DP and BW Discussions and Theories

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
So, I've been watching some more Episode N on TV and there are some funny moments, like when Ash looked up Braviary in his Pokédex and it said "Because of its devotion to its friends, Braviary will continue battling, even after sustaining injury." Even though that fits what N did more.

So here's my theory on what Colress was doing: He maxed all Pokémons (Animé equivalent) of IVs, EVs and gave them all max nature.
Also, I find it odd that it's frowned upon for humans to try and make Pokémon fight to their peak, but when Pokémon choose to do it, it's fine. (Mega Evolution)

RE: Favourite moments in BW and theories

The best parts from BW were Oshawott for me. He was hilarious. The way he would chicken out of things after convincing others to do something. I love that guy! :D

Another one of my favourite moments was when Krokorok evolved into Krookodile. For me a Pokémon evolving when it's about to lose and use its new power to win just doesn't get old.

Definitely Oshawott's moments. I used to collect pictures of it from the episodes it appeared in. Oshawott was funny but it also had so much potencial because when it wanted to it could be a surprise and could get the job done, that's why it's also my biggest dissapointment when it comes to BW' Pokémon, because I wished for it to turn into a full-fledged Samurott. I was expecting to see it make its cowardice fade away as he was evolving and faccing bigger and harder challenges (that lost shell episode showed just that) and then, already a Samurott, being a powerhouse but somehow still a joyful one. So sad...:( Btw, Oshawott was kind like the japanese link of the series in a region based on the States and so unlike the other ones in terms of appearence (anime-wise); listening to him beating on its shell while hearing that drum(?) sound and that cocky smile on its face...I miss Oshawott!
I also had very good and loud laughs with Emolga's debut episode and the one after it, in my opinion they're the most remarkable when it comes to funny moments.

Blob55 said:
So, I've been watching some more Episode N on TV and there are some funny moments, like when Ash looked up Braviary in his Pokédex and it said "Because of its devotion to its friends, Braviary will continue battling, even after sustaining injury." Even though that fits what N did more.

So here's my theory on what Colress was doing: He maxed all Pokémons (Animé equivalent) of IVs, EVs and gave them all max nature.
Also, I find it odd that it's frowned upon for humans to try and make Pokémon fight to their peak, but when Pokémon choose to do it, it's fine. (Mega Evolution)

We still don't know how mega-evolution works in the anime, but judging by seeing a certain Pokémon having a necklace with a mega-evo stone, I'm guessing the lame bracelet will still be required and so the bond between trainer and creature, so I wouldn't say it's exactly the Pokémon's choice. Try imagining Houndoom trying to wear a necklace with no hands -» trainer needed at least for that!

The Pokémon needs to touch the Mega Stone to get it to work? I thought it just sorta felt warm/itchy when it was activated, so Gardevoir touches it because it feel weird.

Blob55 said:
The Pokémon needs to touch the Mega Stone to get it to work? I thought it just sorta felt warm/itchy when it was activated, so Gardevoir touches it because it feel weird.

The Houdoom example was not about the need of touching the stone (which I don't know if it's required or not) but about the need to have the stone with the Pokémon, which is easier for Pokémon with hands since they can pick it and carry it (even then they can't just be always holding the stone since they might need to make a physical attack or something) but with Pokémon like Houndoom you'll need a human help in getting some kind of prop to carry the stone and make the Pokémon wear, be it a bracelet or a necklace, and that's what I was talking about not being entirely the Pokémon choice's.
Like I've said before, the method the creator's came with is just lame and doesn't make all that sense since it could feel more natural, it's weird (it's like Piplup's thing with Everstone: it doesn't carry the box holding the stone so when starting to evolve Dawn will have to rush over to it to give it the stone or, if it's alone, it'll have to supress it like it used to).

I think the Everstone works like normal Evolution Stones in the Animé, where it disappears once it's been used.

The highlight of BW for me was Wobbuffet saying his name at the end.

In BW? Are you sure we're thinking of the same series?

Blob55 said:
I think the Everstone works like normal Evolution Stones in the Animé, where it disappears once it's been used.

I couldn't remember how the episode was so I checked and Dawn only received the stone at the end of the episode, meaning that we didn't watch Piplup trying to evolve after that in that same episode so it could be that it was a one episode thing or it works with Dawn hanging to it, meaning that it's somewhat of a mix: the Everstone is a holding item but appears that it doesn't need the Pokémon to be the one holding it (or it the situation was to repeat, Dawn would have to handle the stone to Piplup or getting it near the Pokémon. Either way, I think that it's supposed to work somewhat like in the games instead of being a one time thing only (if it was to be useful for just one time, I guess Nurse Joy would warn Dawn about that).

Best part is when Krookodile used aerial ace, its hilarious :D I think it was when he was in the unova league, not sure.

EDIT: Episode name is Strong Strategy Steals the Show.

I love everything in Pokemon Black and White! It's my favourite Pokemon series, especially the parts with N. I don't know why people think its that bad.

For the funny moments, Cilan is the first person to come in my head.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Blob55 said:

I couldn't remember how the episode was so I checked and Dawn only received the stone at the end of the episode, meaning that we didn't watch Piplup trying to evolve after that in that same episode so it could be that it was a one episode thing or it works with Dawn hanging to it, meaning that it's somewhat of a mix: the Everstone is a holding item but appears that it doesn't need the Pokémon to be the one holding it (or it the situation was to repeat, Dawn would have to handle the stone to Piplup or getting it near the Pokémon. Either way, I think that it's supposed to work somewhat like in the games instead of being a one time thing only (if it was to be useful for just one time, I guess Nurse Joy would warn Dawn about that).

The problem is, wouldn't it also affect Dawn's other Pokémon? Cyndaquil managed evolved, so why is it only effecting Piplup if Dawn holds onto it for him.

Blob55 said:
In BW? Are you sure we're thinking of the same series?

Yeah, Wobbuffet actually made an appearance toward the end of the final episode, The Dream Continues! Even though he was in shadow, he shouted his name behind TR when they were leaving HQ.

Anyway, my favorite parts in BW were the Episode N arc and Oshawott if anyone needs to know. Oshawott was funny without being overly annoying and any episode involving Team Plasma and N were fantastic and had plenty of good moments!

Blob55 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

The problem is, wouldn't it also affect Dawn's other Pokémon? Cyndaquil managed evolved, so why is it only effecting Piplup if Dawn holds onto it for him.

Well thought! I didn't remember of that but so it means that the Pokémon must be near the stone (or holding it) when evolution is about to happen.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Blob55 said:

Well thought! I didn't remember of that but so it means that the Pokémon must be near the stone (or holding it) when evolution is about to happen.

Then at the end of every battle Piplup would start glowing. Later on in DP, he even forgot Bide, so Dawn would have to grab it quickly.

Blob55 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

Then at the end of every battle Piplup would start glowing. Later on in DP, he even forgot Bide, so Dawn would have to grab it quickly.

Again, I couldn't remember something, this time if Bide was used before the Everstone episode and apparently it was used right away in the first episode of DP. Since in the anime there isn't the four slot limit it was perhaps just a choice made by the creators and so like I've said before:
(...) we didn't watch Piplup trying to evolve after that in that same episode so it could be that it was a one episode thing (..,)
, and so it was really something to be forgotten (Piplup about to evolve and not wanting to) as the series moved on, either because people wouldn't actually remember that or would just assume that if it were to happen, Dawn would be there to stop it or Piplup would use Bide if they were apart. It's kind of one of those things of "live and let live".
Ash forgets about fighting evil teams right in the next episode to that, it forgets type-matchups and the dumbest thing and oldest trick in the book: the Pokémon who uses Dig will always attack the Pokémon from bellow so sit still (close the eyes if needed) and try to feel the rumbling underneath the earth to avoid it.

RE: Favourite Moments in BW and Theories

Do you think Ash will see N in the Kalos region? If so, I think it will be in Shalour City, or the palace with the Reshiram and Zekrom statues.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Ash forgets about fighting evil teams right in the next episode to that, it forgets type-matchups and the dumbest thing and oldest trick in the book: the Pokémon who uses Dig will always attack the Pokémon from bellow so sit still (close the eyes if needed) and try to feel the rumbling underneath the earth to avoid it.

I never got why Torterra just didn't use Earthquake to hurt the Pokémon underneath it, or used Rock Climb, so it could get away from the Pokémon using Dig.

Blob55 said:
Leaf_Ranger said:

I never got why Torterra just didn't use Earthquake to hurt the Pokémon underneath it, or used Rock Climb, so it could get away from the Pokémon using Dig.

Or that, indeed.
Torterra was just so underused because of Ash's stupidity (and far more interest in Chimchar) and because Paul also had one. Oh well, this isn't about what went wrong with DP.

Leaf_Ranger said:
Blob55 said:

Or that, indeed.
Torterra was just so underused because of Ash's stupidity (and far more interest in Chimchar) and because Paul also had one. Oh well, this isn't about what went wrong with DP.

It is now. :p

Paul didn't even use Torterra for his fight against Ash, so we never got to see a good fight with Torterra in the league.
Torterra got better use than Unfezant and Palpitoad. Ash at least TRIED to use Torterra.

Back