Does anyone have information about this card?

nvrBungeeJumped

I think I'm evil!
anyone every seen a card printed like this?
KKHN1Ng.png

RE: what is up with this card?

Daelum said:
Is this your card?

nope. apparently there is something up with the printing of it... wondering if anyone has come across anything like it before.

RE: what is up with this card?

Hydro Cannon said:
It's a sticker I believe. Or a fake. But I believe it's a stivker

Good idea! Never thought of that but a sticker makes sense. Now that you mention it it does look a bit like some Pokemon stickers I have seen.
Still trying to nail down what exactly it is.

I agree with Hydro Cannon, it's probably a sticker. I have a Blane's Tauros sticker with that same weird style of holo-foil. It's slightly smaller then a actual Pokemon card, and the backing of the sticker looks like a actual card, so I thought it was some weird fake for the longest time.

Haha, I saw that set for sale on ebay over a month ago and was gonna snipe it until I realized they were stickers.

:p

Yeah, definitely stickers. Back when Pokémon was super popular, there was a sticker vending machine at the local mini golf that had those stickers in it and I bought quite a few.

I just asked the seller. he said they're. cards ~_~

I find it strange that there is a 1st ed stamp on it if it's a sticker.

If that card is a smaller-then-TCG card and has a Japanese card back, it is a counterfeit or fake. Those stickers were sold worldwide in vending machines, and appear to be made by media factory, HOWEVER they are not! They are large scale bootlegs. Unofficial items, but very interesting, and some of the better early fakes.

There were never any misprints like this. WOTC did some pretty interesting misprints, but nothing like this. It's a sticker.

I just asked him to double check. Here is what he said.

"wow- just to be sure, i carefully tried to peel one of the cards, and they are stickers. so i will have to revise listing as stickers."

I guess he has had them for a while too, like ~8 years.

Lol, I would have bought them if they were fakes or misprints.

theducktamer said:
There were never any misprints like this. WOTC did some pretty interesting misprints, but nothing like this. It's a sticker.

Also just wondering: does WOTC acknowledge their misprints or do collectors document that?

Yeah I would have sniped it months ago before you :p

I am pretty sure it is just collectors that do that. From what I understand errors aren't exactly something to be proud of for WOTC haha.

bagoly14 said:
errors aren't exactly something to be proud of for WOTC haha.
True, true; good point.

The secret rare cards were cool and reminded me of the error cards in the first few sets, but that is off topic.

Thanks all for thinking about this with me.

To me it looks like a sticker or a Kabutops in a special card sleeve. Hard to tell though XD.:)

Back