Double Mega Break M Mawile + M Aerodactyl Set Overpriced on Amiami?

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Hi, I pre-ordered this hastily from Amiami.com

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...list?s_cate2=86$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

However, I at first didn't count the 10k yen to USD and assumed it was around 10$. Then I realized "wait... but if 1,296 yen is around 10$... does this mean 10,500 yen is close to 100$?!" And after I converted it, it's around 85$. That is a pretty extreme for 10 booster packs and 3 special cards, plus 14 normal ones...

Is this supposed to be retail suggested price?

That's the 6 pack box. You don't get just one of the item, but 6. Full title of the page is (emphasis mine): "Pokemon Card Game XY BREAK - Double Mega BREAK Set M Aerodactyl EX + M Mawile EX + Luxray BREAK 6Pack BOX(Pre-order)". The individual sets can be found at this URL here and are only ¥1720, about US$14.25.

I'm guessing you meant to order the single set but instead ordered the 6 pack box by mistake.

I have heard from some people that AmiAmi may be willing to cancel pre-orders if you e-mail them, so that may be your best course of action. After they cancel, you can re-order the correct item.

Ohhhhh.... oops. Well that makes it better then! I did only want one but hey now I have more packs to open for a pretty decent price. Thanks for the clearing that up for me! Actually I was going to keep it either way, but it was just baffling how pricey that was, but now I know why!

Glad to hear it was useful. :) But, yeah, you have to be careful because AmiAmi does sell bulk like that, so it's good to double check price and product info before confirming. This isn't the first time I've heard of this issue happening. Hope you enjoy opening all those packs! :p

Back