. This is why I liked Black and and White 2 more than White and Black 2.

RE: Favourite moments in BW and theories

Leaf_Ranger said:
Edit, wtf, what about Brock? Oh my, that guy was just so useless by the time of DP that I didn't remembered him. Croagunk gag, Sudowoodo and Happiny, what the hell were the creators thinking? He didn't battle as he used to and he was just the cooking slave/maid and the guy with the region's guidebook.

Yeah, Brock really should have left when AG ended. Sometimes its better to watch a character leave when they're still good than after the writers ruin them and turn them into empty shells.

The same thing happened to Misty by mid-Johto when it became obvious the writers didn't care about developing her character anymore and removed most of her personality.

I haven't finished watching B/W yet, but I thought it was kinda cool how Ash actually rotated his Pokemon around without the old "How about you send me you Heracross" "Uh, ok, sure". I think that this little bit of character development might have been a result of that episode in D/P where Cyndaquill evolves into Quilava. Anyone else think so?

And I think Cilan must have been home schooled or something, to have so many hobbies... xD

Holy f@#*& Arceus I actually found a thread that is about Pokemon B/W anime that is NOT full of nothing but hate filled rants towards the writers and their "intentions". Insta-site-membership.

TheJolteonMaster said:
I haven't finished watching B/W yet, but I thought it was kinda cool how Ash actually rotated his Pokemon around without the old "How about you send me you Heracross" "Uh, ok, sure". I think that this little bit of character development might have been a result of that episode in D/P where Cyndaquill evolves into Quilava. Anyone else think so?

And I think Cilan must have been home schooled or something, to have so many hobbies... xD

Holy f@#*& Arceus I actually found a thread that is about Pokemon B/W anime that is NOT full of nothing but hate filled rants towards the writers and their "intentions". Insta-site-membership.

You joined because of this thread?! :O

Maybe Cilan just doesn't know what he likes, so he looks into everything.

Blob55 said:
Does it bug anyone else that at the end of Episode N, N and his "sisters" were just talking about ideals? It's easy to have ideals, but to turn them into a truth is way harder.
Heck, I could have an ideal that Pokémon are real, but all I'm doing about it is typing about it on a forum. IMO, it's kind of a lazy way to go about things just to say "My ideal is for all life forms to understand and respect each other". Actually doing it is the important thing. This is why I liked Black and and White 2 more than White and Black 2.

I went check the episodes and it seems they ended up together with the goal of connecting Pokémon and people. I can't recall that much of the N arch but I do think it was rushed so they just threw Plasma into it in order to say they were there.

In the games (I've played B2 only), N and the whole Plasma (new and old and the "sisters") are just ridiculous.
"I wonder if N understands now. Trainers battle with Pokémon not to hurt them, but so Trainers and Pokémon can understand one another better! It's the simplest way for them to do this. The more serious the battle, the more the true nature of Pokémon and people becomes apparent!" - Oh really, that's why there's Team Rocket and abused Pokémon.
Then, there's Rood:
"My lord N is a wonderful person who has the power to understand the hearts of Pokémon. But still, he has much to learn about understanding the hearts of people... I hope he will develop this skill while he travels with the legendary Pokémon to atone for the trouble he caused in Unova as the king of Team Plasma."
How about trying to convince N to stay and help reuniting the Pokémon with their trainers!? Instead n seems like a fanboy of B/W protagonist, always searching for it.
Also, what happened to the three other sages!? Weren't they all supposed to be under arrest!?

All of this to say that it's not that akward that they end up only talking about ideals!

Leaf_Ranger said:
Blob55 said:

I went check the episodes and it seems they ended up together with the goal of connecting Pokémon and people. I can't recall that much of the N arch but I do think it was rushed so they just threw Plasma into it in order to say they were there.

In the games (I've played B2 only), N and the whole Plasma (new and old and the "sisters") are just ridiculous.
"I wonder if N understands now. Trainers battle with Pokémon not to hurt them, but so Trainers and Pokémon can understand one another better! It's the simplest way for them to do this. The more serious the battle, the more the true nature of Pokémon and people becomes apparent!" - Oh really, that's why there's Team Rocket and abused Pokémon.
Then, there's Rood:
"My lord N is a wonderful person who has the power to understand the hearts of Pokémon. But still, he has much to learn about understanding the hearts of people... I hope he will develop this skill while he travels with the legendary Pokémon to atone for the trouble he caused in Unova as the king of Team Plasma."
How about trying to convince N to stay and help reuniting the Pokémon with their trainers!? Instead n seems like a fanboy of B/W protagonist, always searching for it.
Also, what happened to the three other sages!? Weren't they all supposed to be under arrest!?

All of this to say that it's not that akward that they end up only talking about ideals!

I guess so. It just makes me remember Pokémon XD and how that's the first proper sequel to a game, instead of being its own thing like in GSC, At least you got to see Team Snagem, but if people knew where the base was, why didn't they just arrest all of the members? I also don't like how like half of all of the Shadow Pokémon are in one location, while at the begging of the game, you have to wait for PokéSpot access to get decent Pokémon. Also, by the time everything is FE and has decent moves, you've already completed the game.

Back on topic, I find it strange that the League was rushed for Episode N and N was rushed for DA, which in turn ended up being about nothing in particular.

Blob55 said:
I guess so. It just makes me remember Pokémon XD and how that's the first proper sequel to a game, instead of being its own thing like in GSC, At least you got to see Team Snagem, but if people knew where the base was, why didn't they just arrest all of the members? I also don't like how like half of all of the Shadow Pokémon are in one location, while at the begging of the game, you have to wait for PokéSpot access to get decent Pokémon. Also, by the time everything is FE and has decent moves, you've already completed the game.

Back on topic, I find it strange that the League was rushed for Episode N and N was rushed for DA, which in turn ended up being about nothing in particular.

I'm sad to say that the only Pokémon games I play are the main ones, so I don't have an opinion about that! :(
As for the rushed episodes, perhaps the creators thought Decolora Adventures was something big and entertaining, and perhaps it was...for their target audience that are young and still don't realise how shows are full of cliches that repeat themselves! Honestly, for the Episode N arch, I'd like to see and know about Dragonspiral tower and other architecture pertaining the Tao trio and Plasma (Abyssal Ruins, Relic Castle, the Giant Chasm and namely - N's Castle!)

Leaf_Ranger said:
As for the rushed episodes, perhaps the creators thought Decolora Adventures was something big and entertaining, and perhaps it was...for their target audience that are young and still don't realise how shows are full of cliches that repeat themselves! Honestly, for the Episode N arch, I'd like to see and know about Dragonspiral tower and other architecture pertaining the Tao trio and Plasma (Abyssal Ruins, Relic Castle, the Giant Chasm and namely - N's Castle!)

Um, but wouldn't DA be more entertaining if Charizard got to fight a bunch of strong Pokémon?! If the arc was just about that, then it would probably excite the main audience more.
I find it strange that Zekrom never appeared at the end.

Blob55 said:
Um, but wouldn't DA be more entertaining if Charizard got to fight a bunch of strong Pokémon?! If the arc was just about that, then it would probably excite the main audience more.
I find it strange that Zekrom never appeared at the end.

First of all, even if Charizard's inclusion is tied with it Mega-evolving in the XY series, seeing only (or mostly) Charizard would be boring (I watch since the first season and while It was interesting to see it returning, I still prefer any of Ash's Grass starters over it) since there was a whole team waiting to be trained and evolve. Secondly, battling shouldn't the focus, at least not after the League - if shown, used (and perhaps abused) it should have been in preparation for the League, with some evolutions happening to keep it fresh not only with the new looks but the old story of some Pokémon struggling to adapt to their new forms. Also, like some have said and I agreed in a thread about Decolora, the problem was that the episodes felt like a rehash of older ones and in the end it was just a big filler.

Zekrom...oh boy, I didn't even remembered that guy anymore! :rolleyes: And with this, another thread is answered: Ash should have Zekrom, because being the Dragon of Ideals, it's just perfect for Ash, the Peter Pan of Pokémon following a never ending dream. In the beggining, Zekrom appeared like a "goal" for both Ash and Iris, in the first case because it was another legendary that appeared before Ash and for Iris because of that too, but more so because it's a Dragon and Iris aimed to be a Dragon master. In the end, Reshiram appeared in the N arc without his story/legend (as much as I can remember), Zekrom was forgotten to Ash and Iris, and this last one ended up seeing Rayquaza in what is perhaps a nod to AR/OS and perhaps DE!

Blob55 said:
TheJolteonMaster said:

You joined because of this thread?! :O

Maybe Cilan just doesn't know what he likes, so he looks into everything.

I meant that in order to have enough time to become an expert in so many things, he almost couldn't have gone to school every day like the other kids xD. Or maybe he's just 30 years old instead of low 20s like I had originally thought. Heheh.

Back