Playthrough DNA's Choose-My-Team Run-Through of Pokémon Pearl! Finished!

RE: DNA's Choose-My-Team Run-Through of Pokémon Pearl! Ch. 12 up!

Good thing you didn't get the joke in the previous post. Or did you?
Also, KG for Flint, huh? The major executives are slowly being revealed.

DNA said:
Just for saying 'YOLO' here, of all places, you deserve to die.

unsheathed said:
>yolo
>in the same thread as dolo

I hope your New Year's resolution is to feel less shameful.

Pity that you didn't realize I did it on purpose. :p

Athena said:
DNA said:
If you like Mantyke at all, I will eat you alive.

I was going to make a dirty joke here, but I guess I should leave that for Aphrodite.

Instead, for my final words, I'd just like to point out that you probably shouldn't trust Ice Jackal with the little girl.
lololololololol

Keeper of Night said:
DNA said:
Just for saying 'YOLO' here, of all places, you deserve to die.

unsheathed said:
>yolo
>in the same thread as dolo

I hope your New Year's resolution is to feel less shameful.

Pity that you didn't realize I did it on purpose. :p

We did realize that, you dolt.

;-;
DNA, you sadden me.

/End UndetecableJokes

Anyway, I want to see the post-game chapters. Will you be catching Heatran?

I caught Heatran just before I restarted Pearl to play dolo, so most likely not. I don't think I'll be doing any post-game legend catching - just hitting the new areas and that'll be it.

RE: DNA's Choose-My-Team Run-Through of Pokémon Pearl! Ch. 13 up!

A new chapter of dolo counts as a New Year's present, right? right?

DNA's Pokémon Pearl Dolo Run-Through
Chapter 13: I'm Almost There, I Promise

Much like I did with Mount Coronet before now, this entire part will be dedicated to traversing Victory Road. Personally I never found this dungeon hard as it was all one straight line from start to finish (as Victory Road standardly is), but people have trouble, so why not, I'll hold your hand. Note, you will need the Strength, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb HMs to clear Victory Road, and when you leave, you will need to use Surf and Waterfall to finish.

Make sure you have those 5 HM moves in your party before continuing! Failure to have any of them, especially Surf and Waterfall, will require you to turn back and start again!

Note, once you reach the entrance to Victory Road at the Pokemon Center, you may fly back there any time (much like with Ever Grande City in RSE and Victory Road in BW2). With that said, let us begin.

At the very entrance is a bridge. Cross it, obviously. Go down the first wall you can use Rock Climb on, and head to the left; past the Psychic is TM41 Torment. (The Psychic has an Alakazam AND a Gengar, so be careful.) Off to the right is a hidden Ultra Ball. There are a bunch of ledges that lead here, so the way to go back through Victory Road (south) is to use these ledges. We want to go north, so they are of no help, so onward we go. Back up the wall.

Cross the bridge to the east and go down the small staircase; pass a Bird Keeper to acquire a Full Heal, then double back, cross the bridge to the north, and climb down with Rock Climb. From there, keep going west, taking care not to jump down any ledges, and go up a staircase to the north. (There is a Cooltrainer there with a Blissey, so, again, be careful.) Go past the Cooltrainer due north still to find a hidden Max Elixir. Then, ascend the stairway you find there to go to the west floor of Victory Road.

Immediately you will see obstacles to move/destroy with Strength/Rock Smash. Go west first. Push the two boulders towards each other as much as you can, then hop on your bike and leap over the ramp. Once you get past that ramp, change your bike into the lower gear, and then leap over the ramp to collect a Max Ether. Change it back into the higher gear to escape, then go south, smashing the rocks that impede you.

You will now see 3 boulders pushable with Strength. Push the top-right one south 1 square, the top-left one west 1 square, and the bottom-left one south 1 square (or all the way south to the wall) to proceed. After this, you'll see 2 more. LEAVE THE RIGHT ONE ALONE. Push the left one south 1 square, then go around that small loop in the wall (smash the rock) and push it back north again 1 square to keep going. The Cooltrainer right after that you can't avoid has a Torterra of her own, but I have Crumpets on my side.

CRAP I FORGOT GRAVITY WAS IN EFFECT
that was extremely depressing
*uses Revive*

After this there are another 3 boulders, with 2 paths to go down. You can't do both at once, so you'll need to do one first, then the other. To make things easier, go north first. Push the middle boulder east 1 square. There's a Rare Candy hidden behind one of them. Then, pass the Expert, go down and back up the stairs, and simply push the middle boulder down to access the other path, which has another boulder maze, with 3 boulders.

Push the bottom one east until it's flush against the wall. Go around, then push the top one west, smash the rock, then push the middle one south to go onward. From here, there are 2 bike ramp puzzles; take the top one first, then go back for the bottom. The top one has TM71 Stone Edge; the bottom one has a Full Restore.

Right about here, I went back to the Pokemon Center since Crumpets fainted yet again and TorTERROR destroyed himself with recoil, and I didn't want to deal with that, since I dropped 2 slots for HM slaves.

Go down the stairs past the Expert (this will put you back in the main room) and crawl down the wall with Rock Climb. Go west (again, avoid the ledge), past the incompetent Black Belt, and go down the staircase. This will put you into the east room, which requires Surf to navigate. Keep going until you hit the water's edge and surf across; go to where the Psychic is (the other way is a dead-end). We'll take a slight detour here; go surf across the pond southeast from the Psychic. There's a hidden Pearl (lolwhatever), but there's a room past the Double Team that contains something interesting: a Rare Candy (use Surf). There is also a hidden Max Revive there.

Okay, double back to where the Psychic is in the east room. You can either surf right away or go around on the land; either way, you will need to use Surf to continue north. Go up the waterfall, then go down the next one (briefly) to snag TM59 Dragon Pulse (then go back up again). The Dragon Tamer right there as a Gabite, which although not fully evolved can still be tricky. Near the staircase to go on is a hidden Big Mushro-NO ONE CARES

We are in the home stretch at this point; there is not much to go before we can leave. Run past the Expert to the west, avoiding him, to snag a Razor Claw - which will come in VERY handy for me (read: evolve Carlos). Past the staircase behind the Expert is a Zinc and a very fat man.

<PineappleX> Let me size you up...
<%DNA> you're fat; you're not allowed to say that
<PineappleX> You're going to become even tougher. You'll meet many, many Pokemon.
<PineappleX> That's what you should be thinking. Eventually the world will grow bigger to you!
<%DNA> Move. I wish to explore beyond there.
<PineappleX> but i dun wanna ;-;
<%DNA> Move or die.
<PineappleX> noooooooooooooooooo
* PineappleX pout
<%DNA> tell you what, I'll make you a deal
<%DNA> I am currently busy with taking on the Pokemon League. Thus, I have more important things to do.
<%DNA> If you are not gone by the time I have beaten the champion,
* DNA drops his voice to a whisper
<%DNA> I will end you and all that you love.
* PineappleX glup
<PineappleX> o-okay...
<%DNA> Good! Okay, have a nice day.​

Then I just walk off.

Past the Expert (yes, you will have to fight him eventually - he has an Empoleon, so be warned), there is a west path and an east path - east leads out, so I'll go west first. The west path is pretty long and requires Rock Climb and Strength, but has no other obstacles, and at the end there is TM79 Dark Pulse. The east path is shorter and, again, requires Rock Climb. There is a Dragon Tamer right there, who is the last trainer you will fight within Victory Road itself.

At last we are outside. The Sky Plate is actually hidden due south of the left pillar, but other than that, there are no more items. Climb the waterfall and you are there. If you look off the side, you can see a layer of cloud or fog off in the distance below.

Finally, we are done! I heal my team up so they're back at full power once more, and we are good to go! One of the Cooltrainers in the lobby remarks at how relaxed my team is even though they're about to go up against the Elite Four...who are probably 4 super-elite trainers handpicked by Pride himself. I buy some more supplies and get checked at the door.

<ChillBill> hey DNA
<ChillBill> finally made it, I see
<%DNA> took me long enough, didn't it?
<ChillBill> heh, yeah. anyway, I'm the guard for up here. Standard procedure; can I see your badge case?
<%DNA> sure, I'll just...
*** Teapot has joined #lobby
<+Teapot> WAIT
<+Teapot> WAIT A MINUTE
<%DNA> shut up I'm busy ninja-ing you
<+Teapot> NO
<+Teapot> THIS HAS TO WAIT
<%DNA> ugh, fine, since you won't be quiet.
<%DNA> what is it?
<+Teapot> DNA, I...I have to test your team one last time. To make sure I'M ready.
<+Teapot> I know you're ready. You're always ready. You don't need to worry. I do.
<+Teapot> And I know I'm going to lose, but...I want to see how long I can last.
<%DNA> that's the most noble thing I've ever heard out of you, even though it is wishy-washy.
<%DNA> ...Very well, I shall indulge you.
<%DNA> PREPARE YOUR BALLS
<+Teapot> MY BALLS ARE PREPARED
* DNA straightens his fedora
*** DNA is now known as Hazama
<%Hazama> Let's go!​

And thus begins my last fight with Teapot before beginning the Pokemon League Challenge. As expected, he leads with Staraptor, at lv. 48, which isn't bad. My opener is lv. 44 Aphrodite, just to be safe. Teapot misclicks and goes for Steel Wing first, while Aphrodite drenches Staraptor in Muddy Water, lowering its accuracy. Immediately Teapot calls back his Staraptor (smart boy) and replaces it with lv. 49 Roserade, who takes the Muddy Water quite easily. This forces me to switch out as well, so I tag to Crumpets in anticipation. Roserade uses Grasswhistle, putting him to sleep. I don't feel like wasting time, so I use an Awakening while the Roserade uses Shadow Ball.

<+Teapot> hey!
<+Teapot> no fair using an item!
<%Hazama> it's not my fault you're poor
<%Hazama> 'sides, you never said they weren't allowed
<%Hazama> now shut up and fight.​

Crumpet's Wing Attack is nearly an OHKO, while Teapot misclicks again and selects Giga Drain. That misclick cost him his Roserade. One down, five to go. Next, he sends out a lv. 49 Floatzel. I snicker a bit and change to TorTERROR. The Floatzel uses Brick Break (what, no Ice Fang?), while TorTERROR beats Floatzel to a pulp with...yeah you know what move it is. Two down.

He goes back to the Staraptor, and I go back to Aphrodite. Staraptor uses Aerial Ace (what, no Brave Bird?) and Aphrodite uses Muddy Water for the KO. Already I'm halfway done, though Teapot is getting a little smarter. His next choice is a Snorlax, something he acquired fairly recently, it seems, since he didn't have it last fight. It's lv. 51, and TorTERROR is only 49, but meh, type trumps. Thorne, Close Combat, gg Snorlax.

This leaves Heracross and Infernape, and I'm not sure what he'll go for next. I assume Infernape...yep, and it's lv. 53. I don't feel like risking TorTERROR at this point, so I switch to Aphrodite instead. Much to my shock, the Infernape uses Focus Blast, which KOs Aphrodite. Shocked, I switch to Crumpets instead, who uses Wing Attack. My mistake; I should have used Confuse Ray. Infernape uses Shadow Claw, putting Crumpets in the red. I toss Crumpets a Moomoo Milk, which he sips like a sir, and Infernape uses Flamethrower, nearly cancelling its effects. Not seeing this go much farther, Crumpets uses Confuse Ray, causing Infernape to smack itself. The subsequent Wing Attack is a KO.

His last is a lv. 50 Heracross, which I leave Crumpets in on. Teapot is taking this rather well, being surprisingly calm even though he's down to his last, knowing he will probably lose. Wing Attack isn't an OHKO, shockingly enough, and Rock Slide takes out the last of Crumpets' HP, so now I've lost 2, but...I send in Carlos to use Slash on Heracross for the KO, thus sealing the match for me.

<+Teapot> ...not bad.
<+Teapot> I think I'm doing the right thing, since I lasted longer against you than I thought I would.
<+Teapot> Though, even though I have the level advantage, I still lost...
<+Teapot> But, thanks for the battle. Now I know what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.
<%Hazama> No worries.
<+Teapot> Well, I'm off to train again, making sure I'll win and not scrub out like always.
<+Teapot> o/
<%Hazama> \o
*** Teapot has left #pokemonleague
<%Hazama> now, where were we?
* Hazama shows his badge case.
<ChillBill> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... yep, that's all 8!
<ChillBill> Grats, DNA. Whenever you're ready, troll god.
<%Hazama> I will! ...when I'm ready. For now, I have some training to do myself. I don't want to take them on unless I'm fully prepared for what's ahead.
<%Hazama> especially that I know it ends with a Garchomp. asdf
<ChillBill> all right, man; take care​

Instead of ending the part right now, I'm going to level grind for a bit until I feel my team is fit to take on the Elite Four. And when that happens, instead of doing my usual part-ending spiel with my team level, instead I will post my team, and all relevant specs, at the start of the next part, which will be devoted entirely to my Pokemon League challenge. (For those interested, the team is roughly in the mid-40s at the end of this part, but will be much higher when I tackle the League itself.) So, for now, this is DNA signing off. See you soon.

End of Part 13!

Run past the Expert to the west, avoiding him, to snag a Razor Claw - which will come in VERY handy for me (read: evolve Carlos).

Don't need to worry about Garchomp when you have Weavile.

I don't know if Ice Shard would one-shot Garchomp. Might put it close, but if it survives, it uses Earthquake and KOs Weavile.

DNA said:
I don't know if Ice Shard would one-shot Garchomp. Might put it close, but if it survives, it uses Earthquake and KOs Weavile.

...How does yours know Ice Shard? Didn't you catch it in the Wild?

I was assuming you would teach it Icy Wind (the only Ice-type move it learns via level-up) or Ice Beam.

But aren't you done with the E4 anyway?

Well, that went well. On guard, huh? Pretty good (well-paid). Good luck with the training you've already done.

@KoN: Sneasel gets Ice Shard by level-up at level 49.
And yes I am done with the E4 now. Extra Chapter 1 (of 3) is done now as well.

DNA said:
@KoN: Sneasel gets Ice Shard by level-up at level 49.
And yes I am done with the E4 now. Extra Chapter 1 (of 3) is done now as well.

Oh, derp.
Carry on.

I was there. Thank you. <3

DON'T KILL MEH PLEEZ ;___;

RE: DNA's Choose-My-Team Run-Through of Pokémon Pearl! Ch. 14 up!

DNA's Pokémon Pearl Dolo Run-Through
Chapter 14: The Indigo Doleau, Except It's in Sinnoh

This is it, the last bit before I take on the full force of Pride's Dolo Four. In DPPt, they have always been difficult for me, getting progressively harder towards the end and I manage to scrap through mostly due to luck - and it came down to "either I kill the Garchomp NOW or it kills me". Thus, instead of going in right away, I started level-grinding my team, and I think they each gained eight levels, at least, before we were ready to take them on. And given how Pride has picked his best and brightest to guard the way to the champion, it won't be easy anyway. It'll just be less hard.

Below I'm going to list small bios for each of the six members of Team Dolo, including personality, moves, stats, and such. I will even include a nifty picture for each one!
In order of joining the team, here they are.

TorTERROR

TorTERROR.jpg

(Source: Ruth Taylor)​

Without a doubt, Torterra is definitely the main figurehead of Team Dolo, and the reason that inspired me to take on Pearl again in the first place. And it's no wonder - it's a large reptilian continent monster that has an entire world upon its back. It truly is the focus of this place, and can definitely be called the World Turtle of Dolo. He's been a real buddy to the team, being the quickest to volunteer for the frontlines when the going is tough, and never backs down from a challenge. On top of that, he is Pride's signature Pokemon, and thus much of Pride's personality rubs off on this legendary tortoise. But, all in all, I think TorTERROR is a pretty cool guy. eh dream-smashes and doesn't afraid of anything.

TorTERROR is lv. 58, holds a Quick Claw, and his moveset is Earthquake, Crunch, Synthesis, and Wood Hammer.

Crumpets

gentlemancrobat_zps458cb8a4.png

(Source: Blui129)​

Crumpets is one of the most valuable, and definitely the most classy, asset that Team Dolo has to offer. Setting himself apart from his Zubat brethren by being highly educated and refined, he has since proven himself to the team many times over, by not only being fantastic in battle (he covers TorTERROR's weaknesses nicely), but also by being the team's chef - we never go a day without his fantastic tea and biscuits, and we're quite thankful for it. His accent and upper-class apparel makes him the envy of trainers everywhere, and he and TorTERROR are brothers-in-arms.

Crumpets is lv. 55, holds an Amulet Coin, and his moveset is Cross Poison, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, and Bite.

Thorne

Thorne.png

(Source: Storm-of-the-East)​

Thorne is originally a Johto native, having traveled here at the behest of a friend. She was the first female of the group, and was originally met with skepticism, but was eventually welcomed as being one of the team, through and through. In terms of physical offense, she's the strongest of the team, even surpassing TorTERROR (though not by much), though she's not quite as sturdy as he is. The two of them are drinking buddies whenever there's a moment's rest. She is BFFs with Aphrodite, but does not get along with Geist at all.

Thorne is lv. 55, holds a Shell Bell, and her moveset is Brick Break, Close Combat, Night Slash, and Megahorn.

Geist

Geist.jpg

(Source: Scootw91)​

Geist is definitely the team's resident troll. He will never pass up a moment to make a jab, light-hearted or otherwise, at anyone, and (like myself) loves to poke fun at the game's script. Thorne is his primary harassment target, and he loves irritating her, despite being asked to cool it down and divert the trolling elsewhere. The one he gets along with the best in the team is probably Carlos, though most of the time he just keeps to himself, stepping onto the battlefield only when he knows there's a job to be done.

Geist is lv. 55, holds a Spooky Plate, and his moveset is Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, and Confuse Ray.

Aphrodite

OeAYpnW.png

(Source: Imgur, though I don't know who made it)​

Aphrodite originally signed on to the team as Thorne's 'pet', and was unable to speak for herself until she evolved into Gastrodon. She and Thorne have always got along well, and she spends most of her time talking to Thorne. She tends to stay out of the way a lot, as she's very quiet, though she does do quite a good job of cheering the team on. Much like TorTERROR, she is quite sturdy when fighting, and can last for quite a long time with little worry - and that's why she's on the team.

Aphrodite is lv. 55, holds a Mystic Water, and her moveset is Muddy Water, Earthquake, Ice Beam, and Recover.

Carlos

Carlos.jpg

(Source: teckworks)​

Carlos is an old friend of mine, and I'm not quite sure myself how he managed to end up in Sinnoh. He spends a lot of his time drawing or sewing, thinking of new projects to express his artistic talent with (I myself have a Darkrai.dek playmat and a Goomy plush that he's made). While on Team Dolo, he doesn't speak much either, mostly because he's busy and plotting his next new idea. He is always seen with either a sketchbook or a needle and thread, and is traveling with Team Dolo primarily to peddle his wares to the denizens of Sinnoh.

Carlos is lv. 55, holds a Dread Plate, and his moveset is Night Slash, Swords Dance, Brick Break, and Ice Shard.

At last we are ready. The team knows what is waiting ahead of them, and they're gladly up to the challenge - they are prepared for anything. I trust in them too, but Pride has put his four best at the very end to take us down, so this will be no easy feat. With that, we enter the first room...

<&Shadow_Scyther> hi DNA
<&Shadow_Scyther> nice to see you again
<%DNA> SS? They put you here?
<%DNA> So, you're the first of the Dolo Four?
<&Shadow_Scyther> no
<&Shadow_Scyther> i accually is dolan
<%DNA> ...
<%DNA> shdo styhcr pls
<&Shadow_Scyther> dan pls
<%DNA> dloo pls
<&Shadow_Scyther> pkeboch pls
<%DNA> okay I think we should stop and get to the point
<&Shadow_Scyther> k let's go​

Dolo Four #1 Shadow Scyther is the first obstacle in my way. It's somewhat fitting, considering the first guy up is the Bug user. The music that plays is the gym leader music, yes, but it's in a lower key, and seems to have a more sinister air because of it. No big surprise there...this is the endgame.

SS starts with a Dustox, at lv. 53. Since I know he uses Bugs, I started with Crumpets. He does his usual cautious start, opening with Confuse Ray. Dustox immediately uses a Light Screen, which may make things harder for Geist or Aphrodite if they appear. Dustox never gets off any other attacks, though, and Wing Attack is a 2HKO.

SS then switches to his lv. 57 Drapion, which I believe to be his strongest (even though it's not technically a Bug-type). Naturally, I put in TorTERROR, and Drapion's Cross Poison only did a tiny bit of damage before Earthquake smashed it. It was a 2HKO, though, and it managed to get in an X-Scissor to bring TorTERROR to half HP.

Next he goes to his lv. 53 Beautifly. Instead of going back to Crumpets, I have Geist take this one. Its Thunderbolt is an OHKO, knocking it right out of the sky. PMJ knew that Beautifly was a bad idea from his Ruby run; clearly SS didn't catch on. The next one to appear is the lv. 54 Heracross, so obviously Crumpets takes the initiative with Wing Attack, obviously an OHKO due to the glaring weakness.

The final one is a Vespiquen at lv. 54, which I know is quite a wall. Nevertheless, Crumpets stays in and opens with Confuse Ray, as he did with Dustox, to wear the queen bee down. It gets in a Defend Order though, which will make things frustrating. Crumpets goes with his trusty Wing Attack, which ends up scoring a critical hit and OHKOing Vespiquen before it could do anything else.

<&Shadow_Scyther> not bad DNA
<&Shadow_Scyther> you might just have what it takes to take on the Dolo League
<%DNA> That's why I'm here. I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could do it.
<&Shadow_Scyther> Well, I'm at the bottom of the totem pole
<&Shadow_Scyther> there's still 3 more ahead of me, and they're all tougher.
<&Shadow_Scyther> It won't be easy, DNA. Bring your best.
<%DNA> Thanks man. Take care.​

I heal off the main casualty from that fight with SS (a Moomoo Milk to bring TorTERROR back to full health), and go on to the next room, wondering who will await me next.

<%DNA> you know...
<%DNA> I was thinking who Pride might cast as Bertha
<%DNA> someone old, or at least acts old
<%DNA> has a stall-like battle style
<%DNA> and likes to go on old-person rants a lot
<%DNA> isn't that right, Zenith?
<&Zenith> are you just really good at guessing or what
<%DNA> yes, I am
<&Zenith> WELL THEN
<&Zenith> I GUESS I'M JUST REALLY PREDICTABLE AREN'T I
<&Zenith> dang kids
<%DNA> ...you're younger than me. I don't think you're allowed to say that.
<&Zenith> I definitely act older than you
<%DNA> yeah
<%DNA> way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay older
<&Zenith> that a problem?
<&Zenith> let's just get started​

Dolo Four #2 Zenith opens with a lv. 55 Protect-spamming Quagsire. This is probably going to take a while. After getting off the first Protect, and then getting hit, it shoots off Sandstorm. Too bad I chose to lead with Aphrodite, who isn't even remotely bothered. It starts to set up Double Team, which is going to make things reeeeeeeeeeeally annoying. Not wishing to waste precious Muddy Water PP, I switch in based TorTERROR. Right as I do that, it uses Dig, so this calls for Earthquake, which only barely leaves it conscious. The subsequent Crunch takes it out. Thank goodness; that would have been annoying if it got more than 1 DT up.

Next one's lv. 55 Whiscash. lol. wood hammer gg
A lv. 56 Sudowoodo comes up next, and I choose to play it safe and go back to Aphrodite, since I want to KO the thing. It was a good choice, since Muddy Water is an OHKO. I leave Aphrodite in on the next one, a lv. 56 Golem, as Muddy Water also OHKOs that.

I was expecting more of a challenge, but now Zenith finally decides to send out the Hippowdon, sitting at a comfortable lv. 59, one above TorTERROR...who just smacked it into the red with Wood Hammer. It uses Curse next, though it had the opportunity to do more. The next Wood Hammer takes it out, since the Full Restore was already wasted on the Quagsire. TorTERROR is barely standing at this point, but at least he's still up, and he can be healed after the fight.

<&Zenith> if I knew I was going up against TorTERROR I probably would have just scooped before the fight
<&Zenith> seriously how am I supposed to deal with that thing
<TorTERROR> you don't
* TorTERROR deals with you
<&Zenith> well, I've done what I needed to do
<&Zenith> you're halfway there
<%DNA> and it only gets harder from here on out?
<%DNA> yeah, I know.
<&Zenith> enjoy your autowin, DNA
<&Zenith> it's the only one you'll get​

Somehow when Zenith says that, it makes it seem more foreboding. I apply a Hyper Potion to TorTERROR this time (man, he takes such a beating and still keeps going) before heading to the next room, and am guessing that TorTERROR won't be seen in this next matchup very much...

<&Kevin_Garrett> so you've come
<&Kevin_Garrett> I thought you'd be here sooner.
<%DNA> Kevin? Didn't think I'd see you here.
<%DNA> Or at least not so soon.
<&Kevin_Garrett> Was my appearance in Sunyshore not a hint?
<&Kevin_Garrett> Well, either way, you're here now, so it's time for us to spar.
<&Kevin_Garrett> Hope you're ready, DNA. I will show no mercy!​

And Kevin is back again, as Dolo Four #3. I had a feeling I'd be fighting him sooner or later...and of course it's going to frustrate me. He opens with a lv. 58 Rapidash, while I have to open with Aphrodite. He starts with Flare Blitz, that takes off about a third of Aphrodite's HP, while she Earthquakes - she's trying to save the Muddy Water PP for now. Earthquake does KO the Rapidash, fortunately, due to the recoil.

Kevin does not waste any time at all, and skips straight to the Infernape, at a very staggering lv. 61. I think Aphrodite can take it, but I'm worried as to why he skipped like that. Does the Infernape have something I'm not aware of? Fearing a Close Combat, I switch to Geist. Infernape outspeeds, though, and uses Flare Blitz on Geist for a KO - oh dear. (I should have chosen Crumpets!) I'll just go back to Aphrodite and try the Earthquake, though before I can, the Infernape uses its own Earthquake, shredding off another third of Aphrodite's HP. Aphrodite's Earthquake, though, takes out the monkey king.

Kevin then moves to his lv. 57 Lopunny. I'm confused as to why he would have a Lopunny on his team, though I cannot comprehend Kevin's team-building skills, so I assume there is a deep and hidden meaning behind it. It outspeeds Thorne (whom I sent out), and the Charm is enough to make it survive the ensuing Close Combat. ...yeah, that's why he uses one. Its next move is Sunny Day, which allows Thorne to Brick Break it. I'm not sure why Kevin used that move, but he's probably plotting something I can't understand.

I wanted to send out Geist against Kevin's lv. 58 Drifblim, but he got KO'd from earlier, so I had to use Carlos. Night Slash put it in the red, but then it Baton Passed out to Steelix. Carlos can't really do anything to it, so I switch to Aphrodite. On the switch it used Rock Tomb, which did little, but it made Aphrodite slower. Steelix then used Fire Fang, but did little, allowing Gastrodon to Recover, twice, to full HP. Then, Muddy Water was an OHKO, so Kevin is only left with a wounded Drifblim. Kevin uses his Full Restore, though it's not enough to stop Carlos from tearing into it with a Night Slash and then an Ice Shard, which circumvented Aftermath.

<&Kevin_Garrett> I wish I had a little more to work with
<&Kevin_Garrett> but eh, I guess that's it
<&Kevin_Garrett> You should go. You're almost there.
<&Kevin_Garrett> Good luck.​

My healing agenda this time is a Revive and then a Soda Pop to bring Geist to a smidgen below full. I'm going to need him a lot for this next fight, as well as Thorne. This is highly ironic, given how they don't get along. I'm not sure who the next (and last) of the Dolo Four is. I'd think it was Jay, but I've already seen him before, so he isn't being cast as Lucian. So, if it isn't Jay, then who is it?

<&Hyper> Greetings and welcome, challenger
<&Hyper> I must admit I am very elated to have such a noble personage attend me in my personally prepared stadium
<&Hyper> It gives me an opportunity to expand my knowledge and analyze the team of another opponent that chances to cross paths with me
<%DNA> OH FOR THE LOVE OF let's just fight so I don't have to deal with your overly wordy sentences
<%DNA> sheesh it's worse than jay​

Hyper(beem) is represented as the final member of the Dolo Four - fitting, since he and Pride have sparred a few times in the past with very close matches each time. Yet right now his over-the-top preposition use is only serving to irritate me, so I try to make this battle as quick and painless as possible, for the both of us.

Hyper opens with a lv. 59 Mr. Mime, like I thought he would, so I respond by opening with Carlos. Night Slash basically rips it to pieces. His next is a lv. 60 Medicham, which I have Geist handle with a Shadow Ball. The Medicham is thus also ripped to pieces. He changes to lv. 60 Alakazam next, and I'm wary, but I change to Carlos just in case. I make a mistake doing so, and Alakazam outspeeds with Focus Blast for the OHKO. I use Crumpets next, unsure of what to do. I have him use Bite, which takes it down to half. Hyper inexplicably uses Focus Blast, which misses. This opening lets me KO with Bite again.

Two down. His next one is a lv. 59 Girafarig, and I choose to have TorTERROR handle this one. His Quick Claw trigger sand he uses Crunch which almost KOs it; the Girafarig gets off a Psychic, and later a Shadow Ball, but it doesn't do much as TorTERROR basically just eats it. Now I'm on the hard one: the lv. 63 Bronzong. I need to hit it hard and fast as I don't have any moves SE against it and I don't want to wait until it's too late. I choose to go with Thorne for this one. Megahorn takes off about a third of its HP, while it uses Gyro Ball for about the same. Megahorn repeats, while it uses Psychic, KOing Thorne. Scared of another Psychic, I go to Aphrodite, who uses Muddy Water, and lowers accuracy. It sets up a Calm Mind - not good. I wish to conserve PP so I go for Ice Beam. It's not KO'd, and its Earthquake misses because of Muddy Water. The next Ice Beam KOs it. And that's all she wrote.

<%DNA> I've...always had trouble here. Even then, even now.
<%DNA> It's because I don't have a Fire-type move. That's all there is to it.
<%DNA> Bronzong OP
<&Hyper> Indeed.
<&Hyper> But it's not over yet.
<&Hyper> The Champion of Dolo awaits you. Go forth now, and demonstrate your power.
<&Hyper> Now, goodbye!​

I heal up Carlos, Thorne, and TorTERROR completely to make sure I'm ready to take on the threat ahead. The Dolo Four have crumbled before me. There's only one last hurdle before me...but can I handle it?

<TorTERROR> don't worry man; we got this
<TorTERROR> sure it's been rough but we came through in the end.
<%DNA> I know. What I'm more worried about is who it is.
<%DNA> Those four were four of the toughest battlers I've fought. So who's last?
<TorTERROR> Isn't it obvious?
<TorTERROR> It's gotta be Pride himself. He created this game. Obviously he's at the end.
<%DNA> I guess that makes sense. But can I do it? Can I beat the master at his own game?
<Thorne> You have to. Or else we're stuck here, unable to prove ourselves.
<Geist> She's right. We have to do this. For him, and for all of us. To prove we're awesome.
<Aphrodite> I believe in us. You should believe in us too, DNA~
<Crumpets> For the chance to engage in battle against this world's very master...It is an honor to which I greatly look forward.
<Carlos> Heh, I don't really care one way or the other. As long as I get to see the sights, that's all I care about.
<TorTERROR> We're ready, DNA. Are you?
<%DNA> ...yes.
<%DNA> Yes, I am! Yes we are! We can do this together!
<%DNA> Charge!!
* DNA runs head-first into the final room!
<%DNA> I've been waiting for you, Pride!!
<%DNA> ....
<%DNA> ...'s wife?​

hello there shock ending; nice to see you again

<&Rebekah> Have you been keeping well?
<%DNA> Yeah, I guess, but...Why are YOU here?
<%DNA> I thought for sure, after the four before here...I'd be fighting Pride for sure!
<&Rebekah> He's actually waiting beyond here. He wants one final challenge first.
<&Rebekah> That, and the champion is a woman, so him playing Cynthia doesn't make sense.
<%DNA> Fair enough.
<%DNA> I suppose I should be happy that TDL wasn't here playing Cynthia as well.
<Geist> he's gonna need a Burn Heal for that one
<&Rebekah> Well, DNA? This is it, your final battle. This is Pride's team, though, so don't be too shocked.
<%DNA> I wouldn't come here if I wasn't fully ready to fight.
<%DNA> And Pride or not, I came here to finish his game.
<%DNA> So if I have to fight against you, then show me everything you've got!
<&Rebekah> Together, you and your Pokemon overcame all the challenges you faced, however difficult. It means that you've triumphed over any personal weaknesses, too.
<&Rebekah> The power you learned... I can feel it emanating from you. But that's enough talk. Let's get on with why you're here.
<&Rebekah> As the Pokemon League Champion, I accept your challenge!
<%DNA> Well then...
* DNA straightens fedora
*** DNA is now known as Hazama
<%Hazama> ...shall we get started?​

And thus begins the best two darn tracks in this whole game (the piano intro, and then the fight itself).

This is the last fight of the main Dolo run, and after this will be the postgame chapters, but after this I can truly call myself a Dolo Champion.

Figures that Pride would send his women in.

<Geist> OUCH
<Geist> THE PAIN
<Geist> LOOKS LIKE WE'LL NEED ANOTHER BURN HEAL​

And there's wisecracker Geist.

Champion Rebekah opens with a lv. 61 Spiritomb, a cheeky little so-and-so with no weaknesses, great defenses, and Pressure to eat your PP. I want to try Wood Hammer, but I don't want to waste my effort, so I go for Earthquake first. That's about half HP damage. Wood Hammer should be enough for the KO, and it is. (The move it used was Embargo.) Next, she opts to move to her lv. 63 Milotic. I'm confused; even though it has Ice Beam, Wood Hammer will probably do a lot of damage. It starts with Aqua Ring as a safety precaution, but Wood Hammer is a clean OHKO - and given how it was a Milotic, that is no mean feat.

I've taken care of one of the major threats (Milotic), which is good. Rebekah then sends out Gastrodon next; I'm really confused at this, since that just gets beaten to a pulp with Wood Hammer as well. After this point TorTERROR doesn't even really need to fight, and I'll have to switch him out anyway due to recoil.

<%Hazama> Those are some really weird choices...
<%Hazama> If you know TorTERROR has Wood Hammer, why did you send out the two things that are the most weak to it?
<&Rebekah> They had Ice Beam, for coverage. I didn't figure you'd do that much damage.
<TorTERROR> I'm TorTERROR
<TorTERROR> I leave nothing standing that has a bad matchup against me
<&Rebekah> In that case, I'll have to bring out the trump card.
<TorTERROR> I am in no shape to fight. I must withdraw. GL with the other 3, DNA​

Rebekah then goes all out, and sends out her strongest, the dreaded lv. 66 Garchomp. I send out my own Gastrodon, Aphrodite, who has Ice Beam for coverage. I also figure it's the best at absorbing the Garchomp's blows. Garchomp leads with Dragon Rush, which misses (why not just use Dragon Claw? I'll never understand this game), while Aphrodite uses Ice Beam, which not only hits but freezes Garchomp. It immediately thawed, however (hax cancel), and used Earthquake, which hit Aphrodite for over two-thirds of her HP. Thankfully, the second Ice Beam scored the KO on the Garchomp. The second of the 3 major threats on Rebekah's team is now gone.

Next to the field is the lv. 60 Roserade, not much surprise. Crumpets offers to take this one, and I tell him to watch out for the Extrasensory. As a precaution, he opens with Confuse Ray, as he usually does. Lately Confuse Ray hasn't been working well in the Dolo League, as it doesn't do much, then it just wears off. Here is no different; Crumpets is hit with Extrasensory, but is still up flying, and says he can still fight. He goes for his tried-and-true Wing Attack, which puts Roserade in the red. Roserade then decides to use an Energy Ball to finish off Crobat, but it falls short.

<%Hazama> Energy Ball? What?
<&Rebekah> I thought it'd be enough for the KO.
<%Hazama> There's no kill like overkill. If you aren't sure, go way overboard.
<%Hazama> It's the surest tip. That's why I went for Wood Hammer on the Spiritomb after EQ.
<&Rebekah> Hmm, good tip. I'll keep that in mind.​

Rebekah has no choice but to use her Full Restore on Roserade, but it lets Crumpets use the 2HKO Wing Attack. The final Pokemon is the lv. 63 Lucario, the final major threat, and I'm not sure who to put in. I choose to put Thorne in, thinking it'll be the best choice, since TorTERROR is effectively out of commission. Lucario goes first, and shoots off a Dragon Pulse, for a little under half of Thorne's HP. Thorne, however, decides to be merciless and use Close Combat, which is an OHKO. And with that...now, once and for all, a winner is Team Dolo!!

<&Rebekah> Just a few minutes ago, you were the most powerful challenger.
<&Rebekah> And just now, you became the most powerful of all the Trainers.
<&Rebekah> You are now our new Champion!
<%Hazama> haaahh...
<%Hazama> That was difficult, but so worth it
<%Hazama> In the end, all that level-grinding did pay off!
<%Hazama> It really did come in handy...
<&Rebekah> Well, congratulations, DNA. You did it. You're the Champion of this game. And now just ahead is the reward. Pride is in the room ahead, waiting. Take the lift.​

That's it, isn't it? No more fights to prove myself? No surprise ending? No twist ending "I am Pride; your argument is invalid"?

<~Pride> Nope :p
<~Pride> congrats DNA
<~Pride> I knew you could do it
<%Hazama> I thought you'd be fighting me at the end
<~Pride> Nah, Rebekah needs more practice
<~Pride> in case she needs to take over for me on PS
<%Hazama> like when you're really drunk?
<~Pride> that's right
<%Hazama> dolo
<~Pride> dolo indeed
<~Pride> Well then, let's commemorate your team in the Hall of Fame, and it shall be forever remembered...
<%Hazama> ...that I was harder, better, faster, and stronger than Teapot.
<~Pride> Haha, nice :p
<~Pride> Well, go ahead, DNA. It's your team. You've earned it.
<~Pride> There's a bit more to do in this game, but I'm sure you can handle it just fine.
<~Pride> Oh, and as a victory present,
*** Pride sets mode +o on Hazama
<@Hazama> WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO \o/​

And with that, the Pokemon League is done! After this will come the post-game chapters (I anticipate either 2 or 3) and this run-through of Pokemon Pearl Dolo Version will be done! Thanks to you guys for enjoying this read and sticking around 'til the end, and I hope you guys will enjoy the last few chapters as well!

Welcome to the Dolo Hall of Fame!

[sprite]389[/sprite] TorTERROR lv. 59
[sprite]214[/sprite] Thorne lv. 55
[sprite]461[/sprite] Carlos lv. 55
[sprite]423-1[/sprite] Aphrodite lv. 56
[sprite]94[/sprite] Geist lv. 55
[sprite]169[/sprite] Crumpets lv. 56

End of Part 14!

DNA said:
Thorne

Thorne.png

(Source: Storm-of-the-East)​

Thorne is originally a Johto native, having traveled here at the behest of a friend. She was the first female of the group, and was originally met with skepticism, but was eventually welcomed as being one of the team, through and through. In terms of physical offense, she's the strongest of the team, even surpassing TorTERROR (though not by much), though she's not quite as sturdy as he is. The two of them are drinking buddies whenever there's a moment's rest. She is BFFs with Aphrodite, but does not get along with Geist at all.

Thorne is lv. 55, holds a Shell Bell, and her moveset is Brick Break, Close Combat, Night Slash, and Megahorn.

Aww, I'm so proud of the little baby of my brain. <3

Really enjoyed (and will in the future too) this CMT. I might actually continue my own now, considering I've already got 3 badges there. XD

There's no way you read all of that in 7 minutes.

>Thorne is female
>Uses male picture

Congrats DNA!
Dolo run is (almost) finished!

>Thorne is female
>Uses male picture
I'd like to see you try and find a better picture of a female Heracross. Good *censored* luck.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Heracross-Readies-Megahorn-152130119

gg DNA

Back