Disastrous Fires in Southern California

RE: Disasterous Fires In Southern California

bacon said:
I switched on the news and at first I thought another terrorist attack had hit America. Paranoid ;0
:D
Jokes over, I was listening to the radio and I've just heard about it. This is devastating, It scares me to think about how much more damage it could cause, at least the suvivors are... Suvivors.:/

Kevin Garrett said:
blazing pokemon master said:
wait, isnt orange county in the way of the fires? If so wpm is in trouble!!!

This is near WPM, but he said he didn't have to be evacuated.

The fires arent too close to Orange yet, I believe.... Breathing has been a little = / because of the increased amount of smoke and ash. My uncle has a cabin in an area of one of the fires, so he's been worried about it and believes it has been destroyed. I know some people that have been evacuated... Not so good. One thing I am thankful for is that these fires have not reached the levels of the fires of four years ago.

its a good thing i live in central california. it still may be bad but not really. last wild fire near by was about 2 months ago

Swamplord, that is terrible that you, your family, and your friends are going through this. I hope your home is okay and you will be able to resume a fairly normal life again when this ordeal is through.

Same for any other members who are affected by the fires. The evacuation is now at 1/2 of a million people... the numbers just keep getting bigger. However, from what I understand, some people have been allowed to return to their homes, so that is some good news.

Absol said:
Is this another act of arson, or merely a forest fire? Or Osama's follower's sabotaging act causing a forest fire? Enlighten this naive non-American.

Indeed it is. 2 of the fires were arson do far and they are still burning and will for at least the next 2 weeks. With the santa ana winds blowing as hard as they do it will take awhile to get the fires under control and they have sent firefighters from our state to help put out the fires. Ramona is burning somewhat still but not like it was. I hope they catch the arsonists soon and I hope they never get out of prison.:)

Jeez, look at what a man with a simple lighter could do and its scary.
@ Swamplord, I hope your ok and can return to normal lives once the fires are out.

Lol, arsonists or dry spells?

In any case, let's pray for good things to come out from it. With every bad things that happens to us, something good will happen to others. For example, the fire/evacuation could've probably stopped a bank robbery, and the flames probably killed the arsonists themselves.

God, that was so random :)

My heart goes out to all those families.

I've heard some things about arson having been involved in parts of the fires. I won't read the entire thread (where it might've been mentioned) since I don't have much time, but if that was one of the causes to this then I don't even know what to say.

Arcanine out.

Swamplord- I hope that you and your family are all okay. I also hope that your home is okay!!
Then again, I guess that being evacuated is better than the other alternative option...

~Magma king~ said:
Jeez, look at what a man with a simple lighter could do and its scary.
@ Swamplord, I hope your ok and can return to normal lives once the fires are out.
i have i returned the other day they almost have the malibu fire out so i was able to come back.I'm just sad that the malibu castle burned.and luckily my house didn't burn down.

Well.. Here in the high desert, there has been a lot of smoke,
Tomarrow, skewl is closed for health reasons, but no evacuations.
From my house, I can see the fire over the mountains.. the Lake Arrowhead one.
And Wednesday, someone caught someone trying to start a fire in Hesperia Lakes (1-2 miles away from my house). Then 2 houses caught on fire in Hesperia, where I live. So, I'm nervous. The bad part is, my parents won't heed warnings of preparing for evacuations, b'cuz 4 years ago, we were supposed to evacutae from the smoke. Well.. I'm keeping my favorite things together.

That is the report from the High Desert. Back to You. xp

Wow all this is really scary (almost like my horror story I'm writing but not putting it on pokebeach because people won't want to read it) I hope everyone is going to be okay,
Swamplord you are really lucky about your house not burnng down
plus how did it happen??
Do they know?

Back